Swarnajayanti Fellowship 2022: To celebrate the fiftieth year of Indian independence in a commendable way, the government of India under the Department of Science and Technology introduced the Swarnajayanti Fellowship Scheme to meritorious students. The fellowship aims to promote scientific temper among young and enthusiastic scientists. The fellowship is awarded to exceptionally deserving candidates who have achieved laurels in research and technology. The awarded fellowship does not cater to any institution of excellence but pertains to the scientist alone and his working area. The selected fellows shall be attached to an institute of excellence that shall nurture their ideas and promote their work and talent toward building innovations in science and technology. This article gives detailed information about Swarnajayanti Fellowship 2022-23, including the last date to apply, application process, documents required, eligibility, selection procedure, rewards, and benefits.
Swarnajayanti Fellowship 2022
|Provided By||Department of Science and Technology (DST)|
|Fellowship Name||Swarnajayanti Fellowship|
|Last Date of Application||April 2022 (Tentative)|
Swarnajayanti Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
- Only Indian nationals can apply.
- Candidate should be currently serving in a commendable position in an Indian academic center or organization or research facility.
- Contribution of the candidate in terms of scientific publications and research writings should be extensive on record.
- All candidates should be PhD holders in one of these streams – science and technology OR engineering OR medicine background.
- Candidate should not be in receipt of any other similar fellowship from the government of India.
- Age group of applicants to be between 30 to 40 years only.
- Candidate could be currently residing in India or any foreign country.
- Candidate should obtain a bonafide letter from the science and technology establishment that he intends to pursue his fellowship at. The letter from the respective head of the institution should state that the facility shall make suitable arrangements from the management side and other necessary units in lieu of the candidate’s research requirements.
Swarnajayanti Fellowship Application Process
The advertisement with regard to Swarnajayanti fellowship shall appear every year. Candidates can refer to the official advertisement to apply correctly in the specified format mentioned. Apart from the basic application, candidates may need to submit additional documents and a presentation of the same as and when required. The step by step procedure is explained below:
- Go to the official website of DST – [onlinedst.gov.in]
- Click on ‘New Registration’ and complete registration formalities.
- The registration form requires login information, personal information and contact information.
- Once a candidate is registered, he/she shall receive an e-mail verification link. Candidates can click on the link to get their account activated.
- Now click on ‘Generate Password’ tab, and you can save a new password for login purposes.
- Login to the website again with details registered just now.
- Read through the complete instructions before stepping in to form filling.
- Enter details in the application form and click on submit button.
Documents Required for Swarnajayanti Fellowship
Candidates should not submit any documents at the time of application. If the applicant is chosen for further rounds of the process, then the following documents need to be presented at the time of verification:
- ID card issued by the parent institute
- PAN card or Aadhaar card of the candidate
- Birth certificate
- All mark sheets and certificates of higher qualifications
- Specific mark sheets of the qualifying exam
- Address proof of candidate – passport or driving license
Swarnajayanti Fellowship Selection Process
- The selection for Swarnajayanti Fellowship Scheme is an elaborate procedure taking place in many phases. Inputs from experts at DST shall be collaborated, and final decision formed based on committee suggestions.
- The counting factors, merits and demerits are accounted based on the innovative aspects of candidate’s research. Also, the extensiveness of research carried out by the candidate together with the originality of work carry higher points for the award of the fellowship.
- Candidates who are researching on current areas of interest in science and technology stand a better chance to win the fellowship.
Swarnajayanti Fellowship Rewards
The list of rewards and benefits is described below:
- Fellowship grant of INR 25,000 per month
- Regular monthly payment from the parent institution where the candidate is conducting his research
- Monetary assistance for research work.
- Financial expenses are covered for costs incurred to buy equipment, contingencies and other similar requirements.
- Study tour allowances, for both national and international travel, shall be provided.
- Based on merit and considerations from the parent organization, any additional monetary assistance shall be provided from time to time.
Swarnajayanti Fellowship – Terms & Conditions
Candidates have to abide by these terms and conditions when applying to Swarnajayanti fellowship:
- All candidates have to present original documents which would be returned back to them at the time of verification.
- Candidates must be in a position to explain the implementation and applications of their project ideas before the final round of selection is done.
- Innovative and captive ideas that are going to set new benchmarks in the field of science and technology shall be invited from applicants. Ideas should be original and have a long lasting impact on the working area.
- All information submitted should be correct and supported with documentation. Providing false and incorrect information shall lead to disqualification of the candidate from his fellowship application.
Swarnajayanti Fellowship Result
Here are a few points to understand while checking the results of your fellowship application:
- The official list of shortlisted candidates for pursuing research under Swarnajayanti fellowship shall be displayed on the official portal of DST, the government of India.
- The list of selected candidates is provided subject-wise in the form of PDF documents.
- Candidates can click on the PDF list pertaining to their line of specialization and check for their name.
Address: Mr. Neeraj Sharma, [Scientist-F], DST, Government of India, Technology Bhavan, New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi – 110 016
Helpline Number: 91 11 26567373 [ext no. 223]
E-mail: [email protected]