UP Scholarship 2021: Uttar Pradesh scholarships include multiple pre-matric and post-matric schemes offered to different categories of candidates – General Merit/ SC/ST/ OBC and many more. The state of UP is one of India’s leading states in terms of education and literacy contribution. There are more than two lakhs of schools run by both government and private sector establishments. This article gives detailed information about UP government scholarship 2021-22, including the last date to apply, eligibility criteria, application process, documents required, selection procedure, scholarship status, renewal, rewards, and more.
Latest Update: The online application form for UP Pre-Matric & UP Post-Matric scholarships for 2021-22 started from 23rd July 2021 & 20th July 2021. The last date to apply for both the scholarships will be 12th October and 21st October 2021, respectively.
UP Scholarship 2021 – Overview
- 1 UP Scholarship 2021 – Overview
- 2 List of UP Scholarship
- 3 UP Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- 4 How To Apply For UP Scholarship?
- 4.1 Steps to Fill Up the Online Application Form
- 4.2 UP Scholarship – Key Documents Required
- 5 How To Check UP Scholarship Status?
- 6 UP Scholarship Rewards & Benefits
- 7 UP Scholarship – Important Instructions
- 8 UP Scholarship 2021 – FAQ’s
|Provided by||Uttar Pradesh Government|
|Scholarship Name||UP Scholarship|
|Mode of Application Form||Online|
|Download Notification||Pre Matric | Post Matric|
Below we have provided, list of important dates associated with UP Scholarships 2021-22.
|Availability of Application for UP Pre-Matric Scholarships||23 July 2021 to 12 October 2021|
|Availability of Application for UP Post-Matric Scholarships||20 July 2021 to 21 October 2021|
|Timeline for correction of UP Pre-Matric Scholarships||09 November 2021 to 19 November 2021|
|Timeline for correction of UP Post-Matric Scholarships||16 November 2021 to 26 November 2021|
|Disbursement of Scholarship||27 December 2021|
Other Important Dates
|Particulars||Pre-Matric Scholarship||Post-Matric Scholarship|
|Last date to submit the hard copy of filled in application form along with necessary documents to the institution||Within 7 days of online application submission. Till 18 October 2021||Within 4 days of online application submission. Till 25 October 2021|
|Online verification of applications received by the institutions||26 July 2021 to 28 October 2021||22 July 2021 to 28 October 2021|
List of UP Scholarship
The complete list of all UP scholarships that are available is given below. Each scholarship is sponsored by a different provider from the state government and should be applied at different periods of the year.
|Scholarship Name||Availability Period|
|Pre-matric Scholarship For ST/SC/General Category, Uttar Pradesh||July – October|
|Post matric Intermediate Scholarship For ST/SC/General Category||July – October|
|Post matric (Other than Intermediate) Scholarship for ST, SC, General Category||July – October|
|Post matric Other State Scholarship for ST, SC, General Category||July – October|
|Pre-Matric Scholarship for Minorities||July – October|
|Post matric (Other Than Intermediate) Scholarship for Minorities||July – October|
|Post matric Intermediate Scholarship for Minorities||July – October|
|Pre-Matric Scholarship for OBC Students||July – October|
|Post matric Intermediate Scholarship for OBC Students||July – October|
|Post matric (Other Than Intermediate) Scholarship for OBC||July – October|
UP Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
With respect to the above-cited UP scholarships, candidates should kindly note that each scholarship has its own set of eligibility conditions.
But, one such criterion is applicable for all such scholarships, i.e., you need to be a permanent resident of Uttar Pradesh (UP) or hold a domicile of UP. Below we have provided detailed eligibility criteria in the table given below.
|Scholarship Name||Eligibility Criteria|
|Pre-matric Scholarship For ST/SC/General Category|
|Post matric Intermediate Scholarship For ST/SC/General Category|
|Post matric (Other than Intermediate) Scholarship for ST, SC, General Category|
|Post matric Other State Scholarship for ST, SC, General Category|
|Pre-Matric Scholarship for Minorities|
|Post matric (Other Than Intermediate) Scholarship for Minorities|
|Post matric Intermediate Scholarship for Minorities|
|Pre-Matric Scholarship for OBC Students|
|Post matric Intermediate Scholarship for OBC Students|
|Post matric (Other Than Intermediate) Scholarship for OBC|
How To Apply For UP Scholarship?
The UP government follows the ONLINE system of scholarship grants for students. It enables easy access to information, thereby ensuring a smooth and hassle-free process for the students and parents to seek reimbursement of fees and award scholarships. Candidates should note the time frame during which a particular scholarship shall be applicable and apply for the desired application only at that specified time. Below we have provided a step-by-step guide about how to apply for the UP scholarship 2021-22.
Steps to Fill Up the Online Application Form
Step 1: New Student Registration
- Visit the official website of UP Government’s Scholarship – [scholarship.up.gov.in]
- Go to the ‘STUDENT’ section and click on ‘NEW REGISTRATION’ under the same section
- Find out the scholarship that suits your eligibility and educational requirements and click on ‘APPLY.’
- This section only has minimal details to be filled for registration.
- Click on the ‘SUBMIT’ button to further process the registration form.
- Save the registration copy/ print the same for future references.
Step 2: Student Login
- Enter your registration id/password along with your date of birth to login into the website.
- You have two options – either as a fresh applicant or for renewal of application.
- Select the correct option accordingly.
- In any case, you need to read all instructions carefully before filling up the application form.
- After you’ve gone through all instructions carefully, click on the ‘PROCEED’ button to enter further into the application form section.
Step 3: Scholarship Application Form Filling
- After registering and successfully logging into this section, enter the application form filling area. Go to the ‘FILL IN APPLICATION FORM’ section.
- Enter other details requested in the form, as this is mainly for the application for the scholarship.
- After entering all details correctly, click on the ‘SUBMIT’ button.
Step 4: Uploading Scanned Documents
- Upload a scanned photograph of the candidate.
- Upload a scanned copy of the signature of the candidate.
- Upload any other documents as requested to support your candidature.
Step 5: Online Form Submission
- Cross-check all details entered.
- Details once entered cannot be re-entered/rectified after form submission.
- Submit the form ONLINE only. There are no other means to submit the form.
Step 6: Submitting Hard Copy of Application Form
- After successfully submitting the form ONLINE, take a hard copy print out of the same.
- This copy should be submitted at the educational institution where the candidate is studying currently.
- Along with the copy, submit relevant supporting documents too that were submitted online with the scholarship form.
UP Scholarship – Key Documents Required
All applications shall be supported by relevant documents to be submitted by the candidate while applying for any UP scholarship 2021-22. Also, candidates who fail to submit relevant documents with their applications shall be informed that such applications would not be processed further and application is considered invalid.
- Address proof of the candidate – Voter Id/ Aadhaar card/ Ration Card/ PAN card/ Driving license/ Passport etc.
- Identity proof of the candidate
- Passport photo of the candidate
- Caste certificate for candidates who belong to SC/ST/OBC/minorities
- Income certificate for economically backward classes
- Domicile certificate to mention the current place of stay of the candidate
- Mark sheets from the respective educational institution
- Bank passbook to provide account details of the candidate
- Fee receipt of the current year of study given by the respective educational institution.
How To Check UP Scholarship Status?
Once candidates submit their application form, they can check their status on the UP scholarship portal to find out if they would be granted the scholarship or not. For this, they have to login into the official website using a valid registration id/password and follow the below-given steps:
- Visit the official website of the UP Government Scholarship
- Locate the ‘STATUS’ tab on the website and click on it.
- Enter your registration number and date of birth.
- Next to the application that you have made, click on the SEARCH button.
- The current status of your application shall be displayed.
- Save the data for future reference or take a print copy of the same.
UP Scholarship Status – Important Links
|UP Scholarship Status Through Bank Account Number PFMS||Click Here|
|Check Pre-Matric Scholarship Status||Fresh | Renewal|
|Check Post Matric Inter Scholarship Status||Fresh | Renewal|
|Check Post Matric Scholarship Status (Other Than Inter)||Fresh | Renewal|
|Check Post Matric Scholarship Status (Other State Student)||Fresh | Renewal|
UP Scholarship Rewards & Benefits
The rewards and benefits in the form of scholarship amount shall be disbursed to the candidate who has been successfully allotted a scheme. Candidates shall receive benefit from the UP state government based on the class he is studying currently and also based on the class or category to which he belongs to.
|Scholarship Name||Scholarship Award|
|Pre-matric Scholarship For ST/SC/General Category, Uttar Pradesh||Variable financial award|
|Post matric Intermediate Scholarship For ST/SC/General Category||Variable financial award|
|Post matric (Other than Intermediate) Scholarship for ST, SC, General Category||Variable financial award|
|Post matric Other State Scholarship for ST, SC, General Category||Variable financial award|
|Pre-Matric Scholarship for Minorities||Variable financial award|
|Post matric (Other Than Intermediate) Scholarship for Minorities||Variable financial award|
|Post matric Intermediate Scholarship for Minorities||Variable financial award|
|Pre-Matric Scholarship for OBC Students||Variable financial award|
|Post matric Intermediate Scholarship for OBC Students||Variable financial award|
|Post matric (Other Than Intermediate) Scholarship for OBC||Variable financial award|
UP Scholarship – Important Instructions
- All candidates need to present correct details in the application form and submit it with relevant documents, failing which the application shall be deemed to be invalid.
- The UP government provides equal opportunities to candidates belonging to all sections and classes of society, and there is no discrimination whatsoever, provided they are studying in a government recognized educational institution.
- Candidates must provide contact information precisely; mobile numbers should be working and active.
- The hard copy of the submitted form should be given to the educational institution with relevant documents without fail.
- Candidate details must be verifiable, and only meritorious and candidates who successfully clear exams need to apply.
- Candidates are encouraged to check the official portal regularly to see the status of their application.
- Renewal process is easy too. Login into the website with accurate registration details and submit the renewal application form.
- Candidates are also advised to visit the portal frequently to be informed about any latest updates that the government may have sent across on the official website.
- Read all instructions carefully before applying for this scholarship.
UP Scholarship 2021 – FAQ’s
1. What is a UP scholarship?
Answer: UP scholarship schemes promote the education of UP domiciled students, mainly for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC and General Merit categories. List of scholarships provided by Minority Welfare department, Backward Classes welfare department, Tribal welfare department, and Samaj Kalyan Vibhag offer both pre-matric and post-matric scholarships for the welfare of students.
2. Who is eligible for UP scholarship?
Answer: UP scholarships are primarily available for UP domiciled students. However, the specific criteria vary according to the scholarship type and are applicable to General, SC, ST, OBC, and minority community candidates. Pre-matric scholarships are offered for class 9 and 10 students. Post matric scholarships can be availed by students from class 11 onwards.
3. Can students studying in educational institutions outside UP state apply for this scholarship?
Answer: No. Only students whose domicile region is within the UP state can only apply.
4. How to apply for a scholarship in UP?
Answer: UP government offers all scholarship applications in online mode through the Scholarship and Fee Reimbursement Online portal popularly named ‘Saksham.’
5. If a candidate forgot to attach documents while submitting the application form, would his application form still be processed?
Answer: An application form submitted without attaching documents shall be considered INVALID and shall not be processed any further.
6. Can a general category student avail these scholarships?
Answer: Yes, very much. UP domiciled general category students can avail benefits under the various schemes of UP scholarship.
7. How many students can avail benefits under UP scholarship schemes?
Answer: All UP domiciled students who correctly fulfill the eligibility criteria norms of the UP scholarship schemes may apply and avail benefits listed under them.
8. How to find the registration number of UP scholarship?
Answer: Once students register themselves on the official website of the UP scholarship portal, they would receive their UP Scholarship Registration Number. Registered students receive a confirmation email having the registration number. Students are recommended to keep a hard copy of their registration slip for future use.
9. Who offers these scholarships to students?
Answer: The Minority Welfare Department, Backward Classes Welfare Department, Tribal Welfare Department, and Samaj Kalyan Wing are responsible for the grant of these scholarships
UP Scholarship – Contact Details
Customer Care Numbers: 0522-2209270, 0522-2288861, 0522-2286199
Help Line Toll-Free Numbers: 18001805131 (Backward Class Welfare), 18001805229 (Minority Welfare)