UPESEAT 2021 Exam Pattern shall be available on the website through online mode. UPES administers the entrance exam called UPESEAT once in a year to provide admission in B.Tech/B.Plan and B.Des programme at the University. Candidates qualifying in the engineering entrance and counselling session shall receive admission in the University. 80% of the total seats are allocated for entrance qualified candidates, and on the other hand, 20% of the seats are allocated for candidates applying with their Board merit or JEE Main 2021 score. This article furnishes details related to UPESEAT Exam Pattern 2021.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
UPESEAT 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates seeking admission into various engineering disciplines in the University can refer the exam pattern for UPESEAT 2021. Candidates are recommended to note down the complete pattern before beginning the preparation for UPESEAT 2021. The exam pattern is specified below:
- The entrance test shall be supervised via both offline and online CBT mode.
- The question paper is composed of 200 objective type questions split into five sections.
- The questions shall be covered from Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, English Language Comprehension and Current affairs awareness.
- The exam duration is 3 hours.
|Subjects||Number of Questions|
|English Language and Comprehension||30|
|Current affairs awareness||20|
UPESEAT 2021 Marking Scheme
UPESEAT marking scheme for engineering admission is enlisted below:
- The question paper of UPESEAT 2021 is set for 200 marks.
- Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics section carries 50 marks each. While the English language & comprehension section and current affairs section carries 30 marks, 20 marks respectively.
- Every correct answer gains 1 mark.
- Negative marking is not applied for wrong answers.
UPESEAT 2021 Syllabus
The UPESEAT 2021 Syllabus comprises diverse topics from Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry subjects of class 11th and 12th grade and varied topics under current affairs and English language comprehension. The syllabus of UPESEAT 2021 and the syllabus of JEE Main are almost the same. Some of the topics covered in the UPESEAT 2021 Syllabus are enclosed below:
Topics include Laws of Motion, Physics & Measurement, Kinematics, Work, Energy & Power, Gravitation, Properties of Solids and Liquids, Thermodynamics, Rotational Motion, Oscillations & Waves, Kinetic Theory of Gases, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents, Electrostatics, Dual Nature of Nature and Radiation, Electromagnetic Waves, Atoms and Nuclei, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effects of Current & Magnetism, Optics, Electronic Devices, Communication System.
Topics include Sets, Relations & Functions, Matrices & Determinants, Complex Numbers & Quadratic Equation, Permutation & Combination, Mathematical Induction, Trigonometry, Binomial Theorem, Limit, Continuity & Differentiability, Sequencers & Series, Three Dimensional Geometry, Integral Calculus, Differential Equations, Mathematical Reasoning, Coordinate Geometry, Statistics & Probability, Vector Algebra.
Topics include Basic Concepts of Chemistry, States of Matter, Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure, Atomic Structure, Chemical Thermodynamics, Chemical Kinetics, Equilibrium, Solution, Surface Chemistry, Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry, General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Metals, Classifications of Elements and Periodicity in Properties, Block Elements, Hydrogen, Environmental Chemistry, Block Elements (Other Groups), Coordination Compounds, D- and -f Block Elements, Some Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry, Purification & Characterisation of Organic Compounds, Hydrocarbons, Chemistry in Everyday Life, Organic Compounds Containing Oxygen, Organic Compounds Containing Halogens, Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen, Bio-molecules, Principles Related to Practical Chemistry, Polymers.
English Language and Comprehension
This section covers some fundamental concepts of the English language.
Current Affairs Awareness
The questions shall include some latest national-international developments & affairs, and it also tests the candidates on how well they are aware of the current trends.