UP Scholarship 2021: The state of UP is one of India’s leading states in terms of education and literacy contribution. There are more than two lakhs of schools run by both government and private sector establishments. The state of UP enjoyed classical status more so because of its contribution to the literary world from eminent writers and poets from time immemorial. Uttar Pradesh scholarships are offered to different categories of candidates – General Merit/ SC/ST/ OBC and many more. This article gives detail information about UP Scholarship 2021, including the last date to apply, eligibility criteria, application form process, documents required, selection procedure, application status, renewal, rewards and benefits.
UP Scholarship 2021 – Apply @ scholarship.up.gov.in
|Provided by||Uttar Pradesh Government|
|Scholarship Name||UP Scholarship|
|Mode of Application Form||Online|
|Download Notification||Pre Matric | Post Matric|
|Customer Care Numbers||0522-2209270, 0522-2288861, 0522-2286199|
UP Scholarship – The Complete List
The complete list of scholarships that are available under the UP state government are given below. Each scholarship is sponsored by a different provider from the state government and should be applied at different time periods of the year. All these details have been enlisted here in the table below:
|Scholarship Name||Availability Period|
|Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC/ST/General||July – September|
|Post Matric Intermediate Scholarship for SC/ST/ General||July – November|
|Post Matric Scholarship for SC/ST/ General (excluding intermediate)||July – November|
|Post Matric Scholarship for SC/ST/ General (other state)||July – November|
|Pre-Matric Scholarship for minority communities||July – September|
|Post-Matric Scholarship for minority communities (excluding intermediate)||July – November|
|Post-Matric Scholarship for minority communities (for intermediate level)||July – November|
|Pre-Matric Scholarship for OBC candidates||July – September|
|Post-Matric Scholarship for OBC candidates (for intermediate level)||July – November|
|Post-Matric Scholarship for OBC candidates (excluding intermediate)||July – November|
UP Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
With respect to the above-cited scholarships, candidates should kindly note that each scholarship has its own set of eligibility conditions and we have presented all of them below:
|Scholarship Name||Eligibility Criteria|
|Pre-matric Scholarship for SC/ST/General|
|Post matric Intermediate Scholarship for SC/ST/ General|
|Post matric Scholarship for SC/ST/ General (excluding intermediate)|
|Post matric Scholarship for SC/ST/ General (other state)|
|Pre-matric Scholarship for minority communities|
|Post-matric Scholarship for minority communities (excluding intermediate)|
|Post-matric Scholarship for minority communities (for intermediate level)|
|Pre-matric Scholarship for OBC candidates|
|Post-matric Scholarship for OBC candidates (for intermediate level)|
|Post-matric Scholarship for OBC candidates (excluding intermediate)|
How To Apply For UP Scholarship?
The UP government follows the ONLINE system of scholarship grants for students. It is to enable easy access to information, thereby ensuring a smooth and hassle-free process for the students and parents to seek reimbursement of fees as well as award scholarship thereby. Candidates should note the time frame during which a particular scholarship shall be applicable and apply for the desired application only in that specified time.
- Visit the official website – [scholarship.up.gov.in]
- Go to the ‘STUDENT’ section and click on ‘NEW REGISTRATION’ under the same section
- Find out the scholarship that suits your eligibility and educational requirements and click on ‘APPLY.’
- This section only has minimal details to be filled for registration.
- Click on the ‘SUBMIT’ button to further process the registration form.
- Save the registration copy/ print the same for future references.
2. Student Login
- Enter your registration id/password along with your date of birth to login into the website.
- You have two options – either as a fresh applicant or for renewal of application.
- Select the correct option accordingly.
- In any case, you need to read all instructions carefully before filling up the application form.
- After you’ve gone through all instructions carefully, click on the ‘PROCEED’ button to enter further into the application form section.
3. Scholarship Application Form Filling
- After registering and successfully logging into this section, enter the application form filling area. Go to the ‘FILL IN APPLICATION FORM’ section.
- Enter other details requested in the form, as this is mainly for the application for the scholarship.
- After entering all details correctly, click on the ‘SUBMIT’ button.
4. Uploading Scanned Documents
- Upload a scanned photograph of the candidate.
- Upload a scanned copy of the signature of the candidate.
- Upload any other documents as requested to support your candidature.
5. Online Form Submission
- Cross-check all details entered.
- Details once entered cannot be re-entered/rectified after form submission.
- Submit the form ONLINE only. There are no other means to submit the form.
6. Submitting Hard Copy of Application Form
- After successfully submitting the form ONLINE, take a hard copy print out of the same.
- This copy should be submitted at the educational institution where the candidate is studying currently.
- Along with the copy, submit relevant supporting documents too that were submitted online with the scholarship form.
List of Required Documents
All applications shall be supported by relevant documents to be submitted by the candidate during the ONLINE form submission process. Also, candidates who fail to submit relevant documents with their applications shall be informed that such applications would not be processed further and application considered invalid.
- Address proof of the candidate – Voter Id/ Aadhaar card/ Ration Card/ PAN card/ Driving license/ Passport etc.
- Identity proof of the candidate
- Passport photo of the candidate
- Caste certificate for candidates who belong to SC/ST/OBC/minorities
- Income certificate for economically backward classes
- Domicile certificate to mention the current place of stay of the candidate
- Mark sheets from the respective educational institution
- Bank passbook to provide account details of the candidate
- Fee receipt of the current year of study given by the respective educational institution.
How To Check UP Scholarship Status?
Once candidates submit their application form, they can check their status on the website to find out if they would be granted the scholarship or not. For this, they have to login into the official website using a valid registration id/password and follow the below-given steps:
- Locate the ‘STATUS’ tab on the website and click on it.
- Enter your registration number and date of birth.
- Next to the application that you have made, click on the SEARCH button.
- The current status of your application shall be displayed.
- Save the data for future reference or take a print copy of the same.
UP Scholarship Rewards and Benefits
The rewards and benefits in the form of scholarship amount shall be disbursed to the candidate who has been successfully allotted a scheme. Candidates shall receive benefit from the UP state government based on the class he is studying currently and also based on the class or category to which he belongs to.
|Scholarship Name||Scholarship Award|
|Pre-matric scholarship for SC/ST/General||Variable financial award|
|Post matric Intermediate Scholarship for SC/ST/ General||Variable financial award|
|Post matric Scholarship for SC/ST/ General (excluding intermediate)||Variable financial award|
|Post matric Scholarship for SC/ST/ General (other state)||Variable financial award|
|Pre-matric Scholarship for minority communities||Variable financial award|
|Post-matric Scholarship for minority communities (excluding intermediate)||Variable financial award|
|Post-matric Scholarship for minority communities (for intermediate level)||Variable financial award|
|Pre-matric Scholarship for OBC candidates||Variable financial award|
|Post-matric Scholarship for OBC candidates (for intermediate level)||Variable financial award|
|Post-matric Scholarship for OBC candidates (excluding intermediate)||Variable financial award|
UP Scholarship – Important Instructions
- All candidates need to present correct details in the application form and submit it with relevant documents, failing which the application shall be deemed to be invalid.
- The UP government provides equal opportunities to candidates belonging to all sections and classes of society, and there is no discrimination whatsoever, provided they are studying in a government recognized educational institution.
- Candidates must provide contact information precisely; mobile numbers should be working and active.
- The hard copy of the submitted form should be given to the educational institution with relevant documents without fail.
- Candidate details must be verifiable, and only meritorious and candidates who successfully clear exams need to apply.
- Candidates are encouraged to check the official portal regularly to see the status of their application.
- Renewal process is easy too. Login into the website with accurate registration details and submit the renewal application form.
- Candidates are also advised to visit the portal frequently to be informed about any latest updates that the government may have sent across on the official website.
- Read all instructions carefully before applying for this scholarship.
UP Scholarship 2021 – FAQ’s
1. What category of students can apply to the list of UP scholarships?
Answer: These scholarships are available to all classes of students – SC/ST/General Merit/ Minority Classes and OBC students.
2. What is the scholarship amount received by students who successfully receive a scholarship?
Answer: This scholarship amount is a variable financial reward offered by the government, and it varies depending on the class and category of the student.
3. Can we apply in OFFLINE mode for the UP scholarship?
Answer: No. All applications have to be submitted ONLINE only. Hard copy of the same needs to be submitted to the educational institution without fail.
4. Can students studying in educational institutions outside UP apply for this scholarship?
Answer: No. Only students whose domicile region is within the UP state can only apply.
5. If a candidate forgot to attach documents while submitting the application form, would his application form still be processed?
Answer: An application form submitted without attaching documents shall be considered INVALID and shall not be processed any further.
6. What if the hard copy of the submitted application form is not provided by the candidate to the educational institution he is studying at?
Answer: All candidates should compulsorily provide a hard copy. Along with this, they need to attach relevant and supporting documents with the application.
7. Who offers these scholarships to students?
Answer: The Minority Welfare Department, Backward Classes Welfare Department, Tribal Welfare Department, and Samaj Kalyan Wing are responsible for the grant of these scholarships.
Customer Care Numbers: 0522-2209270, 0522-2288861, 0522-2286199
Help Line Toll-Free Numbers: 18001805131 (Backward Class Welfare), 18001805229 (Minority Welfare)