Savitribai Phule Scholarship 2022: The need of the hour is to empower women and help them lead enriching lives on par with men. Under the lens of the Social Justice and Special Assistance Department, Maharashtra’s government has created the Savitribai Phule Shishyavrutti exclusively for SC/VJNT and SBC girls of Maharashtra. Girls belonging to the above-cited categories and studying in class from 5th to 10th can apply for these scholarships. This article gives detailed information about Savitribai Phule Scholarship 2022, including the last date to apply, eligibility criteria, application form process, documents required, selection procedure, renewal, rewards, and more.
Savitribai Phule Scholarship 2022
|Provided by||Social Justice and Special Assistance Department|
|Scholarship Name||KrantiJyoti Savitribai Phule Scholarship|
|Eligible Standards||SC/VJNT and SBC girls of Maharashtra|
|Application Mode||Online and Offline|
|Last Date of Application||December 31, 2022|
Eligibility for Savitribai Phule Scholarship 2022
Girls who identify themselves as belonging to SC/SBC and VJNT categories, studying from 5th to 10th standard, should apply for the Savitribai Phule scholarship. They should reap maximum benefits to achieve higher education and strive for excellence in their chosen areas. Yet, there are certain conditions that candidates need to be acquainted with applying for these scholarships; they are discussed below:
- Only female candidates can apply. Male candidates cannot apply.
- Candidates belonging to categories other than SC/VJNT and SBC cannot apply.
- Candidates studying below 5th standard and above 10th standard are not eligible to apply.
- Candidates must maintain an excellent academic record with very good scores.
- Attendance at schools should be commendable.
- Candidates must fall in the low-income bracket to apply.
How to Apply for Savitribai Phule Scholarship 2022?
The Aaple Sarkar DBT portal is a highly useful portal maintained by the government of Maharashtra. It manages many useful schemes and welfare programs for providing educational incentives. In this regard, candidates can apply to the Savitribai Phule scholarship through ONLINE and OFFLINE means. The central point of reference is the Aaple Sarkar DBT portal. But the approach students follow can be different. For online applications, the Aadhaar number linkage to the portal is essential. Without these criteria, candidates can approach their schools to apply on their behalf.
Online Application Form Procedure
- Visit the official web portal of Aaple Sarkar DBT portal – [mahadbtmahait.gov.in]
- Go to the section containing ‘Pre-Matric Scholarships.’ Look out for the ‘Savitribai Phule Scholarship’, and click on ‘Apply’.
- Register as a new user.
- Enter Aadhaar number to perform authentication through validation of the OTP number.
- As a new applicant, you need to create an applicant ID and password to log into the portal.
- Candidates need to re-login with newly created credentials to complete the registration process.
- Go to the scholarship application form.
- Enter all your details correctly.
- Upload all relevant documents along with the application form.
- Check for the correctness of all data entered.
- Submit the application form.
Offline Application Form Procedure
- Approach the respective school to apply for the Savitribai Phule Scholarship.
- Meet the Principal/ Head of the institution in this regard to apply.
- Candidates will be shortlisted based on merit criteria for applying to this scholarship.
- The head of an institution may then draft an application letter containing names willing to apply for the scholarship.
- Forward this letter manually by post to the Assistant Commissioner of the social welfare department of the district where the school is located.
Documents Required for Savitribai Phule Scholarship
Whether ONLINE or OFFLINE process, every candidate needs to send a list of documents and his application form for proof of data entered in the form. Without attaching relevant documents, candidate profiles’ will not be allowed to be scrutinised further. Here is the checklist of documents:
- Caste certificate
- Income certificate
- Attested copies of mark sheets. [mark sheets of the last written exam]
- Attested copy of Aadhaar card, bank passbook and domicile certificate
- Age proof [ to validate student is studying between 5th to 10th std only]
- Birth certificate
- Bonafide letter from the head of the institution
- Recent passport size photo
- Address proof or proof of residence
Savitribai Phule Scholarship Selection Process
Merit and income of parents are the top priorities in selecting candidates for scholarships. The higher the merit, the higher the chances of scholarship allocation, and higher parents’ income lowers the chances of getting a scholarship. Here is a brief-up on the steps of selection:
The Assistant Commissioner of the Social Welfare Department and his team are directly responsible for selecting students.
- An initial list is prepared based on merit credentials.
- Another list containing income specifications is prepared.
- Candidates are selected by referring to both lists.
- This list is then sent to the assistant commissioner for further scrutiny.
- The assistant commissioner prepares the final list of selected candidates.
Savitribai Phule Scholarship Renewal Procedure
To obtain scholarship benefits every year, they need to renew their applications! For this, they need to submit the renewal application and supportive documents. The assistant commissioner shall re-scrutinize applications every year based on the candidate’s academic performance in the previous year. The candidate’s attendance record is also thoroughly checked to facilitate the renewal of scholarships.
Candidates need to identify the last date to submit renewal applications. If the deadline for renewal applications is over, a candidate can apply for the same next year. He faces a loss of scholarship funds for his education for the current year. The assistant commissioner needs to be contacted in such cases.
Savitribai Phule Scholarship Rewards
The benefits offered by the government of Maharashtra for the Savitribai Phule scholarship is on par with the level of education concerned. This scholarship is relevant for school level education, so the rewards are suitably offered:
- For girls studying from 8th to 10th – INR 100 per month for 10 months.
- For girls studying in 5th to 7th – INR 60 per month for 10 months.
The system allows DBT or Direct Benefit Transfer of scholarship funds for the beneficiary’s account.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can candidates from all states apply for Savitribai Phule Shishyavrutti Yojana?
Answer: No. Only Maharashtra domiciled candidates can apply.
2. What is the last date to submit applications?
Answer: The last week of December is the final deadline.
3. What is the application fee to apply for this scholarship?
Answer: There is ‘NO’ application fee for applying to this scholarship.
4. What are the categories that can apply?
Answer: SC/VJNT and SBC category girls can apply.
5. Do candidates have the option of editing their applications during the renewal process?
Answer: Yes, details can be updated/ modified in renewal applications.
This scholarship is a boon for girls to complete their education till matriculation. In case of any related queries, contact details are provided below:
Helpline Numbers – 022-22025251/ 22843665/ 220231652
E-mail – [email protected]
Address – Social Justice and Special Assistance Department, Annex building, 1st floor, Mantralaya, Hutatma Raj guru Chowk, Nariman point, Mumbai – 400 032