The Directorate of Primary Education of the state of Gujarat has called in for admissions under the RTE Act for the year 2020-2021. The entire process is conducted in an online manner and candidates have to refer the notification that has already been released on the official portal. The entire process of RTE admission takes place in three rounds conducted comprehensively one after the other. All parents are hereby requested to read and understand the admission process and follow guidelines without fail.
The state of Gujarat implemented the RTE Act 2009 to provide free and compulsory education to students from economically unprivileged classes. This admission is conducted for admissions to classes from 1 till 8. The government aims at reducing the fee burden to the BPL classes and also makes special provisions of scholarship facilities to the needy and meritorious students. In this article, we shall focus on RTE implementation model of Gujarat state for the year 2020-2021. Let us discuss various aspects of RTE Gujarat with respect to the important dates, eligibility criteria, application process, required documents, selection process, steps to check result, FAQs and contact details.
RTE Gujarat 2020 – Key Dates
- 1 RTE Gujarat 2020 – Key Dates
- 2 RTE Gujarat 2020 – Eligibility Criteria
- 3 RTE Gujarat Registration/Application Process/Admission
- 4 RTE Gujarat Selection/Allotment Process
- 5 Gujarat RTE Admit Card
- 6 RTE Gujarat Lottery Results
The notification in the RTE Gujarat document states important dates to be followed to apply for admissions, selection dates, seat allotment and much more. Let’s look at the most important dates that students need to take care of. Missing a deadline shall not be entertained by the authorities, and no extensions shall be provided later than the stipulated dates.
|Official release of instructions on portal||11th March 2020|
|Official release of notification||26th March 2020|
|First round of admissions||2nd April 2020|
|Admission list release for second round||16th April 2020|
|Second round admissions||12th June 2020|
RTE Gujarat 2020 – Eligibility Criteria
Parents who are interested in enrolling their wards into schools under RTE quota should compulsorily qualify in these eligibility conditions. The following criteria are the minimum requirements for a candidate to obtain a seat. Merely qualifying in the eligibility norms does not guarantee a seat for admission. The conditions are given below:
- Candidates born between 2nd June 2014 and 1st June 2015 can apply.
- The income specifications are given below. They are different for each category :
- For SC/ST candidates – Below INR 2 lakhs per annum
- For OBC candidates – Below INR 1 lakh per annum
- For general merit – Below INR 68,000 per annum.
RTE Gujarat Registration/Application Process/Admission
All candidates have to follow the instructions and step-by-step procedure to complete the application form process. Before stepping onto the application formalities, its better candidates go through the guidelines entirely. Also, keep all documents handy and enter correct data in the form. Following are the steps to complete the application procedures:
- The entire process is online. First and foremost visit the official site – rte.orpgujarat.com
- Follow important guidelines and read through instructions for filling details in the form.
- In the homepage, locate the tab indicating “Online application”.
- As a new applicant, candidates need first to perform registration.
- Enter basic registration details in the form.
- After registration, visit the form filling section.
- Enter all details required in the application form.
- Details entered should be correct as false and erroneous information shall lead to disqualification of the candidate.
- Upload requisite documents as per specified size and format.
- Pay the specified application fees.
- Submit the application form.
- Take hard copy print out and preserve it for future reference.
Documents Required For RTE Gujarat
All parents should ensure that they submit attested copies of documents during the uploading process along with application submission. Later, if the candidate is selected for further admission rounds, they have to provide original documents for verification purposes. All original documents shall be returned back to the candidate soon after verification by officials.
The list of documents is indicated below:
- Income certificate of parents.
- Caste certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Scanned image of the candidate.
- Scanned photo of the candidate.
- Proof of residence.
- Birth certificate
- Candidate’s Aadhaar card.
- Bank details of parents
The above list is common for all applicants. Owing to special cases, in addition to the above documents, the list below indicates supplementary documents as and where applicable for the candidate:
- Guardian support card
- Baby support card
- Proof indicating children of jawans who have been martyred.
- Proof to suggest child infected with HIV
- Proof indicating special needs child
- Proof to indicate migrant children
- Proof to indicate children with the cerebral palsy condition
- Proof to indicate a child who has been orphaned.
- Proof to indicate children of wandering tribes.
- Proof to indicate children coming from BPL families.
RTE Gujarat Selection/Allotment Process
The admission procedure has to be keenly followed by parents of applicants by understanding the instructions provided at every step. The first and foremost step involves filling in the application form and submitting it by attaching relevant documents. All applications to be submitted before the deadline date.
Based on the number of applications received, officials shall look into each one of them. Those applications not complying with the eligibility criteria shall not be taken for further rounds. Applications selected in the first round shall be nominated for the next round of lottery selection process. This round is also conducted in the online mode only.
All names of candidates who have been selected through the lottery system shall be displayed on the official portal. Such candidates would be instructed to visit the allotted school to meet the officials in person.
Candidates need to take the hard copy of submitted application form together with documents for verification by officials. After the verification procedures are complete, a candidate shall be admitted into the school and instructed further on the admission process.
Gujarat RTE Admit Card
All candidates who wish to enrol under RTE admission by writing RTE Gujarat exam can download the admit card from the official portal. The steps are provided below:
- Visit the official portal.
- On the left-hand panel, click on the tab indicating “Admit card”.
- Enter your registration ID and date of birth.
- Enter CAPTCHA code if provided.
- The admit card shall be displayed.
RTE Gujarat Lottery Results
Candidate can check their respective results for two instances – for checking selection after the lottery system and also to check exam results of Gujarat RTE.
Steps to check results:
- Visit the official RTE portal.
- Go to the ‘Notice Board’ section.
- Look out for links indicating results of an exam or online lottery system.
- Enter your registration ID and date of birth.
- Respective results of the candidate shall be provided.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the age criteria for seeking admission under RTE Gujarat 2020?
Candidates born between 2nd June 2013 and 1st June 2014 can apply under RTE.
- What are the documents that can be provided as proof of residence?
Aadhaar card or electricity/ telephone/water bills or driving licence or ration card or rental agreement or passport can be provided as proof of residency.
- What can be provided as proof of income?
Income slip from Mamlatdar /Taluka development officer OR a certificate from the competent authority is to be provided for proof of income.
- IF a child does not have Aadhaar card at the time of applying, what other alternatives can be provided?
Such candidates can apply for an Aadhaar card and mention the application number in the RTE form.
- What is the reservation rate in schools following RTE admission quota?
All schools that have been affiliated under Gujarat state government have to mandatorily provide reservation of 25% seats for economically weaker sections of society.
For further enquiries on the process of admission under RTE Gujarat, candidates may feel free to ask doubts to the concerned authorities. The helpline number is 079-41057851. They are reachable between 11 AM to 5 PM on all working days.