SSP Scholarship 2021: Various departments of the state government of Karnataka have created the e-governance website called SSP (State Scholarship Portal) to award pre-matric and post-matric scholarships to various underprivileged students of the state. These departments include the Social Welfare Department, Department of Minority Welfare, Tribal Welfare Department and Backward Classes Welfare Department. These departments have offered educational scholarships to classes like SC/ST/ OBC/ minority groups and educationally backward students. The requirement of Aadhaar linked accounts is mandatory to award scholarship. This article gives detail information about SSP Scholarship 2021 including, the last date to apply, eligibility criteria, application process, documents required, selection procedure, renewal process, application status, rewards and benefits. The SSP scholarship last date for the year 2021 is 15th March 2021.
SSP Scholarship 2021
|Provided by||State Government of Karnataka|
|Scholarship Name||SSP Scholarship|
|Eligibility||Class 1- Ph.D. level students|
|Last Date of Application||March 15, 2021|
List of SSP Scholarship Schemes
These are the scholarships offered by various Karnataka state government departments and are available on the SSP scholarship portal.
|SSP Scholarship Departments||SSP Scholarship Names|
|Social Welfare Department|
|Scheduled Tribes Welfare Department|
|Backward Classes Welfare Department|
|Minority Welfare Department|
SSP Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Before applying, candidates have to check the respective SSP scholarship eligibility criteria in order to set foot to the next step.
SSP Post Matric Scholarship Eligibility
- Candidates studying in class 11th/12th are eligible to apply for an SSP scholarship.
- Candidates above class 12th pursuing graduation/ post-graduation and higher courses are also eligible
30% of scholarship is exclusively reserved for girls.
- Candidates are required to score at least 50% marks in the previous exam they have attempted.
- Annual family income of candidates to be less than INR 2 lakhs.
- Candidate to be Karnataka domiciled only.
SSP Pre-Matric Scholarship Eligibility
- Candidates from class 1 to 10 can apply.
- Candidates need to apply under both NSP and SSP Portal.
- The minimum score to be attained in the previous exam is 50%
- Annual family income to be less than INR 1 lakh
How to Apply for SSP Scholarship?
The application process on the SSP scholarship portal is quite elaborate. Candidates need to follow the step-wise procedure, and any faults at any step in the process will lead to the cancellation of the particular candidate’s application. Below we have provided a detailed step-by-step process to apply for an SSP scholarship.
SSP Karnataka Scholarship Registration
- Visit the official website of SSP scholarship portal.
- In the home page, click on ‘Create account’.
- Select the type of scholarship you need to apply for.
- Once scholarship type is selected, enter the student’s SATS ID.
- Now click on the tab indicating “Get Data”.
- Candidates now need to log into another website: [sts.karnataka.gov.in] This link will provide the corresponding SATS id.
- As soon as your details are displayed, check for correctness. If the data displayed is correct, then click on “Save and Proceed”. IF there are discrepancies, kindly bring it to the notice of your school authorities at the earliest.
- Enter your contact details.
- Click on the submit button.
- OTP will be sent to your mobile number. Enter the mobile number and validate.
- You will be prompted to change password. Perform task accordingly. Read through instructions provided.
- In the meanwhile, you will receive user ID and password to your registered mobile number.
SSP Scholarship Login
- Candidates should visit the official SSP portal.
- With the received credentials, log into your account again.
- On the SSP scholarship portal’s home page, click on “Student account.”
- Fill in all details pertaining to your application form.
- Click on “save and proceed”. Look out if you need to make any further changes.
- You will receive an acknowledgement shortly after that.
- Submit the hard copy of the acknowledgement to your respective school officials.
List of Documents Required for SSP Scholarship
Here in this section, we present the common list of documents that need to be submitted for Post-Matric/ Pre- Matric scholarships in association with SSP scholarship.
- Marks cards of the previous exam taken up by the student.
- Fee receipt of the current year issued by a respective educational institution
- Bonafide certificate from a respective educational institution
- For students residing in hostels, hostel stay certificate is applicable
- For children of defense personnel, respective certificate to be issued.
- Income certificate
- SATS ID card
- Aadhaar card
- Caste certificate
- Bank account details
- Bank account linkage with Aadhaar details
- National scholarship ID card
How to E-Attest SSP Scholarship Documents?
Additional requirements while submitting documents on SSP portal is that they have to be e-attested. The e-attestation process is applicable ONLY FOR POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIPS. For students residing in hostels, attestation is required by officials along with e-attestation on hostel declaration certificate. The process of e-attestation is carried out in the following manner:
- Visit the official SSP scholarship website
- Click on ‘E-attestation’ tab.
- Submit necessary details in the form including Aadhaar number, college and course details, hostel residing details etc.
- Upload all corresponding documents that need e-attestation
- Click on submit.
- Submit all documents to the attestation officer in person.
SSP Scholarship Benefits
For candidates who have applied through SSP scholarship portal, will receive varying amounts of financial grants allocated by the Karnataka state government. According to the level of study of a particular student, the grant amount shall be decided by authorities. For instance, Mphil and PhD course pursuant will be awarded grant amount of INR 8000 and INR 10,000 respectively. This amount shall be granted at the end of their course research work. The SSP scholarship amount shall cover tuition fees as well as other educational expensed. A method of Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) is followed.
SSP Scholarship Selection Process
Various parameters are taken into consideration while awarding an SSP scholarship to students. Some of them are discussed below:
- The financial conditions and the annual income of family are taken into consideration while deciding the award of scholarship to a student.
- The higher the age of a student, more preference is given to him.
- Candidates are checked against the eligibility conditions cited.
- Only those candidates who qualify with the required merit scores shall be chosen.
How to Renew SSP Scholarship 2021?
Here is the step by step procedure for students to get their SSP scholarship renewed. Renewal is a mandatory exercise to continue receiving grant till the completion of a student’s course.
- Visit the official SSP scholarship Karnataka portal.
- Enter “student login” section. Enter the login ID and password.
- Click on “Renewal Form” for the current year.
- Enter all details requested in the renewal form.
- Check for correctness of data entered.
- Click on submit button.
How to Check the SSP Scholarship Status?
After an applicant submits his application form, he shall be obviously curious to find out his SSP scholarship application status. In this regard, the following steps need to be followed to check the status of application:
- Visit the official SSP portal scholarship website
- Enter “student login” section. Enter the login ID and password.
- Click on “Track student application status” for the current year.
- Enter your SATS ID.
- Click on “Search” to check your application status.
Contact Details of SSP Scholarship
The contact details of the four departments offering scholarships are provided below:
Social Welfare Department – 9008400010
Department of Minority Welfare – 080-22535931
Tribal Welfare Department -080-22261789
Backward Classes Welfare Department – 080-22374836