The SBI Foundation presents the Youth for India fellowship to provide a golden opportunity for India’s youth. It’s a unique 13-month program that offers the younger generation to work on projects associated with rural development.
They get to collaborate with NGOs tied up with the SBI foundation and deliver the fellowship program based on their guidelines. Candidates get to work in diverse rural projects and empower the rural population in many ways.
Candidates get a taste of real-life struggles faced by rural communities in day-to-day lives. They get to work closely with rural people, understand their problems at the grassroots level and work on solutions that will create better living conditions.
This fellowship began in the year 2011. In this article, we shall read about SBI Youth for India fellowship program and its many details. We shall cover the critical dates of the fellowship, eligibility criteria, application procedure, documentation process, selection criteria, renewal process, many rewards and benefits offered by this program, essential terms and conditions, results of application procedure and FAQ’s.
SBI Youth for India Fellowship 2020 – Overview
|Fellowship Provider||SBI Foundation|
|Fellowship Name||SBI Youth for India Fellowship|
SBI Youth for India Fellowship – Key Dates
The notification for applying to SBI Youth for India Fellowship is usually published between January to March every year.
The deadline for submitting applications for the current year 2020 is already closed. May 18th 2020 was the last date to submit completed applications.
Online assessment tests need to be completed and submitted by June 1st, 2020.
Applicants can expect intimation on further rounds of selection and call for a personal interview in June 2020.
SBI Youth Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
Following are the eligibility criteria to apply for SBI Youth for India Fellowship
- All candidates must be in the age group of 21 to 32 years only. Candidate’s age shall be taken into consideration before his application to this program.
- Indian citizens can apply.
- Foreign nationals with Indian origin can also apply.
- Candidates should have completed minimum bachelors’ degree to qualify for this fellowship.
SBI Youth Fellowship 2020 Application Process
All candidates willing to apply for SBI Youth for India Fellowship shall follow the guidelines provided below to apply for this fellowship:
- Visit official portal of fellowship: www.youthforindia.org
- Click on the tab indicating ‘Application’.
- Enter the necessary candidate details.
- Enter correct contact information for the teams to contact you for further communication if any.
- Mention your interests and the reason as to why you should be chosen for this fellowship.
- Go through all entered details once again.
- Submit the application form.
Documents Required For SBI Youth Fellowship
There is no official specification regarding the documentation process. However, candidates may need to carry copies of their academic certificates and age/ID proof when attending the personal interview process.
SBI Youth Fellowship Selection Process
The selection procedure for SBI Youth for India Fellowship involves an intensive three-step process. Details of the same are explained below:
First Step – ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS
In the first phase, candidates shall be reviewed based on their applications. The reason behind why the candidate chose to apply for this fellowship shall create a big difference in the selection process.
Second Step – ONLINE TEST
In the second phase, candidates who clear the first round of scrutiny shall be contacted. They would be encouraged to provide more details about themselves. The online test consists of an essay question to evaluate the skills and performance of the applicant.
Third Step – PERSONAL INTERVIEW
All candidates who successfully clear the online test shall be called in for a personality test round. Candidates can select the place of the interview. Selection board shall conduct the meeting and provide exposure to applicants regarding their flagship program.
All candidates who finally clear all rounds of selection shall be intimated shortly through message or e-mail correspondence. An official letter of offer shall be handed over to them through online mode.
SBI Youth Fellowship Renewal Process
There is NO renewal process of SBI Youth for India Fellowship. The program is a 13-month long program. The alumni of this fellowship shall be called many times in future after program completion too.
They may find lucrative opportunities in diverse fields like rural development areas and entrepreneurship roles.
SBI Youth Fellowship 2020 – Rewards and Benefits
Following rewards are offered as part of SBI Youth for India Fellowship for selected candidates:
- INR 15000 per month to cover living costs during the fellowship tenure.
- INR 1000 per month is provided as transportation charges.
- INR 50,000 is provided to each candidate as “Readjustment Costs” after the candidate completes his fellowship program.
- Travelling cost [3AC train charges] from your hometown to the project site.
- Travelling costs during the fellowship on account of attending various training programs and meets.
- Medical Insurance Policy in the candidate’s name.
- NGOs partnering with SBI Youth for India shall take care of accommodation and other necessities of the selected fellows in respective regions.
SBI Youth Fellowship – Terms and Conditions
Following are the list of terms and conditions to be complied by candidates willing to apply for the program:
- The program tenure is 13-month long. It is not extendable under any circumstances by SBI.
- Young professionals who wish to work in rural sectors can apply.
- The age group for application is 21 to 32 years only.
- Candidates must possess exceptional leadership abilities and demonstrate excellent communication skills.
- Candidates should be proactive and willing to work in remote locations of India’s villages.
- This fellowship is a continual process of interaction with rural communities. Applicants who are people-centric, interactive by nature, love to work in rural development sectors should choose to apply.
- Life in rural areas is very challenging. Candidates who wish to serve the fellowship tenure at such project locations shall go ahead and apply.
- There is no job offer from SBI after completion of the fellowship program.
- An online forum shall be engaged to stay in the loop continuously for interaction with selected applicants.
- Candidates need to be present on the project location to work on their fellowship activity. Work from home or part-time work considerations shall not be entertained. This is an exclusive full-time program.
- In the online assessment test, essay questions need to be completed within the duration of 1 hour.
- Two fellows shall be posted on the same location of the project.
SBI Youth Fellowship – Results
- Results shall be intimated to selected candidates at various phases of the application process. All candidates are therefore requested to provide correct contact information without fail. Results shall be provided to students at three crucial steps:
- Application scrutiny stage- After reviewing applications, selected candidates shall be informed.
- Online test- results of the online test shall be provided to the candidate through details he has provided in his application form.
- Personality interview – the Selection board team, shall communicate final results over SMS or e-mail correspondences.
SBI Youth for India Fellowship – Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the Youth for India fellowship?
SBI Youth for Indian fellowship program by SBI as part of its various CSIR initiatives. It is a 13-month extended program offering opportunities for youth to work in rural development projects.
2. What is the experience needed to apply for this fellowship?
No prior experience is required to apply for this fellowship. Graduates in any stream can choose to apply.
3. Can the fellowship tenure be extended in case a candidate does not complete the project?
No. It is not extendable beyond 13 months. Candidates can later partner with NGOs they worked with and contributed to the completion, though not necessary. Future fellows can take up previously worked projects and continue their efforts.
4. What is the role of NGO partnering with SBI foundation?
The NGOs are selected based on the skill sets of candidates. Partnering NGOs shall be allotted to every fellow. They shall take care of accommodation and medical needs of fellows.
5. What is the actual project work offered in this fellowship program?
Fellows get to work on diverse rural development projects. Daily, they shall be conducting constant interactions with rural communities, holding meetings, working with NGOs, rehabilitation measures and taking steps towards sustainable living conditions.
All candidates who wish to know more or need to clarify doubts regarding SBI Youth for India Fellowship can write a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the subject and explaining their message.