Teach for India Fellowship 2021: India is a promising country for its youth. The nation believes in the able leadership of the youth to bring in a radical transformation within the country. Development and progress can happen when the youth sponsor their leadership and work hard to empower themselves and the society they live in too. The Teach for India fellowship offers a golden opportunity to young citizens with an inner zeal to teach children from the underprivileged communities and studying in schools that do not support basic amenities of education. The entire fellowship program aims at bringing about a sea change in our education system.
Fellows (popularly called Cohorts) get an opportunity to understand the reality of education in the country, assimilate information on improving the system from the basic scratch. In the larger frame, it helps build a much better collaboration of interactions between the education system, the parents, teachers and also heads of institutions. This article gives detail information about Teach for India Fellowship 2021 that includes the last date to apply, application form process, documents required, eligibility criteria, selection process, renewal, rewards and benefits.
Teach for India Fellowship 2021 Highlights
|Provided by||Teach for India|
|Fellowship Name||Teach for India Fellowship|
|Fellowship Rewards||Up to INR 20,412 per month, Housing Allowance- up to INR 10,000|
|Eligibility||Minimum Bachelors Degree|
Teach for India Fellowship Dates
|Round 1||September 06, 2020||September 16, 2020|
|Round 2||November 08, 2020||November 20, 2020|
|Round 3||January 17, 2021||January 28, 2021|
|Round 4||March 14, 2021||March 24, 2021|
Teach for India Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
Following are the eligibility conditions to be fulfilled while applying to the Teach for India fellowship program:
- Candidates should have completed Bachelor’s degree program.
- The degree should be attained from a recognized university only.
- All assimilative course-related work along with the degree should be completed before applying to this fellowship.
- Indian citizens can apply.
- Foreigners who have Indian roots or origins can apply too.
- Candidates must be excellent and fluent in the English language.
- There is no age limit whatsoever to apply to this program.
- Candidates must demonstrate exceptional leadership skills and possess critical and analytical thinking abilities, together with problem-solving traits.
Teach for India Fellowship Application Process
Applications for the 2021 Fellowship are now open: Apply Now
Step by step guide to the application procedure is given below
- Online application form in the stipulated timeline shall be available on the link: teachforindia.org. Search for the “APPLY NOW” button and click on it.
- The application procedure is divided into a total of SIX different steps. Each step contains different sets of information to be entered by the candidate.
- After finishing one section, look through the details entered and proceed to the NEXT level.
- After successfully entering details in the application form in all the SIX steps, quote the reasons why you’re interested in this fellowship program and why you should be selected for the same.
- SUBMIT the form.
- Soon after form submission, candidates shall receive a link in their e-mail for a one-hour ONLINE test named AMCAT. The point of focus in AMCAT is to assess the candidates for their decision-making skills, thinking abilities and also English language skills.
- The ONLINE test should be attempted submitted within four days of receiving it.
Following documents need to be presented during the reviewing process of selected candidates post application form selection.
- Degree certificate
- ID Proof of the candidate
- Reports/ transcripts completed as part of the degree program.
Teach for India Fellowship Selection Process
Selection for this fellowship involves a highly specialised 3 round intensive scrutiny procedure. The entire process consists of the following rounds:
Application Form and Online Test – In the first step candidates shall explain about themselves and the many reasons why they should be selected for this fellowship program. A one-hour skill-based online test called AMCAT shall follow the application process. Based on your test performance, you’d be called in for the next round of selection.
Telephonic Interview – The second round of the fellowship selection process involves a 30-minute telephonic interview call by a fellowship team member. Assessment of the candidate based on his application and test performance shall give way to further evaluation in terms of telephonic interaction.
Personality Test – Those candidates who put up an impressive performance in the online test and the telephonic rounds shall further move up the ladder for a personal interview. There are three activities lined up for this particular round. A 5-minute demonstration of your teaching skills, group discussion with fellow candidates and finally a problem-solving exercise. Candidates with good outcomes in this final round shall be considered Cohorts and receive the fellowship.
Teach for India Fellowship Rewards and Benefits
All candidates who have been selected as Cohorts of Teach for India fellowship shall serve as full-time teachers. They obtain a golden opportunity to teach underprivileged children, mostly from low-income groups. Cohorts shall teach at schools that lack enough funds to support good schooling. Following are some of the fantastic rewards and benefits as part of this journey:
- Good teaching experience mainly related to classroom learning.
- Candidates obtain a highly rewarding experience interacting with various entities like heads of institutions, students of different age groups and parents from diverse educational backgrounds.
- This program serves as a backbone for inspiring youth to bring in a transformation path in the field of education and leadership.
- The greatest reward of teaching children and imparting knowledge to them is priceless.
- When it comes to monetary aspects, candidates receive INR 19,000 per month as stipend. For those Cohorts who shift to cities other than their hometowns, additional HRA in the range of INR 5500 – INR 10,000 shall be offered. Miscellaneous charges to support incentives for school supplies shall be provided too!
Teach for India Fellowship – Terms and Conditions
Following are the minimum terms and conditions to be developed for applying to Teach for India fellowship:
- Minimum bachelors’ degree is required to apply for this fellowship.
- Ambitious and career-oriented, professionals who possess extraordinary leadership skills and an innate interest to teach can only apply.
- This fellowship is an intensive two-year-long program.
- Leadership skills, problem-solving abilities and critical thinking capacities are a must to join this fellowship.
- Candidates with or without prior teaching experience may apply.
- Candidates must display high academic talent.
- Excellent communication skills and language proficiency in English is a must.
- Candidates should be willing to relocate in case they cannot serve from their hometowns.
- Selected fellows shall teach students from class 2nd till class 10th.
- Selected fellows shall teach all vital school subjects like maths, science, social science and English.
- Candidates shall be placed in one of these cities – Mumbai, Pune, Delhi, Chennai, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad and Bengaluru.
- Proficiency in regional languages is not necessary.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the Teach for India fellowship?
Answer: The Teach for India program is a two-year extended intensive fellowship allowing young professionals to teach low-income group children and exhibit leadership skills to transform the education system in our country.
2. Who founded the Teach for India fellowship program?
Answer: Shaheen Mistri founded the Teach for India fellowship program in the year 2008. The plan was implemented on similar lines of the Teach for America model.
3. What is the minimum educational requirement for applying to this fellowship?
Answer: Graduation in any stream or minimum bachelors’ degree is required to apply for this fellowship.
4. What are some of the metrics on which candidates shall be assessed for selection?
Answer: Candidates shall be assessed based on several factors like critical thinking, academic merit records, proficiency in English language and soft skills, problem-solving abilities and exceptional leadership skills.
Address: Godrej One, 2nd Floor, Pirojshanagar, Eastern Express Highway, Vikhroli (East), Mumbai – 400079
Helpline Number: +91 22 25194283, +91 22 25194284,
Email: [email protected]