Mumbai, also known as the “City of Dreams,” is home to several beautiful gardens where residents and visitors can relax and unwind. While there is no specific “Hanging Garden” in Mumbai, there is a popular garden called the “Hanging Gardens” or “Pherozeshah Mehta Gardens” that offers stunning views of the city.
List of Top 10 Hanging Gardens in Mumbai
Here are the top 10 gardens in Mumbai worth exploring:
- Hanging Gardens (Pherozeshah Mehta Gardens): Located in Malabar Hill, Hanging Gardens is known for its lush greenery, beautiful flower beds, and terraced lawns. It offers panoramic views of the Arabian Sea and the cityscape of South Mumbai.
- Jijamata Udyan (Victoria Gardens): Situated in Byculla, Jijamata Udyan is Mumbai’s oldest zoo and botanical garden. It features a wide variety of flora, fauna, and recreational spaces.
- Horniman Circle Gardens: Located in the Fort area of Mumbai, Horniman Circle Gardens is a historical park with a central green space, surrounded by impressive colonial-era buildings. It is a popular spot for relaxation and outdoor activities.
- Kamala Nehru Park: Situated in Malabar Hill, Kamala Nehru Park is known for its iconic “Old Woman’s Shoe” sculpture. It offers a pleasant environment, manicured lawns, and a panoramic view of the city.
- Shivaji Park: Located in Dadar, Shivaji Park is Mumbai’s largest public park and a popular gathering place for sports activities, cultural events, and recreational pursuits.
- Sanjay Gandhi National Park: Situated in the northern part of Mumbai, the Sanjay Gandhi National Park is a sprawling green space that offers opportunities for wildlife viewing, hiking, and nature trails.
- Five Gardens: Located in Matunga, Five Gardens is a cluster of five interconnected gardens: Welingkar Garden, Makhdoom Garden, Mehta Garden, Nanalal D. Mehta Garden, and Sambhaji Garden. It provides a serene atmosphere and a variety of flowering plants.
- Priyadarshini Park: Situated in Nepean Sea Road, Priyadarshini Park is known for its well-maintained lawns, jogging tracks, and a view of the Arabian Sea.
- Joggers Park: Located in Bandra, Joggers Park is a popular recreational space that offers jogging tracks, lush greenery, and a serene environment.
- Maharashtra Nature Park: Situated in Mahim, Maharashtra Nature Park is a man-made eco-friendly park that promotes biodiversity conservation and environmental awareness. It features a variety of flora and fauna, along with nature trails and bird-watching opportunities.
These gardens in Mumbai provide a welcome respite from the bustling city life and offer a chance to reconnect with nature. Whether it’s for a leisurely stroll, a picnic, or simply enjoying the green surroundings, these gardens contribute to the city’s beauty and charm.
You May Also Like