Here you will find the best samples essay on Television, written in easy and simple words for class 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 school students.
Television Essay in English – 250 Words
“Television is the triumph of machine over people” ~ Fred Allen
Synonymous with this remarkable quote, television is indeed one of the most prominent mediums of entertainment in the entire world. It has become the new standard in life. Every household has at least one set of television, if not multiple.
Television is a telecommunication medium that is used for transmission of moving images in colour or black & white. It is one of the significant inventions of this era. The onset of television was as popular as the radio.
Gone are the days, when people used to refer to it as the “idiot box”. The new generation television sets are packed with innovative features. TV is not just concentrated on entertainment anymore. It has widened into different areas like providing informative content for both kids and adults.
Moreover, it enables us to stay updated with the latest happenings of our day to day lives. One can procure news related to a distant area of the world through the TV. Besides, out of the large variety of channels, we have specific programs for history, wildlife, and national geography. These channels impart knowledge and wisdom.
Though there are numerous advantages of television, it has got its fair share of disadvantages as well. People get addicted to TV shows. This results in wasting their precious time. Apart from that, TV can also become a major distraction, especially for youth. Hence, it is our responsibility to utilize this gadget effectively.
Long Essay on Television – 500 Words
“Science is simply the word we use to describe a method of organizing our curiosity” ~ Tim Minchin
The contribution of science towards our society is marvellous. It has truly helped us discover a lot of beautiful things in this world. Science has made our lives all the more comfortable and peaceful. Out of all the significant inventions in the scientific field, television is undoubtedly one of the most fascinating ones. It has revolutionized the way we live today. People have incorporated it as part and parcel of their lives.
History of Television
Television encompasses a variety of things which is accessible to the customers. Starting from movies to music videos, television has both informative and educative properties to it. The onset of wireless sparked the experiments for creating a product like television. It was finally developed by a Scottish scientist named J.L Baird in the year 1926.
The very first center for television in India was established in the year 1951. However, it took a while to initiate the public broadcast successfully. The original television which was promoted in our country was a black & white version. Eventually, it was replaced by the colour television, and its promotion escalated since 1982.
Features of Television
Television as a word originates from Ancient Greek. It comprises of two words “tele” meaning far and “vision” meaning sight. Some of the frequently used acronyms for television include telly, TV, tube, etc.
Throughout these years, many variants of this product have been manufactured. Nowadays, TV comes in a variety of features, sizes, and price ranges. However, some of its predominant characteristics include:
- It is an audio-visual medium which means a typical TV has both sound and sight.
- TV is a platform that incorporates multiple forms of media.
- It is a highly credible mass communication medium that has connected the entire world in a big loop.
- It has influenced us by widening our ability to perceive.
- TV is known as a magic box because of its ability to fascinate millions of people.
- The shows which TV exhibits such as glamour, popular personalities, and fashion attract a huge target audience.
- TV is something that brings a family together.
- It is a crucial platform for advertising. Businessmen rely on TV to reach a greater audience and hike their sales.
- Most of all, it is an important medium for reporting information regarding the latest events.
Importance of Television
The importance of television cannot be undermined. TV is an incredible source of information for the common man. Moreover, it is a great tool for learning especially for children. It covers numerous aspects of our daily life. These include current happenings, sports, weather reports, information regarding a certain crime, and most of all, entertainment.
Enjoying the liberty of staying home and procuring all this valuable information is possible because of the television. On top of that, it provides us with the option of shifting from one channel to another. Besides, TV has always been a great platform to develop our vocabulary skills.
Impact of Television
Programs which offer motivational content helps us evolve as an individual. Television widens the mental horizon and drives us towards acquiring more knowledge and wisdom. The right choice of programs can also help us explore different cultures. Though TV has many advantages, it has its fair share of disadvantages as well. Some of the negative impacts of television include:
- People watching TV for too long are prone to vision-related issues.
- TV curbs physical activity and is one of the reasons for obesity amongst kids.
- TV owes to the lack of efficient social interaction.
- It affects our cognitive abilities and behaviour.
- It can corrupt the mindset of the children.
Television is a remarkable discovery in our contemporary world. It has shaped our lives and improved our standard of living. We must be responsible enough to use this gadget in moderation.
10 Lines Essay on Television
- Television is a device that enables us to watch our favourite movies and shows.
- This audio-visual component was invented in 1926.
- A Scottish scientist named J.L. Baird invented the colour television.
- Television plays a major role in our lives.
- It is one of the cheapest forms of entertainment in our home.
- With its help, we get information regarding all the corners of the world.
- Various television sets like CRT, LCD, LED, and OLED are nowadays available to us.
- The latest versions of smart televisions can access multiple shows via the internet.
- The television industry in India is vast, containing more than 850 channels.
- I love watching movies on the television.