Admission for RTE Maharashtra for the year 2020-2021 has begun in the state and parents are waiting to enrol their children into these schools. All private schools in the state of Maharashtra have to abide by the RTE rules and regulations. It is mandatory to reserve 25% of seats in these schools for students from poorer sections of the society. It is also required to provide free education to these students starting from class 1 till class 8. The renowned RTE act came into force in the state in April 2010.
In this article, we discuss detailed aspects of RTE Maharashtra with respect to the important dates, application procedure, documentation, fee to be remitted, selection method, results, FAQs and important helpline number.
RTE Maharashtra 2020 – Exam Dates
The most important dates with respect to RTE 2020-2021 are provided below:
|Important Event||Important dates to follow|
|Formal registration of schools||21st Jan 2020|
|Deadline for school registration||10th Feb 2020|
|Release of application form for enrolment of the student||12th Feb 2020|
|Deadline for application submission for students||4th March 2020|
|Lottery system of selection||17th March 2020|
|SMS notification on the waiting list of students||20th March 2020|
|Document verification process||Tentatively can be expected after 31st of March 2020|
RTE Maharashtra 2020 – Eligibility Criteria
All candidates in the age group of 6 to 14 years, domiciled in the state of Maharashtra and belonging to the economically poorer sections of society are eligible to apply for admission to RTE Maharashtra 2020. Also, candidates need to be aware that 25% of seats in all educational institutions shall be reserved for the economically backward sections of society.
RTE Maharashtra 2020 Application Form – How to Apply Online?
All parents who intend to seek admission for their wards under the RTE system should follow the admission procedure provided below. The online application form was officially made available on the website on 12th February 2020. Due to circumstances, the availability of forms had to be extended till a later date, till the first week of March 2020. RTE state authorities are very particular and conform to the online system of application only. No other method or means of application shall be entertained whatsoever.
Candidates must, first of all, select the school on the official portal by following the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the official portal of ‘School education and support department, the government of Maharashtra’.
- Click on the list of schools.
- Select a district.
- If you choose the option to search block-wise, then enter the block name to locate the school.
- If you prefer to search for school name-wise, then enter the correct name.
- Provide search option, and school details shall be displayed.
The application process consists of registration and application form filling. Let’s go in detail with both:
- Visit the official RTE Maharashtra portal.
- Candidates need to create a login ID and password for registration.
- Enter basic candidate details, contact information and e-mail ID.
- Submit the registration form.
- Candidates shall receive login ID and password through SMS or e-mail. The mail attachment shall also contain individual application number.
Application Form Filling Process
- Right after a candidate is registered in the official RTE Maharashtra portal, login now with your valid credentials.
- Open the application form section.
- Enter correct details in the application form without any mistakes.
- After filling your form, upload necessary documents as requested.
- Take care to upload all documents as per right size and format.
- Take a hard copy print of the submitted application form.
- In the next step, candidates need to pay the requisite fee for the application.
- After fee payment, submit the application form before the due date.
Key Documents Required For RTE Maharashtra
Now that we have understood the application procedures and formalities let’s move to the section that indicates the list of documents to be attached with the application form. Here are the enclosures to be provided:
- Recent passport size photograph
- Domicile certificate
- Hard copy of submitted application form.
- Caste certificate
- Disability certificate [ if applicable]
- Income certificate or salary slip from the employer
- Birth certificate
- Documents to support special cases – war widows/ widows/ orphaned children/ child of single parent.
All applications should be accompanied by the requisite fee. Fees have to be paid before application form submission. The application form, together with the required documents and the application fee should be submitted comprehensively as part of the formalities. Fees shall be revised from time to time, and the updated fee amount shall be displayed on the official website.
RTE Maharashtra Selection Process
The list of vacant and available seats is notified in the official website by the authorities. The admission procedure is carried out in correspondence with the availability of seats. A comparison is drawn between the number of seats available and a number of applications received.
- In case the number of vacant seats is less than the number of applicants, then seats shall be allotted to candidates based on the lottery system of selection.
- In case the number of vacant seats is more than the number of applications received, then the school shall provide seats for all applicants.
RTE Maharashtra Result
Candidates are advised to visit the official portal to check results from time to time. It is hereby noted that waiting lists are provided for selected students. Those candidates whose name appears in the waiting list shall be intimated over an SMS on parents’ mobile numbers. The admission process can be formally initiated for all selected students.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who can apply for RTE Maharashtra admission?
Children studying in primary classes till class 8, domiciled in Maharashtra can apply for RTE Maharashtra admission.
- What is the name of the department that looks into admissions under RTE Maharashtra 2020?
School education and support department, the government of Maharashtra look into RTE Maharashtra admissions.
- When is the opening and closing dates for the application process?
Application process formally began on 12th Feb. 2020 and concluded on 29th Feb. 2020.
- What is the official website that students have to visit for applying to RTE Maharashtra 2020?
rte25admission.maharashtra.gov.in is the official website.
- What is the timeline between which verification process shall be carried out?
Between 14th March and 3rd April verification, cum seat allotment determination process took place.
All candidates who wish to clarify their doubts/ queries regarding RTE admissions shall contact on the below mentioned details:
Contact Number: +91-9158877431
E-mail ID: email@example.com