The term Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission is better known as TNPSC. It is an authorized body having a right to recruit eligible candidates for the different positions in the state of Tamil Nadu like Agricultural Officer, Civil Judge, etc. The interesting thing is that this commission publishes the notification for the Tamil Nadu Civil Services Exam every year.
Hence, if you are interested to get a government job in the state of Tamil Nadu, then this post is especially for you as from it, you will able to know about the procedure to apply TNPSC exam 2019. Besides, you will able to know about the exam pattern and syllabus that will help you to clear this civil service exam this year. At the end of this article, you will find out the tactics as well that will help you to crack this exam even in the first attempt.
TNPSC 2019 Exam Dates
For Agricultural Officer
|Notification Date||May 3, 2018|
|Start Date of online application||3rd May 2019|
|End Date of online application||2nd June 2019|
|Last Date to submit Application Date||June 4, 2018|
|Paper 1 Exam Date||14th July 2019|
|Paper 2 Exam Date||14th July 2019|
For Civil Judge
|Notification Date||9th April 2018|
|Start Date of online application||9th April 2018|
|Last Date of online application||7th May 2018|
|Last Date to submit Application Date||9th May 2018|
|Preliminary Exam Date||9th June 2018|
|Main Exam Date||11th – 12th August 2018|
|Admit Card Date||Will be updated later|
|Result Date||Will be updated later|
For the Drug Inspector and Junior Analyst
|Start Date of application submission||12th April 2019|
|Last Date to submit application form||12th May 2019|
|Last date to submit an application fee||14th May 2019|
|Exam Date||23rd June 2019|
TNPSC 2019 Exam Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility Based on Educational Qualification
- The interested candidates have a graduate degree in Agriculture (B.Sc Agriculture) or the equivalent qualification awarded by any college or University or Institution recognized by the University Grants Commission.
- The eligible candidates must be aware of Tamil language
- For candidates need to get recruited in the posts like Advocates/Pleaders and Assistant Public Prosecutors must have a degree in Law or LLB from a university recognized by the UGC and enrolled in the Bar Council of Tamil Nadu or any other State AND must be an Assistant Public Prosecutor along with 3 years of experience as an Advocate or Assistant Public Prosecutor OR must be practising as an Advocate/Pleader for last three years in any Court Notification date.
- For candidates need to get posted as Fresh Law Graduates, must have a fresh Law Graduate possessing a degree in Law from a recognized University and eligible to be enrolled as an advocate. Besides, he must have a Bachelor’s Degree of Law within a period of 3 years prior to the date of notification. If a candidate belongs to ST, MBC/DC, SC, SC (A), BC (OBCM) and BCMs, then he must have scored 45% marks in his bachelor degree and if the degree is from the Open University, then the percentage will be 50%.
Age Limit for other candidates
|Age limit as per category||Maximum Age|
|For SCs, BC(OBCM)s, BCMs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, and Destitute Widows of all castes||No Age Limit|
|Others||For candidates who have completed B.Sc (Agriculture), the age limit will be 30 years|
For candidates who have completed M.Sc (Agriculture) or PhD in Agriculture, the age limit will be 32 years.
Age Limit for Advocates/Pleaders and Assistant Public Prosecutors and Fresh Law Graduates
|Practising Advocates/Pleaders and Assistant Public Prosecutors||For SC, BC, BCM, SC (A), ST, MBC/DC, and Destitute Widows of all castes.||25-40 Years|
|Fresh Law Graduates||Valid for all Categories||22-27 Years|
- For Differently abled persons: The maximum age relaxation will be of 10 years
- For ex-serviceman: The maximum age relaxation will be once they reached at 48 years.
TNPSC Exam 2019 Application form
To attempt the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission, it is compulsory to fill up the application form. Kindly note that, at the time of filling up the application form of this civil service exam, the candidates should take the help of online mode. To fill up the application form, kindly follow the below-written steps:
- Open the official website of TNPSC
- Select and download the application form
- Fill up all options carefully
- Upload all requested documents along with your passport size photo and scanned signature.
- Finally, submit the application fee and take the printout of the same for future reference.
Kindly note that for an online Application form of this civil service exam, the candidates have to first register with its official website by creating an account, which will be used for all the further process in the exam as well. Hence, make sure to save the user id and password.
The candidates can pay their application fee by using online and offline mode. For paying the fee through online mode, the candidates have to pay Rs. 150 by using Debit card/credit card/internet banking.
For paying the application fee through offline mode, the candidates have to pay Rs. 200 by using Demand Draft/Postal Order (SBI/Indian Bank) within 2 days in case of Civil Judge and Assistant Engineer.
There will be a concession on the application fee for candidates coming in the category like SC, BC, BCM, SC (A), ST, MBC/DC, and Destitute Widows. The candidates who are claiming a concession should have evidence for such claims, else their request will not be approved.
TNPSC Admit Exam 2019
Before attempting the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission exam, the interested candidates are deemed to download the Admit card for the preliminary exam and Mains examination. To download the admit cards, the candidates are considered to take the help of the official web portal of this commission.
In addition, the admit card can issue before weeks of the examination date, but it is mandatory to download it before stepping inside the examination hall. The candidates without having a admit card will not endow to attempt this civil service exam.
TNSPC Exam Pattern
For Agricultural Officer
Objective Type or OMR Method
|Paper-I (200 questions)|
Subject name: Agriculture
|Paper-II: General Studies|
(Total: 100 questions)
Subject name: General Studies
Subject name: Aptitude and Mental Ability
For Civil Judge Posts
There will be two exams- Preliminary and Interview
The Preliminary exam will have Objective Type or OMR Method:
|Sections||Subjects Name||Duration||Total Marks|
|A||Commercial Acts, Civil Procedure, Constitution, TN Regulation||2 Hours||100 Marks|
Main Exam: This exam will have Descriptive Type of questions
|Section||Subjects Name||Duration||Total Marks|
|Translation Paper||Tamil to English and vice-versa||3 Hours||100|
|Law Paper I||Civil and Criminal Procedure||3 Hours||100|
|Law Paper II||Framing of Issues||3 Hours||100|
|Law Paper III||Framing of Charges||3 Hours||100|
|Interview Test||Mental alertness, knowledge of the law, ethics, attitude, etc||60 Marks|
Syllabus of TNPSC Exam
There will be different syllabus for different like Agricultural officer, Civil judge post, etc. Hence, the eligible candidates need to download syllabus accordingly their categories.
Tips to crack Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission Exam
If you are seeking some ways to crack Tamil Nadu civil service exam in the first attempt, then you should follow the below-mentioned tactics that would help you to grab your goals easily.
- Focus on all concepts will help you to crack every question. Try to complete the whole syllabus, thereby you would confidently attempt your question paper.
- Make sure to revise the whole syllabus at least once or twice as it will help you to overcome the queries who would have detected while learning process.
- Try to solve the question papers of the last 5-10 years. It will help you know about the exam pattern, weight given to each question as well as difficulty level. You can download the previous year questions papers.
- Depend on self-study as much as you can as it would help you complete the whole concepts within times.
Good luck to all candidates going to attempt the Tamil Nadu civil service exam this year. All the necessary information has added in the above article. If you would have any query, then you can ask it in the following mentioned comment box.