Essay on Social Media: A platform with inherent user-friendly features appealing to vast masses of the population is popularly called social media. It’s an online gateway that bridges people together irrespective of their distances. The entire world can be accessed with just a finger touch through social media platforms. Common social media handles like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc., are commonly used by everyone these days.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Essay on Social Media Essay 500 Words in English
We have provided Social Media Essay in English, suitable for class 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 & 10.
Social media is one of the most common words we get across these days. It has somehow become an integral part of our everyday lives. A mixture of two words, “social” referring to exchanging information and data with others and “media” refers to the means of communication, the internet being the most popular nowadays, the social media is something that has influenced almost all today. A social media network is any channel that helps us to connect and socialise locally and internationally. Its other avatars include Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram & WhatsApp, etc.
Advantages of Social Media
It is not about the ill-health impact that social media have had on us. It also has some advantages.
- Availability – Social media’s first and most crucial favourite role is the network. Individuals may identify with anyone from anywhere. The magnificence of social media-based life is that you can connect with others to learn and express your opinions, no matter which religion or region you belong to.
- Education – Social media has a considerable measure of advantages for students and teachers. Teaching from other people who are professionals and experts by way of online life is anything but hard. To learn from him/her, you can follow anyone and develop your insight into any area. You can teach yourself despite your field or background, and that too without charging for it.
- News and Notifications – Social media-based life’s essential favourite point of view is that you refresh yourself from the planet’s current happenings. Television and print media are nowadays more often than not one-sided and do not pass on the actual news. You can get the certitudes and accurate data by doing some research with the aid of web-based life.
- Noble Cause – Similarly, social media may be used for noble reasons. For example, social welfare activities and gifts for the penniless can be promoted using social media to promote an NGO. Individuals use online life for a gift for the destitute, and it can very well be a simple method of encouraging those citizens.
- Brand Promotion – If you are in a disconnected company or online, you can lift your company to the highest gathering of individuals. You have access to the universe as a whole, and you can meet everyone you feel fit to. This makes companies more competitive and sustainable because advertisement and development are the more significant part of the costs incurred in a company.
- Support – To get support and resources, you can communicate your problems through the network. Regardless of whether it is helping in terms of cash or advice, you can get it from the network in which you are linked.
- Awareness – Moreover, social media keep awareness and change the way individuals work. This is the web-based life that has helped individuals discover new, innovative things that can improve their lives. From ranchers to educators, understudies to legal advisors will profit the web-based life and its visibility factor for any citizen in the general public.
Disadvantages of Social Media
- Cyber Bullying – A large number of children are believed to have advanced toward being cyber bullying victims due to the heavy use of social media. As anyone can record a phoney and do something without being pursued, it has turned out to be very easy for someone to threaten on the internet. Dangers, terrorising messages and bits of news may be sent to the majority to make the general population uncomfortable and mayhem.
- Hacking – Personal information and security, so readily accessible on social media sites, can be hacked and shared on the internet without much of a stretch. Many Facebook’s, as well as Twitter accounts, have also been hacked on previous occasions allowing the hacker to post information and data that affected other people’s lives. This is one of the web-based life’s dangerous impediments, and every customer is advised to protect their details and records to avoid these misfortunes.