The department of public instruction, the government of Karnataka, conducts the admissions under RTE guidelines. The state believes in the fact that every child, irrespective of their caste or creed, has an equal right to obtain a good quality education. On broader terms, the state government has been helping children to acquire knowledge that allows them to achieve greater heights in their future career. The skill set that children acquire in the process is going to enable them to become future ready. Not just career orientation and subject-specific skills, the Karnataka state government, through its various initiatives, has been encouraging value based learning methodology. In the long run, the state is promoting excellence at all levels of society by making education accessible for all classes.
In this article, we are going to discuss the implementation of the RTE model in Karnataka state. The many parameters of the system including the important dates for the current year 2020-2021, eligibility criteria, admission process, documents required, selection criteria, result declaration, FAQs and important contact information are provided comprehensively in this article. Let us discuss these aspects here one by one in greater depth. The official portal concerned with Karnataka RTE admissions is www.schooleductaion.kar.nic.in.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
RTE Karnataka 2020 – Key Dates
The entire process is carried out in a collaborative format. The dates provided by the state government of Karnataka together with school admission timelines are tabulated below in greater detail:
|Official release of notification||2nd March 2020|
|List of enrolled schools||9th March 2020|
|Last date for schools to file an objection if any||11th March 2020|
|Final list of unaided enrolled schools||19th March 2020|
|Trail application process||23rd – 24th March 2020|
|Formal opening of portal for the application process||26th March to 20th April 2020|
|Verification process for applications||27th March to 24th April 2020|
|Selection of candidates through the lottery process||27th March to 24th April 2020|
|Selection in the first round||27th April 2020|
|Admission process in schools||4th May 2020|
|Final selection of first list students||5th May – 11th May 2020|
|Selection in the second round||5th May – 11th May 2020|
|Admission process in school||21st May 2020|
|Second list enrolment – final process||22nd May to 30th May 2020|
In the next table, we explain the dates when candidates have to actually go to the school to complete the registration cum admission formalities. Here are the details:
|Official release of school registration software||20th December 2019|
|Up gradation of existing schools in the list||20th March 2020|
|Deadline to submit a request for inclusion of schools to the district Deputy Director||29th February to 15th March 2020|
|Deadline to submit letters to Deputy commissioner [ if any]||11th March to 31st March 2020|
|Official registration of new schools||26th March to 10th April 2020|
These are the dates concerned with the scheme of events following RTE Karnataka state admission for the current year 2020-2021. Candidates are advised to keep a check on the official portal to track changes in dates if any.
RTE Karnataka 2020 – Eligibility Criteria
Now that we have seen and understood the various dates and timelines that are to be noted lets next move to the important part of our article- the eligibility criteria. Here is the list of conditions to be fulfilled by candidates interested in obtaining a seat under the 25% allocation of RTE quota:
- Admission under state RTE is open to permanent residents of Karnataka only.
- Annual family income of applicants’ parents to be less than INR 3.5 lakhs.
- Candidates should be from the economically underprivileged classes of society to apply.
- For admission to UKG, a candidate should be in the age bracket of 3 years 10 months to 4 years 10 months.
- For admission to grade 1, a candidate should fall in the age bracket of 5 years 10 months to 6 years 10 months.
- Greater priority is offered to special classes of children. This class includes candidates who re orphans, a child affected or infected by deadly HIV disease, transgender children, children who require special needs and attention, children dwelling on streets and slums, children of migrants, children of farmers who have perished under the circumstances or committed suicide.
- Wards of serving government employees are also eligible to apply under the RTE act.
RTE Karnataka 2020 Application Process – How to Apply Online?
In the previous section, we explained the various conditions laid down by the state RTE act. Now that we have understood them let’s move to the application process. This section explains step-wise details about applying to RTE admissions for various state-run schools of Karnataka. Look at the details:
- Visit the homepage of the official website.
- All candidates have to register themselves on the website before proceeding to the application process.
- The registered application ID, together with the password, shall be sent to the registered mobile number or e-mail ID of the parent.
- Next section requests for all details pertaining to the student and parents’ information.
- All data entered should be absolutely correct.
- Next, select your preferred school from the drop-down list. Make sure the school falls in the range of 1 to 3 km distance from the residence.
- Selection of the school to be followed up by a selection of class seeking admission to.
- Scan documents in the required format and upload them properly.
- Submit the application form.
- Take a hard copy print of the same to save for future references.
Documents Required For RTE Karnataka
Now that we have familiarized our readers with the step-wise application process let’s enlist the documents required for the application submission process. Documents need to be kept ready before the start of the application process. This can avoid any kind of glitches in the application submission process.
List of documents:
- Aadhaar card of parents
- Aadhaar card of the applicant
- Birth certificate of the candidate
- Income certificate
- Caste certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Proof of residence of parents.
- Print copy of submitted application form.
- Passport size photo of the candidate
- Mark sheets of the last exam
- Disability certificate [if applicable]
RTE Karnataka Selection/Allotment Process
Following the application submission process, the applications shall go through strict checks and scrutiny to verify all candidatures. After looking into every application in detail, concerned officials shall filter out many among them and nominate quite a few for the next online lottery process.
The list of nominated candidates shall be posted on the online website. Following the nomination process, candidates shall be allotted seats for admission in schools. There is a dual process that keeps changing every year based on number of applicants.
If the number of applications is lesser than the available number of seats, seat allotment process takes place directly without any further process. If the seats available are lesser than the applications received, an online lottery system shall be conducted to select students randomly.
The state education department officials shall communicate to the selected students, and they could proceed further to the allotted school for admission formalities. All candidates have to carry a copy of the submitted application form together with attested copies of documents submitted as part of the admission process.
RTE Karnataka Results
All candidates who seem to have qualified under the RTE act and have applied accordingly can look out for results on the official portal. The results shall be displayed in the form of RTE Karnataka seat allotment list for the current year. Here are the steps to check results:
- Visit the homepage of the official portal.
- Go to the section titles “ Latest news”.
- Click on the corresponding result round to obtain results.
- Enter your application number in the space provided.
- Enter the mobile number provided in the application form.
- Next click on generate OTP. Results shall be displayed on the portal.
Frequently Asked Questions
- IF a candidate does not possess an Aadhaar card at present, can he apply?
YES, candidates can apply for Aadhaar card and submit the Aadhaar number in the application form.
- What documents can be furnished for proof of residence?
Aadhaar card or driving license or first page of bank passbook or driving license or ration card or Voter ID card or passport copy can be provided.
- What is the last date for SC/ST application form submissions?
15th April 2020 was the last date for SC/ST form submission.
- To what age group does the RTE Karnataka implementation cater to?
All candidates in the age group of 6 to 14 can apply.
- What are the details to be kept handy for the student registration process?
Candidate’s name, date of birth, e-mail ID and contact number needs to be given.
For any doubts in this regard, candidates can feel free to contact these helpline numbers – 1800-425-34567 OR 080-2248716.
The address is as follows – New Public office, Near RBI, Nrupathunga Road, Sampangi Rama Nagar, Ambedkar Veedhi, Bangalore – 560001