TANCET 2021: The full form of TANCET is Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test. It is a state-level examination conducted by Anna University, Chennai on behalf of Govt. of Tamil Nadu every year in May 2021. The test offers admission to various PG courses like MBA, M.Arch, M.Tech, M.Plan, MCA, & so on. Qualified candidates are allotted seats in Govt. & Non-Govt colleges. The given article contains all the information related to TANCET 2021 that includes exam date, registration process, exam pattern, eligibility criteria, syllabus and more.
TANCET 2021 Exam Dates
The schedule for examination for TANCET 2021 are:
|Application commences||1st week of April 2021|
|Deadline for application||4th week of April 2021|
|Release of Admit card||May 2021|
|TANCET 2021 Exam||May 2021|
|Result released||1st week of June 2021|
|Counselling starts||July 2021|
TANCET 2021 Application Form
All details related to the TANCET 2021 application form are:
- TANCET 2021 application form will be accessible by applicants via online from the first week of April 2021.
- Deadline for submitting application form will be till the fourth week of April 2021.
- Candidates must submit valid email id & phone number to register.
- Modifications to the application form will not be entertained.
- Applicants should take print of the completed application form along with payment receipt future use.
- Candidates can pay the application fee via online using debit card/ credit card/ net banking.
- Note: Per each additional course, students have to pay Rs. 500/- extra (Rs. 250 for SC/ ST/ SCA candidate of Tamil Nadu state).
|General Candidates||Rs. 500|
|ST/ SC/ SCA Candidates||Rs. 250|
TANCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants can go through the below points to know about the TANCET eligibility norms:
- Nationality: Must be an Indian.
- State Candidates: Candidates of other states can also apply if they satisfy the required qualification.
- Appearing: Appearing students can also apply.
- GATE Score: Candidates with GATE Scores can apply directly. However, students with good marks in Engineering Science & Life Sciences must write the examination.
For M.E. /M.Tech /M. Arch /M. Plan
- Qualification: Must qualify Bachelor’s degree in any relevant field/course scoring aggregate mark of 50% for general category students (45% for reserved candidates) from any recognized board.
- Qualification: Must qualify Bachelor’s degree from any recognized board/ university scoring at least 50% marks (45% marks for reserved candidates).
- Qualification: Applicants must qualify Bachelor’s degree with Mathematics as a mandatory subject at 12th class/in graduation from any recognized University/ Board scoring minimum of 50% marks for general category (45% marks for reserved category).
TANCET 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates must go through the TANCET Exam pattern given below
- Mode of Exam: TANCET 2021 entrance test will be via offline.
- Duration: Duration will be of 2 hours.
- Number of Questions: In case of MBA & MCA paper, a total of 100 questions will be there & in case of M.E / M.Tech / M.Arch / M.Plan, there will be 115 questions.
- Total Marks: Maximum marks of the question paper is 100 marks
- Marking Scheme: One mark will be awarded for every correct response.
- Negative Pattern: 1/3 mark will be deducted for every incorrect response.
The pattern of question & marks per courses is:
|Courses||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|For M.E./M. Tech/M. Plan/M. Arch|
TANCET 2021 Syllabus
The TANCET syllabus varies per courses. Given below are the syllabus for each course:
- M.E./M.Arch./Plan/M.Tech: Section 1 will contain topics from Engineering Mathematics, related to Transforms, Calculus and Differential Equations, Vector Calculus, Numerical Methods, Determinants and Matrices and Applied Probability. Section two, topics include Basic Engineering and Sciences. Section three, chapters will be covered from various specialised subjects.
- MBA Programme: Will comprises of questions to test the candidate’s ability and skills. The section will contain topics to:
- Evaluate the candidate’s skill in determining data sufficiency questions with the help of the given data & maths questions.
- Identify the data given & apply the information to make a business decision from the business situation provided.
- Check the candidate’s knowledge of English in terms of errors in usage, grammar, etc.
- Examine the candidate’s skill in answering based on the passages in the comprehension.
- MCA Programme: Topics from Analytic Reasoning, Quantitative Ability, Computer Awareness and Logical Reasoning, verbal activity, basic science, and so on.
TANCET 2021 Preparation Tips
Candidates can go through the TANCET 2021 preparation tips:
- Create a study plan
- Organize the study space & take a break regularly
- Follow a healthy diet.
- Maintain a proper sleep routine.
- Study in groups
- Read the entire syllabus.
TANCET 2021 Admit Card
TANCET 2021 Admit Card will be published in May 2021 via online. Candidates will not receive the admit card via any offline mode. Applicants must log in to download the admit card. In case of any discrepancy in the admit card, candidates must notify the officials and rectify it. Admit card include name, photograph, DOB, roll number of the candidate, category & much more.
TANCET 2021 Answer Key
TANCET Answer Key will release in May 2021 via online mode. It will contain the answers to all question, and candidates can assess the marks with the answer key. Candidates must be familiar with the marking scheme of the TANCET examination & candidates are allowed to raise objections in case of an error in the answer key if any, after which the authority will release the final answer key.
TANCET 2021 Result
TANCET Result will be available online from June 2021. Candidates must log in to check their results. Authority will release the scorecard once the results are declared. Candidates can know their performance—score etc. in the scorecard. Rank list will be published which will contain the names of all the qualified candidates.
TANCET 2021 Cut Off
TANCET Cutoff will be released online varying according to the category of the candidates. Students must qualify the cut off marks prescribed by the authority to secure admission. Another separate cut off list will be published of qualified students via GATE marks. Cut off will depend on many factors like candidates participated, the difficulty of the exam and much more.
TANCET 2021 Counselling
TANCET Counselling procedures will be published after the results are out. Qualified students will receive a call letter for participating in counselling. Candidates must submit original documents at the time of counselling process.
The documents to be submitted are:
- TANCET Scorecard
- Class 10th Mark sheet
- Graduation Mark sheet
- Class 12th Mark sheet
- Address proof
- Requisite fee in the form of DD or cash
- Caste certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Transfer certificate
- Passport size, photographs, etc.