Essay on Statue of Unity: The dynamic Statue of Unity is dedicated to the Iron Man of India – Sardar Vallabhai Patel. It is located in the state of Gujarat at an altitude of 182 meters. It took four full years to construct this marvel and was inaugurated on 31st October, 2018. The statue stands tall on a river island called Sadhu Bet. Currently, it is considered to be the world’s tallest statue. The statue symbolizes unity, power and peace.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Essay on Statue of Unity 500 Words in English
Below we have provided Statue of Unity Essay in English, suitable for class 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 & 10.
“My only desire is that India should be a good producer, and no one should be hungry, shedding tears for food in the country.” – Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
The Statue of Unity is a statue of independent India’s first deputy prime minister and home minister; Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel. He was a leading activist in Mahatma Gandhi’s non-violent independence movement. He is well respected for his efforts to unite 562 princely states into India’s union. The Statue of Unity is currently the tallest statue in the world. Its height is 182 metres or 597 feet.
It is almost double the Statue of Liberty’s length, which is situated in the USA. It is located in the Narmada district in the state of Gujarat. The statue’s construction started in 2013 and was completed by the year 2018. Its inauguration was done by India’s honourable prime minister, Shri Narendra Modi.
Statue of Unity – Construction and Architecture
The statue has a viewing gallery that can accommodate up to 200 visitors and provides the exquisite view of the dam and the beautiful adjoining ranges. The statue has been designed to withstand big magnitudes’ earthquakes till 6.5 on the Richter scale. Seventy thousand metric tonnes of cement were used to complete its construction in a record time of 33 months.
There were around 3,000 workers involved in its construction and 300 highly qualified engineers. The statue was built by Larsen & Toubro with a budget of around Rs. 3,000 crores. The statue’s base contains a meditative garden, an exhibition hall, and an audio-visual gallery, all filled with numerous life achievements of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel. The statue also has a specially designated Selfie Point for all the social enthusiasts.
Facts about the Statue of Unity
- It is the tallest statue globally and is a symbol of pride for our nation. It has made its place in the Time’s List of 100 greatest places in the world.
- The statue serves as a tribute to a national hero of our country and helps uplift people’s sentiments. It fills those who visit it with a feeling of patriotism and unity.
- The statue is built in a way such that it can withstand 1000 years. This will help boost the tourism industry tremendously.
- It will lead to numerous businesses’ flourishing, including hotels, restaurants, transportation, accommodation, etc.
- It will lead to the creation of thousands of jobs which is good for the unemployed people.