Uttarakhand is one of the prominent states of India that has been promoting Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan on a very large scale. It has been working tirelessly for providing free and fair education to a greater part of society. Some of its common concerns are making elementary education compulsory and accessible to all sections of society, to prevent school drop-outs and encourage higher education among children from all backgrounds. Also, the issue of gender gaps and taking steps to promote female education and literacy has been actively encouraged in the state.
In this regard, the RTE act of Uttarakhand state has become a working model for other similar states to follow in their footsteps. In this article, we describe the RTE framework of Uttarakhand state in all its detail. We intend to provide our readers with thorough knowledge on various aspects of the implementation of RTE in the state. Let’s begin with the important dates and move to other points like eligibility criteria, the registration process for interested candidates, required documentation, selection process, and method to acquire results of selection, FAQs and contact details.
RTE Uttarakhand 2020 – Important Dates
Let’s first begin with the most important dates of RTE Uttarakhand state. These dates are to be remembered and followed up. Any delay in applying to RTE Uttarakhand admissions shall not be accepted as late applications are not entertained.
Please Note – Candidates have to note that the admission process for the current year is already completed.
|Online application process formally commenced||6th Feb 2020|
|Deadline to submit application forms||15th March 2020|
|Document Verification procedure||15th March 2020|
|Results of the lottery system for selection||Has been declared already officially.|
RTE Uttarakhand 2020 – Eligibility Criteria
It very necessary for all candidates to look into these important conditions. They specify the eligibility criteria before moving on to the application process. Those candidates who don’t seem to qualify in these shall not be taken to the next level of admission procedures, hence carefully note them:
- Candidates should be permanent residents of the state of Uttarakhand.
- Candidates should belong to the economically poorer sections of society.
- For admission to pre-primary under RTE 2020, the candidate should be born between 1st April 2015 and 31st March 2017.
- For admission to first grade, a candidate should be born between 1st April 2014 and 31st March 2015.
- There is a special reservation of 25% under the RTE Act for the poorer sections. To qualify under this quota, the annual income of parents has to be less than INR 5500.
RTE Uttarakhand 2020 Registration Process – How to Apply Online?
All applications were open for applying till midnight of 15th March 2020. After this date, the online link to apply for admissions has been closed. Around 1430 schools are registered under the Uttarakhand RTE act 2020. The procedure for applying is described as step wise in elaborate detail below:
- Applicants can visit the official portal of RTE Uttarakhand state.
- As a first time/ new user candidates need to register themselves under ‘New student registration’.
- Enter basic details in the registration form. Candidates will receive their registration ID on their mobile numbers.
- After basic registration formalities, candidates can visit the form filling section of the application. Here details of parents, contact and address details, school details, etc. need to be entered.
- Finally, documents need to be uploaded.
- After verifying all details, submit the application form.
- Take a hard copy print of the same and save it for future references.
Documents Required For RTE Uttarakhand
All candidates have to ensure documents are uploaded in the right format and size. After uploading them with the application, they have to submit hard copies to the block education officer. The verification officer shall look into all documents and authenticate them. 15th March 2020 was the deadline to submit original documents to the verification officer. The list of documents is given below:
- Hard copy of submitted application form.
- Birth certificate
- Aadhaar card
- Proof of residence
- PAN card of mother/ father
- Income certificate
- Caste certificate
- Medical certificate [ wherever applicable]
- Orphaned certificate [ wherever applicable]
- Divorce certificate if the mother is divorced
- Death certificate [ if either or both parents are not alive]
RTE Uttarakhand Selection Process
The verification officer shall scrutinize all applications and corresponding documents received. After thoroughly conducting the verification process, a list of students shall be nominated for the lottery round of selection. For this year, the results have been declared based on the lottery system of selection. Further on, the dates shall always be notified on the official website.
All candidates who have been listed in the lottery system shall receive intimation on their mobile numbers. Such candidates can take a print out of the message appearing on their mobile numbers as messages.
With the hard copy of the message, candidates can approach with their parents to the respective school and complete further admission formalities pending, if any.
RTE Uttarakhand 2020 Results
All the names of selected candidates seeking admission under RTE Uttarakhand state 2020 shall be displayed on the official website. All applicants can enter their registration ID to check whether they have been selected for admission or not. Usually, it takes a while for web pages on the official portal to upload results. Candidates are hereby expected to maintain patience while checking out their results.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the official website for RTE Uttarakhand 2020?
rte121c-ukd.in is the official website of RTE Uttarakhand 2020.
- What is the age limit to apply for RTE Uttarakhand admission 2020?
All candidates below 6 years are eligible.
- What are the documents that are accepted for proof of birth?
Birth certificate/ Aadhaar card/ Birth declaration letter are the documents that are accepted for proof of birth.
- What are the documents accepted as proof of residence?
Aadhaar card/ voter ID/ ration card/ driving license/ bank passbook/ electricity bill etc are accepted as proof of residence.
- When should medical documents be produced?
If the candidate is disabled or suffering from leprosy or HIV, only then medical documents need to be produced.
In case of further queries, parents can contact the numbers or write into the address or mail-id specified below:
Address: State Project Office, Nannoor Khera, Tapovan Road, Raipur, Dehradun – 248001
Contact number: 0135 – 2781941
E-mail ID: [email protected]