TISSNET 2021: TISSNET Application Form is already out from 3rd December 2020. TISSNET, a university level entrance test is conducted by the Tata Institute of Social Science (TISS) to offer admission into various 55 Master’s Degree Programmes such as MA, M.Sc., M.P.H., M.H.A etc. The admissions are offered in various campuses located in Mumbai, Hyderabad, Guwahati, MHAT Calicut, Tuljapur, Chennai, Nagaland, etc. This article focuses on essential details regarding TISSNET 2021, such as examination dates, application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, etc.
TISSNET 2021 Exam Date
The below tabular column is regarding TISSNET Exam Date:
|Application form release||3rd December 2020|
|Deadline to submit online application||15th January 2021|
|Deadline to submit the application through post||20th January 2021|
|Admit card availability||1st week of February 2021|
|TISSNET 2021 Examination||20th February 2021|
|Result announcement||Last week of February 2021|
|Pre Interview Examination & Personal Interview||—|
|Merit list publication||—|
|Uploading document by online and fee submission by the selected candidates||—|
|Declaration of 1st wait list (for all programmes)||—|
|Uploading document by online and fee submission by the selected candidates from wait list 1||—|
|Original document verification and fee submission||—|
TISSNET 2021 Application Form
Main instructions regarding the TISSNET Application Form are given in the below section:
- TISSNET 2021 application form can be obtained through online mode from 3rd December 2020.
- Candidates failing to get the form from online mode can purchase the form from the institute.
- Deadline to submit the form via online mode is till 15th January 2021 and 20th January 2021 for submission by post.
- Candidates can choose only three programmes at any two of the TISS & other campuses.
- Candidates can apply for various programmes and are expected to pay for each programme separately.
- An error-free application must be submitted, and submission of more than one form shall be discarded.
- Candidates must take the hard copy of the filled application form and send the certain fee along with the form through the post to the below-mentioned address.
Assistant Registrar (Academic),
Tata Institute of Social Sciences,
Deoner Mumbai, 400088
Submission of application fee – online and offline mode.
|Payment mode||Category type||Number of Programmes|
|Online payment – credit card/debit card/net banking||General category||1030||2060||3090|
|SC/ ST/ OBC/ NCL category||260||520||780|
|Cash Deposit by challan at any SBI branch||General category||1000||2000||3000|
|SC/ ST/ OBC/ NCL category||250||500||750|
TISSNET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Applying candidates must meet the TISSNET 2021 eligibility criteria:
- Candidates must hold a 3-year or 4 -year bachelors or equivalent degree.
- No age criteria are levied for the applying candidates.
- Candidates applying for LL.M must hold a qualified LL.B degree with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks from any acknowledged board or university.
- Final year graduation candidates can also apply for TISSNET 2021.
TISSNET 2021 Exam Pattern
The instructions regarding the TISSNET Exam Pattern are disclosed below:
- TISSNET 2021 examination shall be supervised through online mode (computer-based).
- The question paper is drafted with 100 multiple choice questions in English medium that are to be completed in 1 hour 40 minutes.
- The paper shall cover topics from Logical Reasoning, Analytical Ability, General Knowledge and English Proficiency.
Mark distribution in each subject:
|National common written test||100|
|Pre- Interview Test/ GD||50|
|Personal Interview (PI)||75|
TISSNET 2021 Syllabus
TISSNET syllabus includes various topics under which the questions shall be asked for the examination. The syllabus covers General Awareness, English Proficiency, Logical Reasoning and Mathematics.
- General Awareness: Environment & ecology, Labour, Sports, Politics, Sports, economy, etc.
- English Proficiency: Verbal Ability (VA) and Reading Comprehension.
- Logical Reasoning: Alphabet series, logical connectivity, Venn diagrams, Puzzles, cubes etc.
- Mathematics: Algebra, profit & loss, percentage, ratio & proportion, percentage, etc.
TISSNET 2021 Preparation Tips
- Prepare a time table considering the syllabus and exam pattern.
- Learn from recommended author’s books and study materials.
- Watch online tutorials or any other online resources in case of doubts in concepts.
- Solve previous year question papers and mock tests every day.
- Take multiple breaks in between your hectic schedule to relax your mind.
- Try to wake up early morning, which is a perfect study time.
- Hydrate yourself now and then to keep your mind and body fresh.
TISSNET 2021 Admit Card
TISSNET Admit card can be downloaded from the website through online mode in 1st week of February 2021 by giving the login credentials as input, i.e. registered mail ID & phone number. All the appearing candidates must bring the admit card for the examination. No candidate shall be allowed inside the exam hall without the admit card and the valid ID proof (Aadhaar card, driving license, etc.)
TISSNET 2021 Result
TISSNET Result can be viewed in the last week of February 2021 through online mode by giving the login credentials as input. The result shall be in a scorecard format enclosing all the details such as candidate’s name, roll no., marks secured in every subject, total aggregate score, percentage and result status (as pass or fail). Shortlisting of candidates depends on the marks secured by the candidates in the entrance exam.
TISSNET 2021 Cut-off
The cut-off is the minimum qualifying marks necessary for the candidates to clear the examination. TISSNET Cut-off is presumed to be 45% for general category and 35% for reserved category. Various deciding factors contribute to cut-off namely, no. of candidates appeared in the exam, total marks, previous year cut-off, etc. If two or more candidates are holding the same mark, then TISS shall compare their performances at various levels to resolve tie-breaking.
TISSNET Admission Procedure
TISSNET 2021 Admission procedure is segregated into two levels – Group discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) round/ Pre- Interview Test (PIT). The selected candidates shall be sent for both rounds. The GD & PI round shall test the candidate’s fundamental knowledge about the applied subject. Some programmes shall include GD or Aptitude Test (AT) as a part of the PIT. Candidates must be present at the allocated institute with the required documents.