Uttarakhand Public Service Commission also is known as UKPSC. It is an authorised commission directed by the Uttarakhand Government to recruit the candidates for the different government positions in the state of Uttarakhand and its associated areas. Those who have already completed their graduation can take part in this recruitment examination.
The fact is, the government sector is well-recommended as the selected candidates would experience all the perks that they are dreaming. They would able to get a good amount of salary, medical allowances, leave travel concession, house allowances, etc. Hence, if you are seeking to become the part of the government sector, then take the help of this exam as it is a right way to grab a government in the states of Uttarakhand and its nearby regions.
In this article, candidates can get complete information about the application form, exam dates, exam pattern, eligibilities, admit card, syllabus and preparation tips. In a case, you would need information then you can log in at the official web portal of this commission i.e. ukpsc.gov.in
UKPSC 2019 Exam Dates
|Start date of UKPSC online application||28th December 2018|
|Last date of Application||28th January 2019|
|Admit Card Download||Will update soon|
|Exam Date (Prelims)||Will update soon|
|Preliminary Exam Result||Will update soon|
|Main Exam Date||Will update soon|
|Main Exam Result||Will update soon|
|Interview date||Will update soon|
|Final Merit List||Will update soon|
UKPSC Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility as per Nationality
- The interested candidates should be Indian citizens.
Eligibility as per Educational Qualification
- The candidates should have completed Bachelor’s Degree from recognised institute or university.
- The candidates may have a degree in relevant trade and for teacher/ lecturer posts. If so, then an additional B.Ed degree is required. Moreover, having a master’s degree will be appreciated.
- For the post of District information officer or a Feature writer, the candidates must obtain a degree in graduation with Hindi as a compulsory subject.
- For the post of Sahayak Nagar Niyojak, the candidates must have a diploma in Town and architect planning or associate membership of Institute of planner or institute of town planner or institute of town planner India or American Institute of town.
- The students wait for their result will also eligible to apply for the same but for this, they have a letter where it has written that you have passed out the said examination. Moreover, it should be got stamped and signed by the authorisation officer.
Eligibility as per Age Limit
The age of interested candidates should be between 21 years to 40 years. It means they should be born after 1998 and not before 1979 as on 01-01-2019. Moreover, candidates belong to PH category, would get an age limit between 21 years to 55 years. Moreover, there are more age relaxations as per the government rules, details are given below:-
|ST (Scheduled tribe)/SC (Scheduled caste)/OBC (Other Background Classes)||5 Years|
|The staff of the Basic Shiksha Parishad|
|Skilled players of Classified Games|
|The staff of the Government Aided Madhyamik Vidyalayas|
|Physically Handicapped (PH) Candidates||15 Years|
|Emergency Commissioned Officers||Accordingly Govt. Rule|
|Ex-Army Personnel of U.P|
|Short Service Commissioned Officers|
|D.F.F. Candidates||No Age Relaxation|
Application form of UKPSC Exam 2019
Once the application form would get released, the eligible candidates should fill up all the information requested within the form like personal information, about educational qualifications, instructional info and so forth.
It should be noted that that incomplete or wrong information written on the application form will not consider valid for the future process. Therefore, the candidates are requested to check every point properly before submitting their application form.
Moreover, once completed with all the basic information, the succeeding step will be uploading of the latest photograph and signature and finally, submission of an application fee will be done.
The application fee should be given payable through Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking and it will be non-refundable. The application fee for Uttarakhand PCS exam 2019:
- For the candidates belonging to SC (Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe) and PhD (Handicapped), the application fee will be Rs. 60/
- For the candidates belonging to General category, the application fee will be Rs. 150/
Moreover, Kindly note that the successful submission of a Uttarakhand Public Service Commission exam 2019 application form is imperative to get your’ admit cards (for Preliminary and Main exam). In some cases, the candidates are in a hurry which makes them not able to check whether the application form has submitted successfully or not.
In such case, due to some error, an application form may get struck which results in non-submission. Therefore, until you get a notification or acknowledgement of the same, don’t proceed further or consider you have done your application process accurately.
UKPSC Admit Card 2019
Worthless to say that admit card is a mandatory document. Every candidate going to attempt any civil service exam including Uttarakhand Public Service Commission exam 2019 must carry their admit card. The candidates without admit card will not endow to sit in the examination hall. Hence, whenever, notification of an admit card released by the commission, the candidates are recommended to download it as well as take the hard copy of the same.
There will be two admit cards. First, the candidates would able to download an admit card for their Preliminary exam and if they would able to clear this exam, only then can able to download an admit card for the Main exam. Moreover, for downloading admit cards, the candidates need to log in again at the official web portal of this commission.
UKPSC Exam Pattern
There will 3 rounds to clear this civil service exam. The candidates need to clear all three to get a government job. The level of this exam is determined by the Uttarakhand Government.
1. Preliminary exam
2. Main exam
3. Interview or Personality test
In the preliminary level test, there will two objective types of question papers. The marks that would score from the Preliminary exam would not get added while calculating the final output. But this exam is significant to clear to get an entry in the next level i.e. Main exam.
|Subjects||Total Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|General Studies||150 (1 marks per question)||150||2 Hours|
|General Knowledge Exam||100 (1.5 marks per question)||150||2 Hours|
The main exam is the second round and there will be different admit card to attempt it. There will be a total of 7 question papers asked and language question papers will have 300 marks. The marks that would score from the Main exam would not get added while calculating the final output. Therefore, the students should have carefully attempted this exam because they should achieve the required cutoff.
|2||Indian History, National Movement, Social & Culture||200|
|3||Indian Administration, Social Justice & International Relations||200|
|4||India & World Geography||200|
|5||Economic & Social Development||200|
|6||General Science & Technology||200|
|7||General Interest & Conduct Science||200|
The interview will be the last round of this exam. It will be conducted by the officers appointed by this commission. The total marks of the interview will be 200. Kindly note, after completing this round, the final result will declare.
To download the syllabus of this civil service exam, kindly take the official website of UKPSC.
The result of Uttarakhand PSC 2019
For checking out the result, the candidates would again need to take the help of the official web portal of UKPSC.
How to crack the Uttarakhand Public Service Commission exam in your first attempt?
There are many ways to crack this Uttarakhand civil service exam even in your first attempt.
- The candidates are recommended a timetable where they have a schedule of the syllabus as well as duration left for the UKPSC exam 2019.
- Make sure to take the help of previous year question papers as well as a mock test because these will help you to know about the UKPSC exam pattern and marks given to each question. Moreover, with it, you would able to analyze you.
- Make sure to take the help of self-study as it is the best tactic to complete the whole syllabus within the time.
- Revise the concepts again and again. Therefore, in your exam day, you can confidently solve the questions.
- Be confident throughout the preparation process as well as at the time of attempting the exam.
Still, you need more information you can send your query in the comment box available downside.
May God help you qualifying this exam!