Sikkim Public Service Commission is also referred to as SPSC who is authorised to recruit the candidates for the various posts in administrative departments of the state of Sikkim. This exam conducts only in Gangtok.
The recruitment of candidates will endow them to take positions like Staff Nurse, Statistical Inspector, Junior Engineer (Civil), General Duty Medical Officer, Principal, Statistical Inspector, Gendering, Head Master & Principal, Cooperative Inspectors and Cooperative Auditors, Head Master & Principal, Prosthetic and Orthotic Engineer, Sub-Inspector, Assistant Geologist, Nepali Translator, Labour Inspector, Veterinary Officer, Junior Engineer (Mechanical), Photographer, Senior Information Assistant, Graduate Teachers (Humanities, Biology & Mathematics), Assistant Geologist, Graduate Teachers and Post Graduate Teachers, Account Officers, Post Graduate Teachers, Photographer, and Senior Information Assistant.
Thus, candidates who are seeking to get posted in the government sectors of Sikkim can make their dream come true by way of this civil service exam going to conduct this year. The fact is to get appointed in the government sector will help you experience the perks like the reputed posts. You will get many benefited which are not provided by the private sector in India. Hence, without any delay, check your eligibilities and apply for the same.
Important dates of Sikkim PSC Exam 2019
|Starting date of “Application process for SPSC”||Will update later|
|Closing date for submission of application form along with self-attested copies of certificates and other docs||Will update later|
|Admit card release date||Will update later|
|Preliminary exam date||Will update later|
|Main exam date||Will update later|
|Interview Dates||Will update later|
|Result of SPSC exam||Will update later|
Sikkim Civil Services Eligibility Criteria
There are some factors of the Sikkim Civil Services Eligibility Criteria which each interested candidates need to fulfil to become eligible to apply for the ‘Sikkim State Civil Services Examination’ 2019:
As per Nationality
- The candidate should be
- Citizen of India or subject to Nepal or Bhutan OR
- Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st of January 1962, with the intention of permanently residing in India
As per Educational Qualification
- The candidates must have obtained the bachelor level or any other equivalent three years’ degree from a recognised institute or university.
- The candidates may have 2 (two) years Secretariat Course or 1 (one) year shorthand course along with at least 6 months basic computer course.
As per Age Limit
The age of the interested candidates should be between 21 years and should not exceed 35 years. Moreover, there will some age relaxation is given by this commission mentioned as follows:
- For the candidates of the SC and ST category, 5 years of age relaxation
- For the candidates of the OBC- Other Backward Class category, 3 years of age relaxation
- For candidates coming in Defense Services Personnel disabled in operations, 3 years of age relaxation
- For Scheduled Caste candidate who has also defence personnel, disabled in operations, 8 years of age relaxation
- For ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers who belong to the SC and who have completed at least five years Military Service, 10 years of age relaxation
- For ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers who have completed at least 5 years Military Service, there will be 5 years of age relaxation
A number of attempts to crack Sikkim PSC Exam
|Category||Number of Attempts|
|General category||4 attempts|
|Other backward Class (OBC)||7 attempts|
|Scheduled caste or scheduled Tribe (ST/SC)||Unlimited attempts|
Sikkim PSC exam 2019 Application form
Filling up the application form once it gets available in the official web portal is the duty of all candidates interested to give this civil service exam. For downloading the Sikkim PSC application form, the candidates need to log in at the official web portal of Sikkim Public service Commission.
Kindly note that gets your login at the official web portal would help you for future transactions like while downloading your admits cards or syllabus or checking out your results, knowing about the important dates, and more.
While filling up the application form, the candidates should be alert and have to read the instruction carefully because for wrong information they will be themselves answerable. Moreover, the details that needs to be written while filing up the application form name, age, community details, and the address, phone number and valid email ID, educational qualifications, etc.
Besides, they will need to upload their scanned signature and passport size photograph. Furthermore, the candidates should pay the application fee mentioned in their application. Else the form will consider incomplete for further processes.
SPSC Admit card 2019
The candidates will get their Preliminary exam e-admit card before 2 weeks. It should be noted that carrying you admit card while stepping into the examination hall is mandatory, otherwise, you will not get permission to sit and attempt your civil service exam.
Thus, make sure to have a hard copy of your admit card before a few days of your exam. The information which has written in your admit card should be like your own. In case you find any mistake, you should rectify it before the exams. The pattern of examination SPSC exam 2019.
This competitive examination will have the following successive stages:
- Preliminary Examinations
- Main Examination (Written)
The Preliminary Examination will have the Single paper of Objective types (Multiple Choice Questions). It will be the first round in your Sikkim Public Service Commission selection process. It will consist of four subjects having multiple choice questions. The fact is this SPSC examination is meant to serve as a screening test only. Only on the basis of this exam, candidates get eligibility for SPSC 2019 Main Examination.
The total will be 300 marks. The subject-wise allocation of marks is mentioned as follows:
- General English: 50 Marks
- General Knowledge: 100 Marks
- Mathematics, Knowledge of Economics, Business Studies, Accounting and Computer Applications: 150 Marks
The Main Examination will be of written examination which will be composed of three Papers of conventional type carrying a total of 600 marks.
- Paper 1: Subject- Current Affairs, Analytical ability & General English: 200 Marks
- Paper 2: Subject- Mathematics & Allied Subjects (Mathematics, Economics, Accounting & Commerce): 200 Marks
- Paper 3: Paper problem-solving One Optional paper: 200 Marks
It should be noted the standard of paper 2 will be of secondary level and the standard of paper 3 will be of graduation level. Hence, prepare accordingly.
Those candidates who would have obtained such minimum qualifying marks in the Main Examination that are fixed by the Commission at their discretion will get a call for an interview. Moreover, marks obtained in this exam will add while determining the final result.
It will be the last round will have 50 marks only but these marks will be added while calculating the final marks along with marks of the Main exam only.
Syllabus for SPSC
The syllabus for this civil service exam has mentioned in the official web portal of Sikkim Public Service Commission. Hence, all the eligible students are recommended to download the syllabus of Sikkim PSC exam 2019 through this portal only.
SPSC Result 2019
The result will be officially announced thru the official website. For checking out the result, candidates need to log in the official web portal of this commission. Moreover, first of all, the candidates will able to get the result of the preliminary examination and those candidates would get a chance to appear for the main examination would have cleared the Prelim exam.
Moreover, only after finishing off the main exam and interview, the final result of the SPSC 2019 main examination and the interview is announced.
How to crack Sikkim PSC exam in your first attempt?
There are many ways to crack this Sikkim civil service exam even in your first attempt. Let’s know the tips that would help you to crack this exam in your first attempt:
- The eligible candidates are requested to create a timetable where they have a schedule of syllabus and duration left for the exam. For this, if your exam will be after 4 months, it means your time table should have complete schedule of 120 days. In brief, you have to complete the entire syllabus within 120 days.
- Don’t forget to take the help of previous year question papers because these will help you to know about the SPSC exam pattern and marks allotted to each question. With this tip, you would able to aware about the level of difficulty.
- Make sure to do the revision. The fact is revision is not only imperative but mandatory and without it you would get confused and unconfident while attempting your exams.
- Make sure to take the help of self-study as much as possible because self-study is the best tactic to complete the entire syllabus within the time.
- Hence, cracking of this Sikkim public service commission exam is a simple task only if you read this article carefully as it has contained all the necessary information required to qualify this exam. Still, you need more information you can send your query in the comment box which will sort out very soon.
May God help you qualifying this exam!