The respective state governments issue ration card for citizens, which serves as a very important, official document for various purposes. Households belonging to the economically weaker sections fall under those categories eligible for procuring food grains at subsidized prices through the Public Distribution System or PDS. This comes under the National Food Security Act (NFSA). Based on the number of members in the family, a ration card or family card is issued to citizens of the state. The types of ration cards provided to a family also decide the amount of rationed goods that they can procure.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
How to Check Tamil Nadu Ration Card List 2022
The ration card list of Tamil Nadu for the year 2022 can be checked by following these steps below:
- Visit the official portal.
- On the homepage, fill up the application form with correct entries. These details are needed – District, City, and Locality details. After the ‘State’ field, these details can be found and entered.
- Information about the status of the ration card list 2022 can also be checked on the Tamil Nadu Civil Supplies Corporation’s official website.
Tamil Nadu Ration Card Eligibility
The eligibility criteria for applying to Tamil Nadu Rashan Card can be explained below:
- Applicant should compulsorily be a citizen of India.
- The family of the applicant should also be Indian citizens.
- The family of the applicant and all the members should be living and cooking separately.
- Applicants and their families must be ordinary residents of Tamil Nadu state.
- Applicants or their families should not have a family card that is already registered in some other state.
- Applicants or their families must not be enrolled as members in any other family card within Tamil Nadu state.
- Applicant and their family members must be close relatives.
Documents Required for Tamil Nadu Ration Card
Along with the duly filled application form, other essential documents required to apply for a ration card in Tamil Nadu state are explained below:
- Applicant’s residential proof [ current residence in Tamil Nadu]
- Election Photo Identity card (EPIC) or
- Tax Paid Receipts of Property in case applicant resides in own house (in the current year) OR
- Last month’s electricity bill OR
- Last month’s Telephone bill OR
- Frontpage of bank passbook OR
- Allotment Orders for persons staying at houses that have been allotted by the Slum Clearance Board OR
- Passport OR
- Tenancy Agreement that is currently valid (in case applicant lives in a rented house).
- If a card has been issued in correspondence to a previous address, this card has to be given back to the authorities along with a Surrender Certificate.
- Name Deletion Certificate to be provided by the head of the family or non-inclusion of name certificate that is issued by the card issuing authority in correspondence with the previous address.
- No Card Certificate that is provided by the card-issuing authority in case a family card has not been issued in correspondence with the previous address.
- Details about LPG Connection along with other requisite details like customer name. This name should be the one with which the connection is registered. Along with this, the consumer number, LPG Agency name, and Oil company name amongst other details need to be furnished.
- In case of a previous application that is already made, particulars about the previous application including registration number, rejection details, etc have to be clearly stated and provided.
- Applicants can also update their contact details such as email address, mobile phone number, etc. This number shall receive direct messages from the concerned department through automation concerning the status of the ration card application.
- A self-addressed envelope with a stamped postal cover or even a postcard to facilitate office authorities to stay in touch with the applicant regarding application status.
How to Apply for Ration Card in Tamil Nadu
Applicants can follow these easy steps to apply for a smart ration card in Tamil Nadu:
- Visit the official website of the Tamil Nadu Public Distribution System.
- Choose your preferred language. Click on the ‘Smart card application’ title under the section ‘Smart Card Application Services’.
- On selecting the option ‘Smart Card Application’, the application form shall be displayed on the screen. In this form, all relevant details need to be filled out by the applicant.
- A scanned photograph in the correct format of the head of the family needs to be uploaded by the applicant. Approved formats are .png, .jpeg, .jpg or .gif and size of the file should not exceed 10 kb.
- Residential address proof needs to be uploaded in .jpeg or, jpg or.png or.pdf format. The uploaded file size should not exceed 100 kb.
- After form filling completion, it’s recommended to review the form for any errors if present. Check for the correctness of the information provided and click on the ‘Submit’ button thereafter.
- After successful form submission, a reference number shall be initiated. This reference number should be saved for future references to check the status of the ration card application.
How to Check TN Ration Card Status Online
Applicants need to follow the below-mentioned steps to check the status of their ration card applications:
- Visit the official website of the Tamil Nadu Public Distribution System.
- Choose your preferred language and click on the icon titled’ Smart Card Application Status’ on the homepage.
- After this step, applicants would be redirected to a new webpage. Here enter your reference number generated at the time of form submission.
- Enter the reference number correctly and click on the Submit button.
- Concerning the reference number provided, the application status shall be displayed on the screen.
How to Download Tamil Nadu Ration Card
The state government issues Smart Ration Cards that can be accessed on the official TNDS website. Applicants can use the website to download the smart ration card from the portal. To easily download, the following steps could be easily followed:
- Visit the official portal of Tamil Nadu Public Distribution System at www.tnpds.gov.in.
- Click on the tab titled ‘Beneficiary’ from the top menu on the website.
- In the relevant field enter your registered mobile number. An OTP shall be sent and enter this number in the text field given on the screen.
- This will allow you to sign in to the TNPDS portal.
- Click on the option titled ‘Smart Card Print’ and next choose your preferred language also.
- Click on the ‘Save’ button to save a PDF copy of your smart ration card.
How to Make Tamil Nadu Ration Card Correction Online
The TNPDS Website or the Tamil Nadu Public Distribution System allows users to make online corrections to their ration cards. Applicants need to follow these steps on the portal to make necessary changes to their ration cards:
- Visit the official website of Tamil Nadu Public Distribution System at www.tnpds.gov.in
- From the website’s top menu, click on the ‘Beneficiary’ tab.
- In the relevant field provided, enter your registered mobile number. After receiving OTP, enter that in the next field.
- The applicant shall be signed in to the TNPDS official portal.
- Click on the option titled ‘Smart Card Details’ and scroll to the menu panel to make necessary changes to your ration card details.
- Click on the ‘Edit’ button next to the field that the applicant wants to change and follow suit.
- Make all necessary changes and don’t forget to attach any relevant documents [if needed].
- After ensuring all changes are made, click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- The new information needs approval from the concerned authorities. A new reference number shall also be provided in this process.
- This new reference number can be used to track the status of the changes made to the ration card.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. If I want to add a new member to my family ration card, how can I do it?
Yes, you can do it. Visit the official website of the TNPDS portal and create a fresh application to add a new member to your family card.
2. How long do I need to wait for my ration card to be delivered?
It takes about 15 to 30 days for a new ration card to be issued and delivered to my new address. After the application form is filled up and submitted, it has to undergo the formal approval process, after which the ration card would be issued.
3. When I’m applying for a new ration card in Tamil Nadu, should I pay any prescribed fee?
A prescribed fee of Rs. 5 should be paid for the whole process of verification and issuance of the ration card. The fee should be paid to the concerned AC or TSO office attached to your locality.
4. What should I do if I do not receive any updates even after 30 days of making an application for my ration card?
Normally it takes around 15 to 30 days for the entire process of verification and issuance of ration card to complete. If the application is more than 30 days old and no communication has been received by the applicant concerning his ration card, then he can directly contact the Assistant Commissioner or Taluk Supply Officer of the concerned area and find out the reason behind the delay.
5. If my ration card application gets rejected, what should I do then?
If your ration card gets rejected for one or the other reason, perform one of the following activities: Contact the Deputy Commissioner of Civil Supplies, Chennai City, North and South, Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection Department, Chennai 5 in respect of Chennai City and the surrounding belts. In the case of the remaining areas, applicants can contact the District Revenue Officer of the concerned district.
Ration Card Related Articles