The Vidya Samunnathi scholarship scheme is a unique offer from the state of Kerala. Usually, state governments offer scholarships to backward classes of society. For a change, the Kerala government is offering schemes for the upper and forward classes of society, but those that are economically not so privileged. These scholarships are offered to students from high school till post-graduation level.
The details of the application are an entirely online procedure. KSWCFC, an entity belonging to the Kerala government, is a primary promoter of education and loans for the forward classes of the state. It has been offering loans and facilities, educational schemes, funds amongst other financial aids for the poorer sections amongst the upper classes of Kerala.
In this article, we talk about Samunnathi merit scholarships in detail, including the important dates, eligibility criteria, the application process, rewards and benefits amongst other details are explained in separate sections. The official website of this scholarship is www.kswcfc.org.
Vidya Samunnathi Scholarship 2020 – Overview
|Provided by||Kerala State Welfare Corporation for Forward Communities Limited|
|Scholarship Name||Vidya Samunnathi Scholarship|
Samunnathi Scholarship – Key Dates
The most important dates with respect to Samunnathi scholarships are listed below, please take a look:
|Official commencement of application process||November 2020|
|Deadline to submit applications.||Mid of December 2020|
Samunnathi Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
All candidates desirous of applying for Samunnathi scholarships have to follow certain eligibility conditions, failing which; they will be disqualified from the process. The list of conditions is given below:
- Annual family income of candidate to be less than INR 2 lakhs
- This scholarship is meant for the upper classes or forward communities. Hence only non-reserved categories shall apply.
- Candidate must be a domicile of Kerala.
- Candidate must have a valid bank account in a nationalized bank in his name.
- Candidates who have already applied for Samunnathi scholarships in the previous year shall not repeat the process this year too.
- Candidate should select a coaching center of his choice to apply for scholarships.
Samunnathi Scholarship Application Procedure – How to Apply?
Candidates who qualify the eligibility conditions can go ahead and apply for the application. The detailed procedure is explained below:
- Visit the online portal of Samunnathi scholarships – https://www.kswcfc.org/index.php/homepage
- In the left side panel, click on ‘Live schemes’.
- Next click on “Apply online for KSWCFC scholarships”.
- Before moving to the next sections, ensure you read through all the guidelines presented.
New users and existing users have to read through the following points carefully before applying to this scholarship. First, we talk about new users:
- New users should click on the tab indicating “Data bank registration”.
- Provide correct mobile number and e-mail id of the candidate to complete the formal registration process.
- In the next step, click on the ‘Register’ button to complete the formal registration process on the portal.
For all existing users,
- Login with correct credentials – login ID and password details.
- Go to the Vidya Samunnathi scholarship application form 2020 and fill in all details correctly.
- After entering details, upload all necessary documents in the appropriate space.
- Submit the application form along with documents.
- Download the submitted form and take a hard copy print out of the same for future references.
Documents Required For Samunnathi Scholarship
The Vidya Samunnathi scholarship scheme requires submission of following documents for the application to be processed further. Here’s the list:
- Bonafide letter from student’s educational institution
- Income certificate
- Class 10 marks card and certificate
- Bank passbook first page
- Aadhaar Card of student
- ID card issued by the educational institution
- Proof of residence of the candidate
Samunnathi Scholarship – Rewards & Benefits
According to the course pursued by the candidate, the suitable rewards and benefits shall be provided. Here’s the list:
|Course pursued by the candidate||Rewards|
|High school level||INR 2000|
|Higher secondary education||INR 3000|
|Graduation in non-professional courses||INR 5000|
|Diploma or certificate courses||INR 6000|
|Post-graduation in non-professional courses||INR 6000|
|Graduation in professional courses||INR 7000|
|Post-graduation in professional courses||INR 8000|
|National institute enrolled candidates||INR 50000|
Coaching assistance offered by Samunnathi scholarships
Candidates who are going to appear for different competitive exams across the country also avail coaching at various institutes. Samunnathi offers scholarships to these candidates as well. The list of competitive exams includes civil service exam training/ Bank or PSC coaching, engineering and medical entrance exam coaching etc.
- For candidates pursuing higher secondary or completed higher secondary, they will be awarded INR 10,000 towards coaching fees. They can also apply for medical and engineering exam coaching.
- For other competitive exams like Bank PSC and civil service exams, coaching fees of INR 6000 shall be offered.
- An exclusive offer for candidates appearing for civil services prelims and mains exams is also given. For prelims, INR 15000 shall be provided. For the mains, INR 25,000 shall be given out.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the courses for which the Samunnathi scholarship is offered?
Samunnathi scholarships are offered from high school level till PhD. Apart from this, it also covers coaching fees for UPSC/Bank exams/ Medical and entrance exams.
- How do students check the results of their application for the scholarship?
In the official portal, the list of Samunnathi scholarship for various courses shall be displayed. You can scroll down to the beneficiary list. Enter your application number and name and check for the result.
- Who is offering the Samunnathi scholarships?
Samunnathi scholarships are offered by KSWCFC – Kerala State Welfare Corporation for forward communities.
- What is the deadline to apply for Samunnathi scholarships?
Usually the mid of December is considered the last date to apply for this scholarship.
- Can other state candidates also benefit from Samunnathi scholarships?
No. Only Kerala state candidates can apply for this scheme.
The following are the contact details which candidates need to note down carefully.
Address: The General Manager, Kerala State Welfare Corporation for forward communities’ Pvt ltd, Jawahar Nagar, Kawdiar Post, L-2 Kaleena, Trivandrum- 690503
Contact number: 0471-2311215
E-mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org