The state government of Madhya Pradesh has initiated an exclusive Right to education [RTE] portal under the state RTE act of 2009. The state government has been religiously implementing the free and compulsory education act to increase enrolment numbers and work on greater retention to prevent dropouts. The main target of the government is the poor and backward families of the state that need to be guided and informed about the availability of free and fair education for all.
In this article, we are going to explain how the government is taking steps to reserve around 25% seats in private schools. These schools are spread across different locations in the state. The main aim of the state government is to provide free education to all candidates of the weaker sections till they come to class 8.
In the following sections, we shall mainly be discussing the implementation of RTE act 2009 in the state of Madhya Pradesh. We give our readers comprehensive information on the important dates w.r.t RTE MP 2020, eligibility criteria, the online application process, documents required, selection procedure for seats, result allocation, FAQs and important contact information. The official website of the state if rteportal.mp.gov.in.
RTE MP 2020 – Key Dates
In this section, we discuss the most important dates with respect to RTE Madhya Pradesh admission for the year 2020. The official authorities of respective schools are provided with the responsibility of furnishing information on all latest dates and events in the online mode. Parents are hereby expected to make a note of all these dates and apply before the deadline arrives.
|Important Event||Important Dates|
|Formal commencement of online application process||30-04-2020|
|Deadline for the application process||29-05-2020|
|Download date for submitted application form and verification form||Between 30-04-2020 and 29-05-2020|
|Verification procedure for documents||Between 30-04-2020 and 29-05-2020|
|Last date for making corrections to application forms[ if any]||Between 30-04-2020 and 29-05-2020|
|Last date to upload verified documents||01-05-2020 to 05-06-2020|
|Seat allotment in schools||Till 12-06-2020|
|Online lottery process for preparing merit list of shortlisted candidates||Only after 05-06-2020|
|Last date to download allotment letter from the official portal||12-06-2020 to 20-06-2020|
|Last date to report to assigned school to complete admission formalities.||13-06-2020 to 25-06-2020|
|Formal school entry for students||13-06-2020 to 30-06-2020|
RTE MP 2020 – Eligibility Criteria
The admission process requires candidates to fulfill certain eligibility criteria. All candidates who are able to fulfill these conditions can go ahead and apply in the given dates. If a candidate does not seem to qualify in these conditions, he/she may be denied admission at present or later stages of the process. So look at these criteria and understand them carefully before going ahead:
- All candidates who are permanently domiciled in Madhya Pradesh are eligible to apply.
- Applicants could either be studying in 1st grade or nursery class.
- The RTE admission form should be submitted at the nearest private institution. Parents have to stand by distance norms from their residence as specified in the RTE state act.
- Candidates should belong to the weaker sections of society.
- Forms, once submitted, cannot be withdrawn to make modifications or changes. Enter correct details while filling up the form.
Following table describes the age criteria as prescribed by official norms for admission process, readers are requested to take note of it:
|Class to which admission is sought||Age criteria|
|For pre-primary ( Class 3 +)||More than 3 years and less than 4 years|
|For pre-primary ( Class 4 +)||More than 3.6 years but less than 5 years|
|For pre-primary ( Class 5 +)||More than 4.6 years but less than 6 years|
|First grade||More than 5 years but less than 7 years|
RTE MP 2020 Registration Process – How to Apply Online?
All applications have to be made in the online mode only. Officials have made it very clear that any other mode involved in sending the applications is duly not accepted. Also, candidates have to read and understand the guidelines without fail carefully. Before starting the application process, parents have to keep all documents ready and in-place. The entire application procedure is comprehensively described below:
- Visit the official website of RTE Madhya Pradesh portal for admissions to the current year 2020.
- Make sure you are filling the form within the stipulated deadline.
- Cross-check the eligibility criteria mentioned in the previous section.
- Let’s step into the actual application procedure.
- First step is candidate registration. Provide basic and compulsory details like candidate name, mobile number and e-mail id of parents.
- Submit the registration form.
- Parents shall receive an acknowledgement over their mobile number. This message contains application number and password. Parents may also receive these details over e-mail ID also.
- Now login to the portal again with registered credentials.
- Now comes the actual form filling section. Enter more details like educational qualification, parents’ income details, any other information requested.
- Now upload requisite documents.
- Pay application fee in the online mode.
- Verify all details once more. All data should be correct and without errors.
- Submit the application form.
- Take a hard copy print out of the application form. Save it for future references.
Documents Required For RTE Madhya Pradesh
Documents should be scanned and uploaded in the right format. Not following the specifications may lead to disqualification of the application. List of documents to be submitted are given below; they are only indicative. During the selection and actual admission process, on request by authorities, candidates may need to produce more documents. The indicative list is given below:
- Caste certificate
- Passport size photograph
- Domicile certificate
- Income certificate
- Mark sheets of the last exam passed
- Certificate for proof of date of birth
- Disability certificate
- Print out of submitted application form.
RTE MP 2020 – Selection/Allotment Process
Admission to private schools under RTE quota is provided by a random lottery system. This lottery system is conducted by officials of state RTE system. The lottery process is conducted by officials, again in the online mode only. Post completion of the lottery system, results shall be generated, and selected students shall be indicated on the official portal.
Students are requested to check the official portal for updates from time to time. If a candidate finds his name in the selected list of students, he should immediately report to the school with his parents. Candidates should carry the required documents for the certification process by the concerned education officer. The print out of the application form also needs to be taken along.
Candidates need to report to the school within the stipulated time slot and date mentioned. All candidates shall be provided with a reporting form by the conducting authorities. The reporting form needs to be filled in like an application form. All correct details to be mentioned and a photo of applicant to be pasted into eh space provided. Submit the form and obtain a receipt.
RTE MP Results 2020
Now that we have a fair idea of how applications are screened and the lottery system of admission is conducted; let’s try to move to our next section. In this particular part of the article, let’s try to understand how to retrieve the results of applications. Whenever a candidate wishes to check the results of his applications, he has to follow the steps provided below:
- Visit the homepage of the official portal.
- Log in with registered credentials.
- Go to the section indicating “ Admission check-in.”
- Provide any additional details requested [like candidate name, etc.].
- Hit the submit button.
- Check for the candidate’s name in the selected student’s list display.
Frequently Asked Questions
- The RTE admission for the state of MP is conducted for what classes in 2020-2021?
Admission for nursery, LKG, UKG and 1st standard is conducted through RTE admission for the current year.
- How much the number of private schools in MP provides 25% reservation under RTE quota?
Around 22,385 non-government schools are offering 25% reservation under RTE quota.
- When does the Online Registration for RTE MP 2020 start?
30th April 2020, is the application commencement date.
- When can the results of the lottery for seat selection be expected in this year?
Lottery results can be expected around 12th June 2020.
- What are the minimum and maximum age to apply for RTE admission?
For the state held RTE admission for MP, children between the ages 3 to 7 may apply.
For additional queries and any trouble understanding the process, the RTE MP officials are always ready to serve the public. They can be reached on 7552600115 or contacted via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.