The Directorate of Government Examinations of the state government of Tamil Nadu conducts admissions under RTE for the year 2020. The right to free and compulsory education, popularly known as RTE act was brought to force in the country in the year 2009. As per stipulations and norms described, 25% of seats in private institutions of the state are exclusively reserved for the economically backward sections of society.
Tamil Nadu has established various institutions of excellence and provided great opportunities for meritorious candidates in its world-class varsities. In this regard, the state has showcased itself as an excellent model for providing technical and professional education that prepares students with global expertise in all areas of technology.
At the bottom level stands the established authority of the state to provide free and compulsory education. The children of Tamil Nadu enjoy various benefits in education irrespective of factors like caste, creed, economic status etc.
In this article, we are going to discuss comprehensively on RTE admissions for Tamil Nadu for the current year 2020-2021. The admission process is conducted in the online mode and the entire perspective here revolves around the key dates of RTE Tamil Nadu, eligibility criteria, application and selection process, method of obtaining results, documents required for admission, FAQs and essential contact details.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
RTE Tamil Nadu 2020 – Important Dates
|Formal commencement of online application process||22nd April 2020|
|Deadline to submit online applications||18th May 2020|
|Commencement of the admission process||3rd May 2020|
|Last date of RTE Tamilnadu admission||18th May 2020|
|Official publication of shortlisted candidates list||20th May 2020|
|Procedure for random selection process||23rd May 2020|
|Final selection of candidates||23rd May 2020|
RTE Tamil Nadu 2020 – Eligibility Criteria
Applicants should read through the guidelines presented in the official notification before moving ahead to the application process. All candidates are expected to comply with these eligibility conditions without fail. If a student does not qualify in any of the conditions presented below, he/she could lose his seat during or later in the admission process. To avoid such circumstances, parents must read and understand these points clearly:
- Students seeking admission should be permanent residents of Tamil Nadu.
- Annual family income of the student should be less than INR 2 lakhs.
- Students should belong to one of these categories – SC/ST/OBC or EWS category.
- Applicants’ age should be between 6 and 14 years only. Age relaxations not acceptable.
The following table provides the exact criteria for age, according to the entry-level class:
|Class for which candidate is seeking admission||Date of the birth range specification|
|For admission to LKG||Between 1st August 2015 and 8th August 2016.|
|For admission to class 1||Between 2nd August 2013 and 1st August 2014.|
RTE Tamil Nadu 2020 Application Process – How to Apply Online?
Candidates have to apply in the mentioned time frame, failing which no extension in dates shall be provided. A three step methodology has been engaged for parents to complete the application process for their wards. In this regard, applicants have to follow the norms of registration followed by form filling process and lastly paying fees and document uploading step. Candidates have to ensure they keep all information and documents ready before beginning to enter application form details. Here are the steps:
- First visit the official portal of RTE Tamil Nadu 2020.
- Traverse to the ‘Student Registration’ section.
- Carefully read and understand the instructions provided. Click on proceed.
- Provide basic details in the registration form.
- Enter the application form section.
- Candidates need to enter information such as name, date of birth, address, age, parents name, category, income details, occupation, and mobile number, e-mail ID etc.
- All details should be correctly entered and verifiable.
- Now move on to the last section. Pay the application fee and upload documents in the required size and format.
- Before submitting your form, ensure you verify the smallest of details for accuracy.
- Submit the completed application form. Keep a hard copy of the submitted form for future references.
Documents Required For RTE Tamil Nadu
Candidates need to scan and upload required documents on the official portal. If the application form is not attached with the required documents while submission or before the last date to apply, then such forms shall be rejected straight away. Any requests to postpone document submission to a later date shall not be contended with. Here is the essential list of documents:
- Aadhaar card or optionally ration card can also be provided.
- Birth certificate of student
- Caste certificate of parents
- Special category certificate if a candidate belongs to an economically disadvantaged group.
- Domicile certificate
- Income certificate of parents
- Passport size photograph of the student
RTE Tamil Nadu 2020 – Selection/Allotment Process
The Directorate of Education provides admission for classes Nursery, LKG, UKG and 1st standard for the state of Tamil Nadu under the RTE act. Admissions are going to commence from 3rd May 2020 formally. All applications received before the deadline of 18th May 2020 shall be screened and shortlisted. All candidates who fulfil the eligibility criteria shall be given preference and selected in the first round. Later, a lottery system shall be engaged for the final selection of candidates. The admission process is applicable to both government and private schools of Tamil Nadu.
RTE Tamil Nadu Results 2020
Once applications are submitted, parents are going to be anxious about obtaining results and updates regarding their wards’ admission. For easing out the process, here we explain the steps to check the result of application:
- Visit the official Tamil Nadu RTE portal.
- Click on the tab indicating “Application status”.
- Provide correct login ID and password.
- Submit any other details requested.
- Status/ result of your application shall be displayed.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Specify the size and format for uploading the candidate’s photograph.
Size should be maximum within 1 MB. Photo specification to be 1400 PX*1671 PX. Documents can be scanned in JPG/JPEG format only.
- How should the application fee be filed? What is the specified fee?
Fees shall be updated every year, and the same shall be available on the official portal. Fees should be remitted through ONLINE means only.
- What is the starting and closing date of TN admissions under RTE?
The application process is open for students between the dates 22nd April 2020 to 18th May 2020. All applications received after 18th May shall not be entertained.
- What are the age specification criteria under RTE Tamil Nadu 2020?
For kindergarten classes [including Nursery/LKG/UKG] – candidate should be born between 01-08-2016 to 01-08-2017.
For admission to class 1 – candidate should be born between 01-08-2014 to 01-08-2015.
- Which are the schools providing admission under RTE act?
All matriculation and elementary schools of TN following the RTE norms can be found on the official portal. For locating schools easily, the name of the school against the corresponding district is cited in a table format. This makes it easy for students to locate schools.
All queries relating to RTE Tamil Nadu would be addressed by an official team to facilitate the easy admission process. Please contact the helpline number 8144-22-4444 to clarify your doubts if any.