Snehapoorvam Scholarship 2021: The state government of Kerala has instituted a unique initiative for its state’s orphaned children. This article gives detailed information about Snehapoorvam Scholarship 2021, including the last date to apply, eligibility criteria, application form process, documents required, selection procedure, rewards, and benefits.
Snehapoorvam Scholarship 2021
- 1 Snehapoorvam Scholarship 2021
|Provided by||State Government of Kerala|
|Scholarship Name||Snehapoorvam Scholarship|
|Eligible Standards||1st standard till degree education|
|Last Date of Application||October 2021 (Tentative)|
Objective of Snehapoorvam Scholarship
Many states have been offering various scholarships to the economically challenged and financially underprivileged sections of society. But to cater to the needs of orphaned children is a big challenge in itself. According to estimates, Kerala alone has more than 75000 children in the age group below 18 years who have been deprived of their parents love and care. They are sheltered in more than 1500 child care centres to protect them from external exploitation.
The government has taken serious steps to implement schemes to take care of their basic needs in education and make them sustainable amongst the normal society. The Social Security Mission initiated by the Snehapoorvam scheme of the Kerala government has brought in much needed scholarship for orphans.
Snehapoorvam Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Snehapoorvam scholarship is not just an educational initiative, but an orphan-centric caring scholarship. Hence the conditions required for children to fulfill are quite different and stated below:
- Children can be enrolled from 1st standard till degree education.
- Children below five years of age can be enrolled under this scheme.
- Children, who are declared as orphans without parents or guardians to care for them, can be enrolled.
- Candidate should belong to BPL category.
- For candidates belonging to APL category, annual family income to be less than INR 20,000 [rural regions] and INR 22,375 [for urban areas].
Key Dates of Snehapoorvam Scholarship 2021
The Social Security Mission announces the important dates to be followed to enrol students into this scheme. Any candidate not abiding by the dates shall miss a golden opportunity to receive benefits from it. Deadlines and dates are to be followed without fail.
|Formal beginning of the application process||June 2021|
|Last Date of Application Submission||October 2021|
Snehapoorvam Scholarship Application Process
The Snehapoorvam scholarship extends its facilities with both ONLINE and OFFLINE application processes. To reach out to a wide population base, the state government has resorted to use both application methods. Here, we present the online method first, followed by the offline procedure.
Online Snehapoorvam Application Form Procedure
- Visit the official website of Snehapoorvam Scholarship – socialsecuritymission.gov.in
- Click on “Web Application” tab.
- Candidate will be redirected to a login page.
- Click on the relevant tab indicating beneficiary or institution login.
- Enter the correct username and password details. Hit the submit button.
- Next, go to “New Institution registration” and perform the formalities.
- Candidates will be redirected to another page.
- Enter user ID, password and complete the profile page of candidate
- Lastly comes the beneficiary registration process.
- Enter all the details of the beneficiary.
- Submit the correct details entered.
Offline Application Form Procedure
- Visit the head office of government or government aided educational institutions where application forms shall be made available in the specified tenure.
- Fill up the application form and attach hard copies of all documents.
- The officials will verify the application form.
- Post verification, the application form shall be converted into PDF form and submitted through the online portal to the executive director of the Kerala social security mission.
- Applications can also be forwarded via respective welfare centers.
List of Required Documents
Every application needs to be supported by attested documents indicating the candidature and validation of candidature. Without documents, application forms shall not be processed any further. List of documents are:
- Father’s and mother’s death certificates issued by government authorities.
- BPL certificate or BPL ration card.
- Income certificate
- Bank passbook [Nationalised banks only]
- Aadhaar card.
Snehapoorvam Scholarship Rewards
Depending upon the age of the candidate, the specific rewards and benefits awarded to the candidate shall be decided upon. This scholarship is mainly targeted for school children who have unfortunately lost both their parents and need financial assistance to continue their education. The table below explains various rewards offered:
|For students who are below the age group of 5 years||INR 300 per month|
|Children studying in classes 1 to 5||INR 300 per month|
|Children studying in classes 6 to 10||INR 500 per month|
|Students studying in classes 11th and 12th||INR 750 per month|
|Students pursuing graduation or any other recognized vocational courses||INR 1000 per month|
Snehapoorvam Scholarship 2021 – FAQ’s
1. What is the Snehapoorvam Scholarship?
Answer: The government of Kerala offers prestigious scheme to orphaned children to help them pursue basic education, prevent their exploitation and help them integrate themselves with normal mainstream society.
2. What is the official website of this scholarship where candidates need to apply?
Answer: Candidates can visit [socialsecuritymission.gov.in] to apply online for this scholarship.
3. Is it compulsory that children who have lost both parents only can apply?
Answer: Children who have lost either father or mother or both can apply. Such students may also apply who are taken care of by a single parent.
4. IS self attestation justified on the income certificate?
Answer: No. Self attestation is not accepted. Income certificate to be attested by the respective village officer only.
5. What kind of bank account is needed for Snehapoorvam scholarship?
Answer: A joint account in the name of the beneficiary as well as his guardian in any nationalized bank is needed.
For further queries on this scholarship, contact the authorities at the below provided details:
Address: Executive director, Kerala Social Security Mission, Poojapura, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala – 695012
Helpline number: 0471- 2341200
E-mail: [email protected]