Santoor Scholarship 2021: ‘Women Empowerment” is the talk of the town. Women today have not only made a mark in traditional fields but emerged successful in non-conventional, male-dominated bastions too. The inspiration behind women achieving and pursuing their dreams can be credited to a large extent to welfare schemes and programs that are women-oriented and support them to rise above their abilities. Santoor Scholarship is one such scheme that helps the women folk realize their dreams and help them financially to pursue courses of their choice. Financial support building goes a long way in assisting ladies to achieve excellence, and Wipro Consumer Care provides this scholarship, and Wipro Cares to around 900 girls. This scholarship is mainly provided to the economically downtrodden female population of Karnataka, Telangana and Andhra Pradesh regions. This article provides detail information about Santoor Scholarship 2021 that includes the last date to apply, eligibility criteria, online application process, documents required, selection list, renewal process, rewards, result and the application status of the scholarship.
Santoor Scholarship 2021 Highlights
|Provided by||Wipro Consumer Care|
|Scholarship Name||Santoor Scholarship|
|Eligible Standards||Girl students of Karnataka, Telangana and Andhra Pradesh who have passed 12th standard.|
|Scholarship Amount||24,000 INR|
|Last Date of Application||August 15, 2021|
Santoor Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
This scholarship is mainly meant for the economically lower sections of girls who are residing in the states of Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, and Telangana. All those candidates who have successfully passed the 12th standard and are further willing to do their graduation courses may seek to apply for this scholarship.
- Applicable only to girl students.
- Candidates must pursue further studies after 12th in streams pertaining to Arts/science/ humanities streams.
- Candidates belonging to weaker sections of the economy may only apply.
- Domicile of the candidate must be Karnataka/ Andhra Pradesh/ Telangana only.
- Matriculation should have been passed from local government schools only.
- Candidate should have successfully cleared his 12th standard or pre-university education from government or junior grade colleges.
- Candidates pursuing/ enrolled for further graduation in regular college only should apply.
- Regular degree courses of a minimum of 3 years are only eligible.
- Open education courses/ distance learning and other modes of learning not acceptable.
- Higher preference shall be given to regions where economically lower-class population groups are concentrated.
Santoor Scholarship Application Process
This scholarship scheme follows a unique pattern of application form filling and submission process. Below we have provided step by step Santoor scholarship 2021 application form process in detail:
- Go to the official website of Santoor scholarship – [santoorscholarships.com]
- An instruction/information brochure for interested candidates is given in detail. Candidates have to refer to this document in detail before actually applying.
- Click on the apply ONLINE tab.
- Candidates can register through their e-mail ID or optionally through their Gmail/ Facebook accounts.
- After the registration step, candidates can login into the website using their registered credentials.
- Fill up the necessary details in the application form.
- In the next step, candidates have to explain within 600 words, a write up on why exactly they are applying to this scholarship.
- Candidates need to upload a passport-sized scanned photo in the relevant specification. The first page of the candidate’s passbook needs to be uploaded too. It is required that the candidate contain the bank account in her name. All banks except for rural or Gramin banks shall be acceptable.
- Submit the application form.
- Also, post the hard copy of the application form along with relevant documents to the official scholarship provider address.
Documents Required for Santoor Scholarship
Along with the application, every candidate has to provide these documents to support her candidature so that they get selected for this scholarship scheme successfully. List of documents are:
- Recent passport size colour photo of the candidate.
- The first page of the bank passbook where the candidate holds an account at.
- Aadhaar card of the candidate.
- 10th standard mark sheets.
- 12th standard mark sheets.
- Domicile certificate
- Income certificate of parents
- Caste certificate
Please Note: Candidates have to mail the hard copies of documents to the address mentioned below:
Wipro Cares – Santoor scholarship, Doddakannelli, Sarjapur Road, Bangalore- 560 035, Karnataka
Santoor Scholarship Rewards
Santoor scholarship offer an annual grant for eligible candidates till the completion of their course. The details are explained below:
- Every year, the Santoor scholarship scheme selects 900 candidates to offer its lucrative scholarship.
- Every year, a selected candidate gets INR 24,000 until the completion of her course.
- The benefit of utilizing this scholarship amount is left to the privilege of the candidate. Candidate can use it to pay his admission fee/ tuition fee or other expenses related to his educational course.
Santoor Scholarship – Important Instructions
Candidates are requested to read all the important instructions before applying:
- Those candidates who do not meet the minimum eligibility criteria are discouraged from applying, should their application be cancelled on the grounds of disqualification.
- Wipro Cares is the entity that is wholly responsible for making a decision with respect to this scholarship. Any decision taken by this entity to withdraw the offer/ modify or reject shall be abided without leaving any grounds for enquiries.
- Mere application submission does not guarantee a scholarship offer to any student.
- Every candidate needs to follow the rules for application submission failing, which will lead to disqualification without further notice.
Santoor Scholarship Result
A unique 5 step process is followed for the screening of candidates, and those who are successful at all levels shall be declared eligible for the scholarship at the end. Their names shall be displayed in the results list. Important points in this regard are:
- First Step – Application screening wherein candidates’ applications shall be verified and filtered based on basic eligibility criteria.
- Second Step – Selection based on the 600 words write up explaining the reason why they need the scholarship.
- Third Step – Verifying and validating documents for establishing the authenticity of the candidate’s application.
- Fourth Step – Interviewing the candidates and conducting a personality test round.
- Keeping all these points intact, the fifth round selects the final list of shortlisted candidates by giving credit to the merit and academic credentials of the candidate.
Santoor Scholarship 2021 – FAQ’s
1. Explain the role of Wipro Cares in granting this scholarship.
Answer: Wipro Consumer Care and Wipro cares have together formed a combinational entity to grant scholarships to deserving female students who have completed their 12th and aim to pursue higher studies from the regions of Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, and Telangana. IT was started in the year 2016-2017
2. Can candidates who do not have accounts in nationalized banks apply for this scholarship?
Answer: Yes, candidates who do not hold accounts in nationalized banks can also apply. Only Rural or Grameena banks are not considered for disbursal of scholarships.
3. How many scholarships are awarded annually?
Answer: Around 900 scholarships are awarded to meritorious girls every year.
4. Can students pursue CA practice/ management studies apply for this scholarship?
Answer: Candidates pursuing studies in Liberal Arts/ Humanities and science can apply for these scholarships.
5. What is the scholarship amount granted in this scheme?
Answer: INR 24,000 every year is the annual grant offered to every candidate until she completes the course of her studies.
Address: Stellar IT Park, Tower – 1, Ground floor, Office no. 8, 9 and 10, C-25, Sector -62, Noida – 201301, India
Contact Number: 0120-6834200