Essay on Summer Camp: Fun filled camps that offer recreation and skill based learning for children age-appropriately are called summer camps. Children enrolled in these camps get a chance to mingle with other kids their age and learn new, exciting things in a fun filled, safe environment. Personality development, leadership skills, art skills, and all-around development are attained through these yearly camps. They are a good way to utilize one’s time, to bond with nature and learn physical activities.
Essay on Summer Camp 500 Words in English
Below we have provided Summer Camp Essay in English, suitable for class 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 & 10.
Summer camp is a supervised program organised for children & teens in the month of summers. It is a unique camp that focuses on things that are not covered in schools’ academic calendars. It is an independent experience which children & teens spend away from their home & loved ones. These camps help in shaping their character with a lot of new experiences. They get the chance to do adventures away from home in a safe environment. It is a place which promotes happy vibes, self-expression & decision making. Camp allows the children to live some of their fantasies like boarding the train to Hogwarts. Children find a world filled with possibilities & hopes in the activities they cannot do daily.
Importance of Summer Camp
There are many reasons to try summer camp; few of them are listed below.
- Socialising: Children make new friends & interact with strangers in the summer camps. They get along with all others coming from a different location with different mind-set. By sharing a commonplace with others, they get the chance to know others & make friends.
- Skill Development: Summer camp is not only a place to have fun & experiences but also it helps in learning new skills. It also helps in enhancing the skills we have. The children are involved in many activities like dancing, painting, singing, crafts etc.
- Social skills: Summer camp gives the chance to develop cooperation among the children. It also pumps them with lots of energy & positivity. Living & performing several activities among the peers creates a bond among them.
- Physical activity: Summer camp enables a lot of physical activities like swimming, trekking, mountain climbing etc. It also includes outdoor games like soccer, cricket, badminton, tennis. It helps them to boost their energy & opens their ways of handling new challenges in life.
- Bond with Nature: Children get a few days away from technology & rush to spend time with nature. They experience the natural world out of their online games, TV, series. Generally, summer camps are organised in natural places where they can have some outdoor experiences which they lack back in the city.
- Lifetime Experience: Those who attend summer camps they take lifetime experience with them, which is preserved for the rest of their life. They get to do many activities which they have never thought of doing at that age which includes cooking, first aid, planting trees, interaction with nature, stranger becoming friends etc.
- Personality Development: Camps fills the person with positivity & self-esteem. It helps in developing self-confidence & decision making with various competitive & non-competitive activities.
- Team Work: Summer camps promote team building activities which promote the coordination, understanding, respecting everyone view & working upon them at a very young age. Team building activities like bamboo hut making, scavenger hunt, minefield, egg drop etc. are given importance. The children are from a different location, religion, culture & economic background makes the environment very diversified.
- Disciplined Life: As the schedules include time to time activities & breaks, it makes the child very punctual & self-disciplined. Few of the activities are planned early morning, which makes them adopt the lifestyle, which is very important for today’s youngsters. Sleep cycles also improve as after a lot of physical activities they get tired & sleep early as a preparation for very next day.
Summer camps have emerged as the best place to explore life & learn new sets of social skills. It keeps the child out his daily monotonous routine with hands-on experience in different team-building activities. They learn to be independent & self-sufficient. They get the opportunity to mix up the diversified world becoming more tolerant for future challenges. It helps in overall personality development with a lifetime experience.