500+ Words Essay on Success
Nowadays, everyone wants to be successful. People are so fascinated by the glamour of successful persons that they are obsessed with becoming successful. Everyone has a different viewpoint on success. To decide their success, people compare their achievements with other’s accomplishments.
But it cannot be copied from others. A person should realize that there is no single formula to achieve success. Everyone has different goals and dreams, which means that there are various things and mindset by which we can feel better. Therefore, it is important to know what success is.
What is Success?
The definition of success does not include materialistic things. No one bothers about how much money you have, how big your house is, you had lunch in five-star restaurants, how big you throw a party or how much one you made before you died.
Many people think that if they have a lot of money, they are successful but that is not true. A rich person, having a lot of money, still seems to be sad and not satisfied but on the other hand, a middle-class man, sitting with his family having little money, appears to be the happiest person alive.
Success is defined by how satisfied and fun your life is. How glad you are in your life. What is your life without family and friends? Success is peace of mind. Therefore, be very satisfied with the experience, made an effort to do your best and become what you are capable of becoming.
How to achieve Success
Overnight success is not possible. To be a successful person, you have to work hard with dedication and constancy. You need to choose whether you want to be successful or not. Numerous habits can be practised to become successful and build a life you always wanted.
- Set your goals and take risks to achieve them
- Always be surrounded by successful people
- Go with your gut and flow of things
- You should not have any distractions as your time is limited
- Be appropriate and up to date
- Accept the failures are temporary and learn from it
- Believe in yourself and abilities
- Do time management and be patient and calm
- Work on your weaknesses and check your progress
- Work hard and always be bound by time
- Remain dedicated to the goal and give your 100%
- Identify the important thing and try to complete them first
- Don’t be scared to take the leap and never quit
Difference between Success and Failure
Many people think that there is a lot of difference between success and failure. However, the reality is that they are very much closer than you think. The difference between the two is your attitude towards them, how well you handle them.
When you get success, you become happy, and it changes your perception of everything. To realize that you are successful in something is only after failure is known. Without failure, there cannot be any success. That is because to succeed, you need to have the ability to cope up with failure and convert your failure to success.
The main difference between success and failure is calmness and consistency. Those who succeed and those who are not able to succeed is that they remain calm to their little progress and continue to be consistent even if they failed.
Both are good, and you just have learned how to deal with them. Failure motivates you to keep going, provided your mindset is positive. People who learn to deal with them are always happy and become successful.
The relation between Success and Hard work
There are plenty of resources available to be successful, often called ‘secrets to success,’ but there is one thing without which you cannot see ongoing success, and that is hard work. Success is something, which does not happen by chance or overnight. It takes consistent hard work to get there.
This means you need to be focused and committed to your work without any distractions, no urges of fast results, being calm, and believing in yourself. In the end, it is all about how hard you have worked to reach your goal. However, to invest your time and energy, you will need to understand precisely why hard work matters. Here are some main reasons:
- Helps in learning the importance of success – It is the labour you need to put into achieving your goals. Everyone would be successful if it were free. Hard work makes you understand the real value of what you believe in and makes you respect it.
- Discipline is built while working hard – In the beginning, you are not ready to handle all the responsibilities that come with it. However, earning it with hard work prepares you for that. Therefore, the hard work, with time, is essential on your journey to success.
- It teaches you the value of everything – You learn to appreciate all you have, and aim higher, to be calm, to take action instead of waiting for things to happen itself, take responsibility for actions instead of blaming others and your situations.
- You will be able to make your luck – Many people spend all of their time waiting for things to happen. They make excuses and are distracted all the time. On the other hand, People with goals always do something and try new stuff. Taking opportunities and making the most of them is the real face of luck.
- Hard work gives you the desired results – The best measure for your work in progress. Nothing can be more effective than hard work.
Drawbacks of Success
Everyone dreams of being successful in his or her career. Success can also give birth to several problems. While you were dreaming about the moment of your success, in real-life success means more responsibilities. Success can have a negative effect on your growth. Often the most dangerous thing that can happen in your life is a success. Few drawbacks of success are:-
- Distractions come with success – Success brings opportunities. More opportunities mean more distractions. You get one client, then another, then another. Focus is the key to success, as you make smart choices, the risk of becoming distracted increases.
- Success brings over-confidence – Over-confidence often leads to mindless pursuit, charging ahead, leaving people or structural elements behind.
- Success gives false positives – False positives are lead to early successes that lead to inaccurate information. If you are not careful, you will repeat your process and end up with horrible results.
- Success can lead to paralysis. – Finally, a big success can create a big problem. Success can also be scary.
To sum it up, we can tell that success needs a balanced proportion of all the elements of life. Moreover, no one has achieved success in a day. They have faced difficult situations in life for being successful. Success can also be a dangerous thing. It does not mean that success is bad by any means; only the thing is success has to be tackled.