The need of the hour is to empower women and help them lead enriching lives on par with men. Today, men and women have treated equals in a globally centered economy that drives more on talent and discriminates less on the grounds of male/female differences. That being said, the Maharashtra government understands the need to educate women.
This is especially true for girls from lower-income groups so that they lead independent lives. The government of Maharashtra under the lens of social justice and special assistance department has created the Savitribai Phule scholarship exclusively for SC/VJNT and SBC girls of Maharashtra (Scheduled castes/ Vimukta Jati and nomadic tribes / special backward classes).
Girls belonging to the above-cited categories and studying in class 5th to 10th can apply for these scholarships. This article provides complete details about the Savitribai Phule scholarship with regard to the important dates to apply, eligibility conditions, and application process, documentation needed to support application process, the process of selection, renewal prospects, and benefits of this scholarship, important FAQs and contact details. Let us go in-depth with each section and try to understand more about this scholarship.
Savitribai Phule Scholarship 2020 – Overview
|Provided by||Social Justice and Special Assistance Department of Government of Maharashtra|
|Scholarship Name||Savitribai Phule Scholarship|
|Eligible Standards||SC/VJNT and SBC girls of Maharashtra|
|Application Mode||Online and Offline|
Learn about NSP Portal
Savitribai Phule Scholarship – Last Dates to Apply?
The social justice and special assistance department of the Maharashtra government handle the complete profile of Savitribai Phule scholarships. It usually terms the last week of December to be the final deadline to submit completed applications for this scholarship.
Savitribai Phule Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
Girls who identify themselves as belonging to SC/SBC and VJNT categories, studying from 5th to 10th standard, should apply for Savitribai Phule scholarships. They should reap maximum benefits to achieve higher in the field of education and strive for excellence in their chosen areas. Yet, there are certain conditions that candidates need to be acquainted with applying for these scholarships; they are discussed below:
- Only female candidates can apply. Male candidates cannot apply.
- Candidates belonging to categories other than SC/VJNT and SBC cannot apply.
- Candidates studying below 5th standard and above 10th standard are not eligible to apply.
- Candidates must maintain an excellent academic record with very good scores.
- Attendance at schools should be commendable.
- Candidates must fall in the low-income bracket to apply.
Savitribai Phule Scholarship Application Process – How to Apply?
The Aaple Sarkar DBT portal is a highly useful portal maintained by the government of Maharashtra. It manages many useful schemes and welfare programs for providing educational incentives. In this regard, candidates can apply to the Savitribai Phule scholarship through ONLINE and OFFLINE means.
The central point of reference is the Aaple Sarkar DBT portal. But the approach students follow can be different. For online applications, Aadhaar number linkage to the portal is essential. In the absence of these criteria, candidates can approach their schools to apply on their behalf. Let’s discuss more this in detail, in the following subsections:
- Visit the official web portal of Aaple Sarkar DBT portal – http://mahadbtmahait.gov.in
- Go to the section containing ‘Pre matric scholarships.’ Look out for the ‘Savitribai Phule scholarship’.
- Click on ‘Apply for Savitribai Phule scholarship’.
- Register as a new user.
- Enter Aadhaar number, perform authentication through validation of the OTP number.
- As a new applicant, you need to create an applicant ID and password to log into the portal.
- To complete the registration process, candidates need to re-login with newly created credentials.
- Go to the scholarship application form.
- Enter all your details correctly.
- Upload all relevant documents along with the application form.
- Check for the correctness of all data entered.
- Submit the application form.
- Approach the respective school with an application to apply for the Savitribai Phule scholarship.
- Meet the Principal/ Head of the institution in this regard to apply.
- Based on merit criteria, candidates will be shortlisted for applying to this scholarship.
- The head of an institution may then draft an application letter containing names willing to apply for the scholarship.
- Forward this letter manually by post to the Assistant Commissioner of the social welfare department of the district where the school is located.
Apply For Digital Gujarat Scholarship Now!
Whether online or offline process, every candidate needs to send a list to documents along with his application form for proof of data entered in the form. Without attaching relevant documents, candidate profiles’ will not be allowed to be scrutinized further. Here is the checklist of documents:
- Caste certificate
- Income certificate
- Attested copies of mark sheets. [ mark sheets of the last written exam]
- Attested copy of Aadhaar card
- Attested copy of bank passbook
- Attested copy of domicile certificate of the candidate
- Age proof [ to validate student is studying between 5th to 10th std only]
- Birth certificate
- Bonafide letter from the head of the institution
- Recent passport size photo
- Address proof or proof of residence
Savitribai Phule Scholarship – Selection Procedure
Merit and income of parents are the top priorities in selecting candidates for scholarships. Higher the merit, the higher the chances of scholarship allocation. Higher the parents’ income, lower the chances of getting a scholarship. Here is a brief-up on the steps of selection:
- The assistant commissioner of the social welfare department and his team are directly responsible for selecting students.
- An initial list is prepared based on merit credentials.
- Another list containing income specifications is prepared.
- Candidates are selected by referring to both lists.
- This list is then sent to the assistant commissioner for further scrutiny.
- The assistant commissioner prepares the final list of selected candidates.
Savitribai Phule Scholarship Renewal Process
For students to obtain scholarship benefits every year, they need to renew their applications! For this, they need to submit the renewal application along with supportive documents. The assistant commissioner shall re-scrutinize applications every year based on the academic performance of the candidate in the previous year. The attendance record of the candidate is also thoroughly checked in order to facilitate the renewal of scholarships.
Candidates need to identify the last date to submit renewal applications. If the deadline for renewal applications is over, then a candidate can apply for the same in the next year. For the current year, he faces a loss of scholarship funds for his education. The assistant commissioner needs to be contacted in such cases.
Savitribai Phule Scholarship – Rewards & Benefits
The benefits offered by the government of Maharashtra for Savitribai Phule scholarship is on par with the level of education concerned. This scholarship is relevant for school level education, so the rewards are suitably offered:
- For girls studying in classes 8th to 10th – INR 100 per month for a period of 10 months.
- For girls studying in classes 5th to 7th – INR 60 per month for a period of 10 months.
The system allows DBT or direct benefit transfer of scholarship funds for the beneficiary’s account.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can candidates from all states apply for Savitribai Phule scholarships?
No. Only Maharashtra domiciled candidates can apply.
- What is the last date to submit applications?
The last week of December is the final deadline.
- What is the application fee to apply for a scholarship?
There is no application fee for applying to this scholarship.
- What are the categories that can apply?
SC/VJNT and SBC category girls can apply.
- Do candidates have the option of editing their applications during the renewal process?
Yes, details can be updated/ modified in renewal applications.
This scholarship is a boon for girls to complete their education till matriculation. In case of any related queries, contact details are provided below:
Contact number – 022-22025251/ 22843665/ 220231652
E-mail address – email@example.com
Address – Social Justice and Special Assistance Department, Annex building, 1st floor, Mantralaya, Hutatma Raj guru Chowk, Nariman point, Mumbai – 400 032