SRMJEEE 2021 Exam Pattern lists the exam details, such as question type, mode, etc. The university conducts the exam via online mode. SRM University administers the SRMJEEE once in a year to provide admission in B.Tech/M. Tech programs in various campuses of SRM University, i.e. Haryana, Delhi NCR, Chennai and AP Amravati campuses. This article furnishes all essential details concerning SRMJEEE Exam Pattern 2021.
SRMJEEE 2021 Exam Pattern
The detailed instructions regarding the exam pattern of SRMJEEE 2021 examination are specified below:
- The entrance test shall be supervised via online (CBT) mode.
- The medium of the exam paper shall be in English.
- The question paper contains multiple-choice questions and shall cover topics from Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Mathematics. For M.Tech programme, the questions shall be asked from respective degree level syllabus.
- The time period for exam completion is 2 hours and 30 minutes.
Section wise Question Weightage
The section-wise weightage of questions and marks for B.Tech course are tabulated below:
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks per question|
SRMJEEE 2021 Marking Scheme
The below section discloses the marking scheme of SRMJEEE 2021 for B.Tech and M.tech programs:
- For B.Tech programme, The SRMJEEE 2021 question paper is set for 315 marks.
- For M.Tech programme, The SRMJEEE 2021 question paper is set for 300 marks.
- Every correct answer gains 1 mark.
- No negative marking scheme is applied for incorrect answers.
SRMJEEE 2021 Syllabus
For B.Tech program, the syllabus of SRMJEEE 2021 covers topics from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biology. Few topics under each of the subjects are listed below:
Physics: Topics include Units and Measurement, Ray and wave optics, Mechanics, Electricity & Magnetism, Gravitation, Mechanics of Fluids and Solids, Atomic Physics and Relativity, Oscillations and Wave Motion, Dual nature of Matter and nuclear physics, Heat and Thermodynamics, Electronics and communication.
Chemistry: Topics include Chemical families -Periodic properties, Atomic structure, Chemical bonding, molecular structure and S & P block elements, States of Matter, Chemical thermodynamics, Chemical equilibrium, Solutions, Electrochemistry, Hydrocarbons, Organic compounds containing oxygen, Polymers, Some basic principles of Organic chemistry etc.
Mathematics: Topics include Complex numbers and quadratic equations, Integral calculus and differential equations of first order, Matrices, determinants and their applications, Analytical geometry, Algebra, Combinatorics, Statistics and Probability, Vector algebra etc.,
Biology: Topics include Cell biology and genetics, Plant anatomy, Biology in human welfare, Plant physiology, Taxonomy of angiosperm, Microbiology, Applied biology, Modern genetics and animal biotechnology, Environmental science, Immunology, Theories of evolution, Biotechnology, Human physiology etc.
SRMJEEE 2021 Preparation Tips
Some tips and tricks for the candidates preparing for SRMJEEE 2021:
- Kindly go through the syllabus and pattern before fabricating a schedule/timetable.
- Candidates are advised to concentrate on subjects that carry more weightage and then proceed to the lesser ones.
- Jot down important formulas in the form of short notes and revise them every day.
- Various websites contain previous year question papers. Download those papers and try to solve them to get an idea about the question type.
- Regular practice of taking mock tests help to improve time managing skills.
- In between hectic study schedules, allot some time to refresh yourselves to relax your mind.
- A proper sleep cycle and healthy food consumption is a must.