People who belong to the economically weaker sections of the society can procure food grains and pulses at subsidized rates with the help of a ration card. A ration card is an important document that enables citizens to purchase food items at subsidized prices from the Public distribution system. Along with aiding needy citizens to avail of food items, the ration card also acts as an important document for verification purposes and also as identification proof.
Offering food grains and pulses to the economically weaker classes of the society is one of the basic purposes of providing the Telangana ration card. This informative article about the Telangana ration card offers all the required details about different types of cards, eligibility criteria, the application process, and other essential information associated with the ration card.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Telangana Ration Card List 2022
The Telangana ration card list can be checked by people based on their village or district by following these steps below:
- Visit the official portal of the Telangana National Food Security Code.
- On the homepage, select the option ‘Reports‘.
- Next, click on the tab titled ‘Ration Card Reports‘. Select the ‘FSC Card Status Report’ menu from the list of options that are provided on the screen.
- Next, select your ‘District‘ and respective ‘Shop Number‘.
- After this step, under the selected shop, the list of all ration card holders shall be displayed.
- Finally, the ration card status can be checked successfully.
Telangana Ration Card Eligibility
In Telangana state, three major types of rashan card categories are provided to people. They are:
- Antyodaya Anna Yojana Cards
All these categories are differently color-coded based on the particular section of the society that they are attached to. The Antyodaya Anna Yojana Cards are given to the financially weaker sections of society.
The eligibility criteria to apply for these ration cards are explained below:
- All applicants must compulsorily be residents of Telangana.
- Applicant must not be a Telangana good Security (FSC) or ration cardholder already.
- All applicants must belong to the economically poorer and weaker sections of society.
- Newly married couples are also eligible to apply and obtain a ration card.
- Applicants whose ration cards are temporary or those who have crossed their ration cards can also apply for a new ration card.
How to Apply for Telangana Ration Card
To apply for a Telangana ration card, the procedure involves both offline and online procedures. The process of downloading the ration card must be carried out from the official portal. After completing this step, the application form submission along with the required document attachments should be made at the MeeSeva Centre.
For obtaining the application form, citizens must visit the nearest MeeSeva Centre and procure the form or download the online form as well. To download the application form online, here are the steps to be followed:
- Go to the ‘MeeSeva‘ portal.
- Traverse on the home screen and click on the option ‘Other Links’ from the options list provided on the left-hand panel of the screen.
- After the drop-down list appears, click the option of ‘Application forms’.
- From the list click on the option of ‘Civil Supplies’.
- After clicking on the appropriate option, select ‘Application for a new food security card’ from the options list provided.
- After clicking on the application, it will automatically get downloaded into your system.
- After downloading, print the application form in hardcopy.
- The application form consists of various information needed across different sections. Some primary details include the applicant’s name, gender, age, name of the father, mobile number, etc. Other important information includes details about qualification, region, and district, total family income, and the total number of family numbers amongst other details.
- After filling up the application form, the applicant is needed to go through the list of attachments to be made and thereby provide the necessary documents. After all this, the applicant needs to submit the application form and required documents along with the prescribed fee to the nearest MeeSeva center.
Documents Required for Telangana Ration Card
All citizens who wish to apply for a Telangana ration card are required to submit these documents along with their completed application form available on the website. The following documents need to be submitted:
- Original state resident proof copy [ Telangana state domicile certificate]
- Recent passport size photograph of the applicant.
- Aadhaar card copy
How to Check Telangana Ration Card Status Online
To check the status of the ration card online, the applicants need to follow these steps:
- Go to the Telangana EPDS official portal.
- Click on the tab titled ‘FSC Search’.
- Applicants can ration card status by using one of the above options such as FSC Reference number, Ration card number, Old Ration card number, and also district.
- After entering the required details, click on the ‘Search’ button.
- After this process, the ration card status shall be displayed on the screen and it can be saved.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the processing time for Telangana Ration Card?
The processing time including application verification and delivery of the card to the concerned applicant takes about 30 days.
2. Can the application form for the Telangana Ration card be submitted in online mode?
From the official website of the MeeSeva portal, the application form for the ration card can be downloaded online. After downloading the application form in the online mode, it must be filled correctly, suitable documents to be attached, and then submitted to the nearest MeeSeva center.
3. What are the different types of ration cards offered to Telangana citizens?
In the state of Telangana, ration card is offered in three categories depending on various factors, including family income, number of family members, etc. The three different ration card categories are AFSC, FSC, and Antyodaya Anna Yojana Cards.
Ration Card Related Articles