The Basic education department of the state government of Uttar Pradesh conducts the admissions of students under the RTE Act. All schools that come under the state control of RTE arm have notified for admissions for the current year 2020-2021. All parents who are interested in admitting their kids under this act can obtain complete information in this article. The RTE act in Uttar Pradesh was enforced as early as 2010. From then on, the state has been actively promoting welfare schemes for children that establish free and fair education to all. This holds true irrespective of caste, creed or economic status of the families they belong to.
The state government also understands the stiff competition present outside. In this regard, it actively encourages 25% reservation for weaker sections of society to seek admissions in private run schools of the state. This article pertains to RTE Uttar Pradesh in detail. We elaborately present the facts related to key dates, eligibility criteria, admission process, documents required, seat allotments process, result declaration, FAQ’s and important contact details. Let us learn more about RTE UP 2020 in the forthcoming sections of our article.
RTE UP 2020 – Important Dates
The first and foremost section pertains to the important dates. Many times, students wish to apply for a scheme but in the course of time, miss out on important dates. So not allowing that to happen, we are hereby presenting the key dates to our readers in an easy-to-remember format below:
The state of UP conducts admission for RTE run state schools in totally 3 rounds. The precise dates corresponding to all the three rounds are given below.
|Name of Event||Round 1 admission||Round 2 admission||Round 3 admission|
|Commencement of online application process||2nd April 2020||18th April 2020||23rd May 2020|
|Deadline to submit online application||10th April 2020||15th May 2020||10th June 2020|
|Verification by DEO [ district education officer]||Between 11th and 13th April 2020||Between 16th and 18th May 2020||Between 11th and 14th June 2020|
|Selection through lottery method||14th April 2020||19th May 2020||15th June 2020|
|Actual date of admission||30th April 2020||30th May 2020||5th July 2020|
RTE UP 2020 – Eligibility Criteria
So now that candidates have a clear picture of all the three rounds and their dates let’s now move to the eligibility criteria. These are conditions laid down by the RTE state act 2020. Only if a student finds him qualifying in these conditions, should the parents go ahead and make an online application. The conditions are stated below:
- Candidate should be a domicile of UP state only.
- Candidate should have a valid document showing permanent resident status in UP or a domicile certificate of UP state.
- Candidates above 3 years but below the age of 7 years are eligible to apply.
Application fee with respect to the application form shall be applicable. The fees shall be displayed on the online portal by the official authorities. Fees shall be payable in the online mode only.
RTE UP 2020 Registration Process – How to Apply Online?
All candidates who wish to apply for UP state-run schools under RTE should immediately check for updates and complete information regarding the application process on the official portal. Before beginning the process, it’s highly advisable to read and understand the guidelines presented for every step:
- The first process in the application section is the registration process. To fulfil registration formalities, the following information needs to be presented – the name of a candidate, mobile number of parents, e-mail id and date of birth details.
- Make sure all details provided are correct. These details shall be utilised later to contact the candidate by officials.
- After completing the registration formalities, go to the section indicating application form.
- In this section, enter educational details, income details of parents, other personal details and many more.
- Fill up all details correctly. After form filling activity is done, upload documents in the right size and format.
- Pay the requisite application fee online.
- Submit the application form after verifying all sections once again.
- Take a hard copy print out of the submitted application form.
Documents Required For RTE UP
Parents have to ensure that they upload all documents along with their wards’ application form. In many instances, parents forget to upload documents in the right size and format. This may lead to disqualification.
Documents are required to be presented at two stages of the admission round:
- In the first instance, candidates need to scan and upload photocopies of their documents. These document photocopies need to be attested and then uploaded.
- In the second phase, during the actual verification process by district education officer, the originals need to be submitted. They shall be returned soon after verification.
List of documents are:
- Aadhaar Card
- Domicile certificate
- Birth certificate of the applicant
- Income certificate of parents
- Caste certificate
- Passport size photograph of the applicant
- Parents ID Proof – Anyone among Voter ID Card/ Aadhaar Card/ Driving license.
RTE UP Selection Process
Admission for state-run RTE schools is carried out in totally 3 phases. Here are some very important guidelines to follow with respect to RTE Uttar Pradesh admission process:
- The first phase of the lottery result was published on the official portal by April 14th 2020. Before the deadline of 30th April 2020, admission formalities in concerned schools need to be completed without fail.
- Coming to the second phase, lottery results shall be published by 30th May 2020.
- Those candidates who could not find their names displayed in the first list can also lookout in the second list.
- By 05th July 2020, the third and the final list shall be published.
The government, according to stipulations, laid down under the RTE Act 2009, shall provide free and compulsory education till class 8th. An exclusive reservation of 25% shall be maintained for this purpose for economically weaker sections.
RTE UP 2020 Results
Candidates can check for the latest updates on the lottery result to know about their selection. Parents have to follow these steps to check their results for UP RTE 2020:
- Visit the official portal of RTE UP state – rte25.upsdc.gov.in
- Go to the section indicating “Lottery result”.
- Provide your registered username and password.
- In the drop-down list, select the district you belong to.
- Provide applicant name.
- Click on the search tab to obtain results.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can students obtain their registered application number?
Candidates shall receive both registered application number and password to their parents’ mobile numbers.
- Is there any distance criteria for the allocation of schools?
The school should be located within proximity of 1 to 3 kilometres range from candidate’s residence.
- Specify the age limit for various classes.
For LKG/UKG admission, child should be between 3 and 6 years. For admission to class 1, child’s age should be between 6 and 7 years only.
- Please tell us the important dates when the RTE process was initiated and when it is likely to terminate for the year 2020.
The process was initiated on 2nd July 2020 and is about to close by 5th July 2020.
- Free and compulsory education is meant for which classes to the economically weaker sections?
From pre-primary [class 1] till class 8th, free and compulsory education is imparted for economically weaker sections.
Candidates can get their queries addressed using the below mentioned contact details.
Address: UP Education for all project board, Vidya Bhavan, Nishat Ganj, Lucknow- 226007
Contact number – 0522- 4024440