Essay on Social Networking Sites: Social media offers user-friendly platforms to connect, interact, share happiness and remain updated with our group of friends. Children need to be supervised thoroughly by adults to ensure social networking sites’ right usage. Business people connect with their clients and partners through social networking sites. We should also be careful with cybercrimes, hacking and exploitation.
Essay on Social Networking Sites in 500 Words
We have provided Social Networking Sites Essay in English, suitable for class 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 & 10.
Social networking is one of the simplest means of connecting, exchanging and receiving information. This has evolved tremendously in recent years and continues to expand with every moment. It has been part and parcel of our everyday lives. Any platform that lets us communicate and socialise locally or globally is a social network. Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter, Instagram and WhatsApp are popular social networking sites.
The social impacts of each tool are essential. Likewise, social networking sites are not far away and have a significant influence, both positive and negative, on our society. Moreover, though it may seem weird, social networking sites can also impact people’s health.
Advantages of Social Networking Sites
- One of the most significant and amazing benefits of social networking sites is that it helps you to communicate with people throughout the world.
- We do not need to search for news on different blogs, and news can be found on popular social networking platforms such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Social networking sites are one of the world’s best marketing channels. Social media marketing is the term used on websites or networks such as Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter, YouTube and more for Advertising Technologies.
- Social networks maintain awareness and change the way people work. This is life on the web that helps people to discover new, innovative things that can improve their lives.
- Social networking platforms such as Facebook have features such as group sharing and document sharing. You may create a community with a particular purpose and begin to exchange ideas and knowledge. Social networking sites are immensely useful in collecting feedback and opinions on new concepts.
Disadvantages of Social Networking Sites
- Due to social network sites such as Facebook, Instagram, etc., the compulsive behaviour developed leads to detrimental effect. Chicago University researchers have found that dependency on social networking sites can be higher than cigarettes and drug dependence.
- Social networking sites have been associated with increased risk of problems of mental health such as depression, anxiety and loneliness.
- Across many social networking sites, there are billions of fake profiles on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Within six months, Facebook deletes over three trillion fake accounts and five percent of the monthly active Facebook profiles.
- Fake and misleading news on social media platforms can be viral in no time. More than 80 percent of those who respond to the link do not read the whole article or post on Facebook. That is so many publishers, and spammers are using the sites to exploit the information they exchange.
- Because anyone can access social networking sites to share things, plenty of us use them to convey hatred and violence. The general public is also the victim of cyber bullying.
- Many social networking web users do not learn entirely about the security steps to be taken by using social networking sites. Users on social networking platforms exchange thoughts, personal memories, images etc. These details will help hackers access social media, e-mails, or even their phone to access your accounts.