TPSC 2021: The full form of TPSC is Tripura Public Service Commission. TPSC conducts the Civil Services Examination for the state of Tripura. The combined services for which recruitment is done jointly are the Tripura Civil Service under Grade II and Tripura Police Service under Grade II or also designated as Group A services. This article gives detail information about TPSC 2021 notification that includes exam date, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, application process, admit card, result and more.
TPSC 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- Nationality: The candidate must be a citizen of India
- Educational Qualification: Candidates who have attained a bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification from a university that is recognized by the government of India.
- Age Limit: The minimum age criteria is 21 years, and the maximum is 40 years
- Age Relaxation: Below we have provided category wise age relaxation:
- SC/ST – relaxation of 5 years in upper age limit.
- Physically Disabled candidates – 5 years in the upper age limit.
- Government servants – 5 years in upper age limit.
- Number of Attempts: There is ‘No’ specific cap on the number of attempts, as mentioned by the commission.
TPSC 2021 Application Form
Application to the TPSC exam is to be made only in ONLINE mode. There is also a pre-requirement by the commission for all candidates who wish to appear for the exam – one time profile registration. In this process, all candidates shall register themselves by entering relevant details on the official website. The step by step TPSC application process is given below.
- Visit the official website – tpsc.nic.in
- On the online application portal, candidates have to first register themselves with valid login id/password.
- After registration, click on the ‘Online Application’ link to apply for the desired post.
- Enter all relevant details in the application form.
- Upload a scanned photograph and signature of the candidate.
- Pay the relevant fee.
- Submit the application form.
- Save/ print a copy of the submitted application form.
The application fee can be paid in two modes – Online or Offline. In the online mode of fee payment, candidates can pay the requisite fee via debit card/ credit card or through online banking. In offline mode, the fee can be remitted at any SBI branch within the state of Tripura, and a challan an acknowledgement can be obtained for the same. This challan number can then be entered in the online application form. The application fee for various categories of candidates are as mentioned below:
- General Merit – INR 200 (For Group A posts)
- SC/ST candidates – INR 150
- BPL and Physically Disabled candidates – INR 150
TPSC 2021 Exam Pattern
The TPSC exam consists of three rounds, namely, the prelims, mains followed by the interview.
- Objective type of paper with multiple-choice questions
- There is only one paper to attempt.
- The General Studies Paper carrying 200 marks will be conducted for two and a half hours.
Mains Exam Pattern
- The main exam consists of 5 compulsory papers and 3 optional papers.
- The 5 compulsory papers are English Essay, English Composition, Bengali Language, General Knowledge, and The Constitution of India and the Five Years Plan
- All papers are elaborate and descriptive in nature.
- Candidates can select 3 papers from the list of 50 optional papers presented in the list displayed on the official website.
- Each compulsory paper is conducted for a duration of three hours for a maximum of 100 marks.
- Each optional paper is conducted for duration of three hours for maximum of 100 marks.
- Total marks of mains round are 800 marks.
- The personal interview is conducted for 100 marks.
- The qualification of the candidate, his interpersonal skills, and communication skills are taken into the main fore during the interview round.
- The candidate’s choice of optional subjects is also tested during this round.
TPSC 2021 Syllabus
Below we have provided Tripura Civil Service Syllabus 2021 in detail.
- English essay paper and composition type
- Current affairs and general knowledge
- History of India and Indian national movement
- Geography of India and Geography of Tripura in particular
- Indian economy and polity related topics
- Budget making and fiscal policies
- General knowledge of India and international relations.
- Numerical ability and Math’s reasoning.
- English Essay: Report writing, Letter writing, Precise writing
- English Composition: Comprehension, Sentence alteration/ modification/ completion, Synonyms and antonyms, Idioms and verbs, Paragraph writing, etc.
- Bengali Language: Composition, Essay writing, Translation, Grammar
- General Knowledge: Gk of Tripura and India, General Science and EVS, Arithmetic and Math-based questions, Sports field, IT development and knowledge of computers, Current affairs, General aptitude test, etc.
- Constitution of India: The Preamble to our constitution, Planning commission, Budget making and planning ,World Bank, IMF and related organizations and relation with India
- General knowledge
- Current affairs
- Local knowledge of Tripura state
- Domicile knowledge of the candidate
- Optional subject-based questions
- Questions related to assess one’s interpersonal skills, personality skills, and suitability to the job.
TPSC 2021 Admit Card
All candidates who apply for the Tripura Civil Service Exam can download the e-admit card from the official website. The steps to be followed to download the admit card is as follows:
- Visit the official website – tpsc.nic.in
- Click on the link to download the e-admit card
- The window opens wherein you will be prompted to click the appropriate link that will open n the admission certificate of the relevant exam.
- Enter your registration number, date of birth, and other relevant details.
- Download the admit card.
TPSC 2021 Cut off
The commission decides the cut off marks. At its discretion, it may tend to set the cut off marks for particular papers or all papers or taking the total (aggregate) marks into consideration. Also, the cut off marks as decided by the commission shall be disclosed after the results display on the official website. Candidates have to score well above the cut off marks to qualify in the exam.
TPSC 2021 Result
TPSC Result can be downloaded after every announcement made respectively after every round of exam. The step by step process to check result is given below.
- Visit the official website.
- Go to the results section.
- Click on the relevant exam link to find results correspondingly.
- Enter the registration number and date of birth to obtain results.
- Enter any other details requested ( like captcha code etc.)
- Obtain results.
- Results can be downloaded/ print copy taken for future references.
TPSC 2021 Preparation Tips
- Many questions appear from previous year papers. So, detailed reference to last year’s question papers will give you a quick vision about what to study for the exam and what important things are required for the exam to clear it with high scores.
- Understand the type of questions and the number of questions that can be expected from a certain section of topics.
- Do not waste time unnecessarily on topics that do not seem too important.
- When analyzing topics for your study, try to list out your core strengths and weaknesses. Identify where you need to put your focus on to improve in certain areas. Try to localise issues and avoid last-minute postponement of preparation.
- Start your preparation at least 8 to 9 months in advance. You should balance your preparation between prelims and mains and not focus only on prelims.
- Prelims consist of just one paper, and there is enough preparation needed for mains. So you can begin with mains and then come back to prelims.
- Taking a mock test at least ten days before the actual exam shall work out well for the exam preparation.
- Coaching center enrolment is optional and not compulsory. But is you aim for higher marks, coaching may be recommended in many cases.
Best Books for TPSC 2021 Preparation
- General Knowledge series by Tarun Goyal
- General Science Encyclopedia by Arihant Publications
- Quantitative Aptitude by R S Aggarwal
- Arithmetic Series by Jain and Sharma
- Competition Success by Siddhartha Das
- Competition in Focus by Arihant Publications
- NCERT e-books