UPESEAT 2021: The full form of UPESEAT is University of Petroleum and Energy Studies Engineering Aptitude Test. In the second week of May 2021, UPES shall conduct its engineering entrance test in the online mode. It is a university level exam conducted every year. Candidates who get selected through this exam can get admission into B.Tech program in one of the 37 streams on offer. The basic criteria of admission depend on the candidate’s JEE Main scores/ class 12th scores. This article gives detail information about UPESEAT 2021 notification that includes exam dates, application form process, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, admit card, result and more.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
UPESEAT 2021 Exam Dates
|Commencement of application process||November 2020|
|Deadline to submit applications||1st week of May 2021|
|Admit card availability for download||May 2021|
|UPESEAT 2021 exam date||2nd week of May 2021|
|Result announcement||3rd week of May 2021|
|Merit list publication||Last week of May 2021|
|Counselling process beginning||First week of June 2021|
UPESEAT 2021 Application Form
Candidates can read through the application form and fee details in this section.
- From November 2020, the UPESEAT application process has already started.
- The online application process includes registration, correct entry of details, choosing test centre, uploading relevant documents, payment of fee and other necessary steps.
- Candidates must make correct entries in the application form. After submission, there is no application correction window available for making modifications.
- All interested candidates should first go through the eligibility criteria before making an application.
- UPESEAT applications can be sent in the offline mode by obtaining an application from UPES campus, Dehradun. Entries should be made in an OMR sheet.
- After application submission, candidates are advised to save copies of submitted forms and fee receipt for future references.
The requisite exam fees for UPESEAT exam can be remitted in both online and offline modes. Online payment can be made via net banking/debit cards/ credit cards. For offline payment, candidates have to obtain a DD in favour of ‘UPES Fee Account’ payable at New Delhi and submit along with the application form. Fee details are tabulated below:
|Indian students [All categories]||INR 1350|
|Foreign nationals||US $75|
UPESEAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
All candidates must verify these conditions before proceeding to the application process:
- Nationality – For UPESEAT, both Indian and Foreign nationals can apply.
- Age Limit – All candidates born after 1/10/1999 can apply for UPESEAT 2021 exam.
- Qualifying Exam – Candidates who have passed class 10th and class 12th from a recognised board can apply.
- Qualifying Marks – Candidates with a minimum score of 50% in both 10th and 12th can apply. In class 12, the minimum aggregate in PCM should be 50% too.
- Admission based on JEE Main scores
- Candidates can qualify for B.Tech admission through their JEE Main scores as well. Candidates with a minimum score of 60 percentile in JEE Mains can apply for admission by producing valid scorecard. Such candidates should have also secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in both class 10th and 12th.
- Admission based on 12th Board scores
- Candidates can seek direct admission by producing their 10th and 12th board exam scores. Such candidates need to have minimum 80% aggregate scores in class 10th and 12th and minimum 80% in PCM combination aggregate in class 12th.
UPESEAT 2021 Exam Pattern
The UPESEAT follows a unique exam pattern, and the details are listed below:
- UPESEAT exam shall be conducted in the online mode in English language only.
- A total of 200 MCQs shall appear in the paper.
- Exam duration is 3 hours.
- The paper includes various sections like Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Current affairs and General English.
- 1 mark shall be awarded for every correct answer; wrong entries have no negative marking.
The distribution of questions for each section has been tabulated below:
|Section||Number of Questions|
UPESEAT 2021 Syllabus
The preparation for UPESEAT should cover syllabus from Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Current affairs and English languages. All important topics shall appear from class 10th and 12th PCM subjects. The UPESEAT committee recommends no exclusive syllabus for exam preparation. Candidates can also study from the syllabus followed for JEE Mains exam.
UPESEAT 2021 Preparation Tips
- Prepare with a strong, foundation knowledge in core subject combination PCM.
- Refer standard recommended material, and online resources apart from NCERT prescribed textbooks.
- Read at least one newspaper daily to improve general knowledge and improve your vocabulary and English grammar skills.
- Begin early preparation and seek professional coaching help to supplement your studies.
- Organise your studies strategically and prepare a good, working time table.
- Prepare readable notes and write down quick points for revision.
- Be sure of the exam pattern and attend many mock tests and solve previous year papers.
UPESEAT 2021 Admit Card
After application submission, candidates shall receive a message to book their slots online for UPESEAT exam 2021. After successfully booking their exam slot, candidates can download admit cards. The admit card is a necessary document to be carried to the exam hall. IT contains important details like candidate’s name, address, registration number, exam centre, venue and date and timings.
UPESEAT 2021 Result
In the month of May 2021, candidates can download their result card. Candidates can check their results online by entering correct login details on the website. Results also display section-wise and category wise marks and ranking. Three separate merit lists for candidates seeking admission through a UPESEAT entrance exam, JEE Main exam scores and board exam scores shall be published.
UPESEAT 2021 Cut off
The cut off marks for UPESEAT exam depends on the number of factors like seat availability, toughness level of the exam, number of candidates attempting the exam etc. Cut off marks also depends on the category and course of candidates. Cut off details shall be published online on the website. Candidates whose scores are above the prescribed cut off limit shall be called in for further counselling sessions.
UPESEAT 2021 Counselling
In the first week of June 2021, candidates selected in the merit list shall be called in for counselling. The centralised counselling process for admission will be held in the online mode. Candidates have to first register themselves for the counselling process. Only those candidates who have successfully cleared the UPESEAT entrance exam with qualifying scores shall be called in for counselling round. For candidates seeking direct admission through JEE Main scores and board exam marks, separate counselling rounds shall be organised. All formalities and document verification processes shall be carried out in the counselling round for admission procedures.