Sanskrit Scholarship 2021: The Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan, which is a government deemed university located in Delhi, offers the prestigious Sanskrit scholarship for the promotion of the language. Sanskrit is an ancient language in India. Most of the Hindu scriptures, religious texts, hymns, and sacred texts are written in the Sanskrit language. Our ancestors were well versed with the language. With the passage of time, the language has almost reached a dwindling stage. Mattur in Karnataka is the only village in India where the language is still alive in the spoken form even today. That accounts for less than 1% of the total population that speaks Sanskrit. Efforts have been taken from time to time by the Indian government to establish institutions of excellence for preserving the cultural heritage and rich history of the language. In this regard, the ministry of MHRD offers Merit scholarship in Sanskrit at different levels of education. This article gives detail information about Sanskrit Scholarship 2021 that includes the last date to apply, eligibility, application process, documents required, selection procedure, renewal, rewards and benefits.
Sanskrit Scholarship 2021
|Provided by||Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan (Deemed University)|
|Scholarship Name||Sanskrit Scholarship|
|Last Date of Application||November 30, 2021|
Sanskrit Scholarship 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who are doing regular schooling and interested in learning Sanskrit should apply for Sanskrit scholarship. The types of scholarships and their respective eligibility criteria have been listed below:
|Type of Course||Eligibility Criteria|
|Students of Class 9 and 10 or Purva-Madhyama or equivalent studying Sanskrit/Pali/Prakrit as a paper of at least 100 marks|
|Students of Class 11 and 12 or Uttar-Madhyama/Prakshastri or equivalent studying Sanskrit/Pali/Prakrit as a paper of at least 100 marks|
|Students pursuing graduation/Shastri or equivalent with Sanskrit/Pali/Prakrit as a subject of at least 100 marks|
|Students pursuing MA in Sanskrit/Pali/Prakrit or Acharya or equivalent postgraduate degree|
|Students studying Vidyavaridhi or Ph.D. in Sanskrit/ Pali/ Prakrit|
Apart from the specific eligibility criteria quoted above, there are some general conditions to be followed by candidates; they are provided below:
- Minimum marks to be scored by candidates belonging to different categories are: For OBC – 55%, For SC/ST and physically handicapped – 50% only.
- For economically weaker classes, no relaxation in minimum marks is granted.
Sanskrit Scholarship 2021 Application Process
The application process followed for Sanskrit scholarship is quite different from other scholarships. Here, the educational institution should have its profile registered online on the official Sanskrit scholarship portal before candidates begin their application process. The same has been explained step-wise in more detail below:
- Go to the official website of Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan Scholarship – [sanskrit.nic.in]
- Before beginning the application process, candidates need to get acquainted with the information brochure provided by the organization. Hence, carefully read the guidelines and understand them.
- The educational institutions should first register themselves on the portal. Click on the appropriate link and submit a registration form.
- Details of the educational institution shall be verified by Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan, the Sanskrit scholarship provider, under MHRD within a week of registration.
- For any discrepancy in the entered registration details of the institution, details can be edited or modified as per stipulations. Click on the link to do the needful before the deadline.
- Once the profile of educational institution is registered, candidates can check for the same in their application form drop-down menu.
- IF their institution is successfully registered, it shall appear in the list. The educational institution shall also receive a confirmation message on its official e-mail ID.
- IF an educational institution is not registered successfully, then candidates may consult the head of the institution in such matters.
- Candidates of successfully registered institutions can login to the official portal, enter all details in the application form, upload documents, and submit the application form.
Sanskrit Scholarship – Key Documents
No official documents need to be sent through ONLINE means or OFFLINE method via post. ONLY APPLICATION NEEDS TO BE SENT EXCLUSIVELY ON THE OFFICIAL PORTAL. However, the Sansthan places the need to send certain proforma for fulfilling conditions along with the application form in the ONLINE mode only. These are:
- Proforma citing that a candidate is currently pursuing a course in Sanskrit / Pali or Prakrit languages.
- Proforma citing that a candidate is not receiving any other similar scholarship while having applied for this scholarship.
- Proforma citing that a candidate is not working or employees in any organization currently when applying for this scholarship.
- Undertaking that in case a candidate finds suitable employment or gets an offer from another scholarship, he/she shall inform the organization immediately about it.
Sanskrit Scholarship Rewards
The rewards and benefits offered by the Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan as part of Sanskrit scholarships are tabulated below:
|Type of Course||Scholarship Amount|
|Students of Class 9 and 10 or Purva-Madhyama or equivalent studying Sanskrit/Pali/Prakrit as a paper of at least 100 marks||INR 250 per month for 10 months|
|Students of Class 11 and 12 or Uttar-Madhyama/Prakshastri or equivalent studying Sanskrit/Pali/Prakrit as a paper of at least 100 marks||INR 300 per month for 10 months|
|Students pursuing graduation/Shastri or equivalent with Sanskrit/Pali/Prakrit as a subject of at least 100 marks||INR 400 per month for 10 months|
|Students pursuing MA in Sanskrit/Pali/Prakrit or Acharya or equivalent postgraduate degree||INR 500 per month for 10 months|
|Students studying Vidyavaridhi or Ph.D. in Sanskrit/ Pali/ Prakrit|
Sanskrit Scholarship 2021 – FAQ’s
1. I belong to SC category. Can I avail concession in marks requirement by providing a caste certificate of my parents?
Answer: No. Candidates can avail relaxation in marks for OBC/SC/ST and physically handicapped categories. But they have to provide their own caste certificate. The caste certificate of parents shall not be entertained.
2. How can the economically weaker classes avail benefits of their reservation, what documents need to be produced?
Answer: Candidates have to produce a valid Income and assets certificate to avail benefits of reservation.
3. What is the selection process followed by the organization for the award of scholarship?
Answer: The GIAC council shall look into the shortlisted applications of the selection committee. Candidates shall be assessed based on their overall grade and percentage and their marks/grades in Sanskrit subject. For candidates doing courses in traditional Sanskrit courses, only those marks shall be exclusively considered for candidate assessment. The marks obtained by candidates in their previous classes shall also be considered as a part of the candidate assessment.
4. IS the scholarship renewed automatically?
Answer: Sanskrit scholarships are awarded only for one year [10 months]. After that, candidates have to compulsorily submit a fresh renewal application form for continuing scholarship to the next year of study.
5. How do selected candidates receive a scholarship amount?
Answer: Scholarship amount shall be provided to selected candidates via E-transfer or NEFT or PFMS. In any case, the payment details shall be written out in a mail directed to the respective educational institution of the candidate.
The Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan can be contacted at the below mentioned details:
Address: No. 56-57, Institutional Area, Janakpuri, New Delhi – 110058
Helpline Number: 011-28520979
E-mail: [email protected]