It is in the states of UP, Rajasthan, and Uttarakhand that the social welfare departments of the respective state governments have collaboratively joined hands for the betterment of the society in the field of education. Each state also offers these scholarships at various levels, including pre matric and post matric categories. Every state defines its own set of rules, conditions, and requirements towards the scholarship applications. But collectively, they stand united to provide a financial grant to needy students who wish to study further but cannot afford to, citing financial conditions.
In the article discussed below, we gather complete information about Samaj Kalyan scholarships regarding important dates and timelines to adhere to, detailed eligibility criteria, different parameters pertaining to UP, Rajasthan and Uttarakhand states, FAQs and last but not the least, contact details of the social welfare departments of all the states.
Samaj Kalyan Scholarship 2020 – Overview
|Provided by||Social Welfare Departments (UP, Rajasthan, & Uttarakhand)|
|Scholarship Name||Samaj Kalyan Scholarship|
|States participation||UP, Rajasthan, and Uttarakhand|
Samaj Kalyan Scholarship – Important Dates
Let us first look into the important dates pertaining to the Samaj Kalyan scholarships of all the three states. It is important to note that these dates are completely tentative and tend to change with every passing year. But the approximate timeline when candidates should look out for applying to these schemes is very important, and hence the below section provides guidelines regarding the same. Let us look into the dates:
- For UP state – the important timeline falls between the months of July and September
- For Rajasthan state – the important timeline falls between the months of December and January
- For Uttarakhand scholarship – the important timeline falls between the months of October and November
Samaj Kalyan Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
Let us now look into the details of the eligibility conditions for each state scholarship. According to the working of the social welfare department of each state, the conditions applicable also vary accordingly. Taking state-wise details into consideration, the eligibility conditions are tabulated below for easy understanding.
UP State Eligibility
|Name of scholarship||Eligibility criteria|
|Pre matric scholarships for SC/ST and general categories|
|Post matric scholarships for SC/ST and general categories [Intermediate level]|
|Post matric scholarships for SC/ST and general categories [post Intermediate level]|
|Post matric scholarships for SC/ST and general categories [schemes pertaining to other states]|
Apply For UP Scholarship
For the state of Rajasthan
The following eligibility conditions hold good for the scholarships offered by the state of Rajasthan:
|Name of scholarship||Eligibility conditions|
|Post matric scholarship for SC/ST and SBC [Special backward class] categories|
|Post matric scholarship exclusively for OBC category|
|Dr. Ambedkar post-matric scholarship exclusively for EBC students|
|Dr. Ambedkar post-matric scholarship exclusively for DNT [Denotified nomadic, semi-nomadic tribes] category|
|Mukhya Mantri Sarvjan Uchha Shiksha Chhatravriti Yojana|
Apply for Rajasthan Scholarship
For the state of Uttarakhand
The following eligibility conditions hold good for the state of Uttarakhand
|Name of scholarship||Eligibility conditions|
|Post matric scholarship exclusively for OBC students|
|Post matric scholarship for SC/ST students|
|Pre matric scholarship for SC/ST students|
|Pre matric scholarship exclusively for OBC students|
|Pre matric scholarship exclusively for disability students|
|Post matric scholarship for EBC students|
|Pre matric scholarship exclusively for minorities|
Samaj Kalyan Scholarship Application Process
The application procedure in most of the states is now ONLINE, and very few of them choose the offline path. Every state hosts a different website for its social welfare department to offer scholarships to students. Accordingly, in this section, we discuss the various processes and steps involved in making applications with reference to different states.
For Uttar Pradesh State
For the state of UP, the department is very particular that candidates apply to the scholarship within the stipulated dates only. Any application made after the deadline is crossed, shall not be entertained. Here are the steps to be followed for UP state scholarship applications:
- Login to the official site of UP social welfare department scholarship portal – scholarship.up.nic.in
- The first step after a candidate steps into the website is individual candidate registration.
- After registration, candidates can login into the website with their newly created credentials.
- After a successful login, check out for the list of scholarships and apply them to the most suitable one.
- Fill up all details in the application form and upload relevant documents along with it.
- Submit the application form after re-checking all entered data.
- Note down/ save the application reference number obtained after form submission.
- Take a print copy of the submitted application form.
- Submit the hard copy documents and the application form to the respective educational institution within 7 days of online application submission.
For Rajasthan State
The Rajasthan state government offers a host of scholarships to students of all levels. The detailed application procedure is as discussed below:
- Visit the official website of the state social welfare department – www.sje.rajasthan.gov.in/Default.aspx
- Click on the “New Registration” tab and create a new user ID and password.
- After registration, click on the login button and log in successfully with a newly created ID and password.
- Click on the “Apply for scholarship” button.
- Lock the application after completing all details and uploading documents.
- Take hard copy print out of the submitted application form.
- Get the official seal and signature from the head of your educational institution.
- Attach relevant hard copies of documents along with application form and send it to the concerned district officer.
The application form submission for Uttarakhand state resembles that of the other two states. Generally, candidates are advised to read through the guidelines and the instructions completely before making a formal application process. The detailed application procedure for Uttarakhand state is explained below:
- Visit the official website portal – escholarship.uk.gov.in/Home.aspx
- The very first step involves candidate registration.
- After registration, candidates can login and enter the application area.
- Enter all the details in the application section.
- Upload relevant documents.
- Submit the application form.
- Take print copy; get it attested by the head of the educational institute.
- Forward the copy along with documents to the district educational officer for further processing.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the rewards and benefits obtained from UP scholarships?
The social welfare department of UP offers financial rewards that vary according to the profile of the candidate.
- What are the rewards and benefits obtained from Rajasthan scholarships?
The social welfare department of Rajasthan offers two kinds of rewards and benefits to students – one of them is a payment of non-refundable fees to the candidate, and the other is the grant of maintenance fees.
- What are the rewards and benefits obtained from Uttarakhand scholarships?
The social welfare department of Uttarakhand offers monthly stipends to all the day scholars, hostel residents, plus maintenance allowances.
- What are the common documents required for these scholarships?
- Caste certificate
- Income certificate
- Domicile certificate
- All certificates pertaining to the current course of study
- ID proof of the candidate
- Bank passbook copy
- Previous qualifying mark sheets
- What is Saksham?
It is the online fee reimbursement and scholarship portal of UP state.
The scholarship queries and doubts shall be addressed by respective state departments at the following numbers:
State welfare department of UP: 1800 – 180- 5131
State welfare department of Rajasthan: 1800 – 180 – 6127
State welfare department of Uttarakhand: 1800- 180- 4236