UPPSC PCS 2021: The full form of UPPSC is Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission. UPPSC is the state commission that is in charge of conducting the State Civil Services Exam. The commission conducts the exams to appoint officers for entry-level cadres to the various administrative positions of the Uttar Pradesh government. This article gives detail information about UPPSC Notification 2021 that includes exam date, eligibility criteria, application process, admit card, exam pattern, syllabus, result, recruitment and more.
UPPSC PCS 2021 Exam Date
|Issue of Notification||3rd week of April 2021|
|Availability of Application form||3rd week of April 2021|
|Last date to submit the Application fee||2nd week of May 2021|
|Last date for Application Form Submission||2nd week of May 2021|
|Issue of Prelims Admit Card||August 2021|
|Preliminary Examination||August 2021|
|Prelims Exam Result||September 2021|
|Mains Examination||October 2021|
UPPSC PCS 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are advised to thoroughly check the eligibility criteria before they apply for the PCS 2021 Exam.
- Nationality: The candidate must be a citizen of India. Upon satisfying certain standing conditions, Interstate candidates can also apply.
- Education Qualification: The minimum educational qualification required to appear for the exam is a three-year bachelor’s degree or equivalent from the any recognized university of India.
- Age Limit: Candidates should fall in the age bracket of 21 to 40 years to be able to apply for the exam.
- Age Relaxation: The age relaxation for reserved category students is mentioned below:
- SC/ST/OBC/Sports Background Persons/State Government Employees/Ex-Servicemen – 5 years in upper age limit
- Physically Handicapped Candidates – 15 years in upper age limit
- Number of Attempts: There is ‘No’ specific number of attempts that a candidate will be allowed to make, but he has to adhere to the relaxation in the upper age limit strictly.
UPPSC PCS 2021 Application Form
Candidates have to check the official website to see if the link to apply online has been activated in due course. The application will have to be sent by the candidate before the deadline. The application form can be sent only in the ONLINE mode. Candidates have to thoroughly check the eligibility criteria and other conditions before applying for the UPPSC Exam. Below we have provided step by step application process to apply for UP PCS 2021.
- Visit the official website – uppsc.up.nic.in
- Access the home page and find the link of Application Form
- Click on the ‘Apply Online’ link.
- The application form has two parts – Part I and Part II.
- Part-I asks for all the personal information of the candidate like name, gender, address, phone number, category, etc. Enter all details correctly and check before submission.
- Upload scanned photo and signature in prescribed size and format.
- Part-II consists of the section where the candidate can pay the fee online.
- Once both the sections of the application form are completed, candidates can submit the form.
- Upon acknowledgement, candidates can note down the correct reference id for all future communications.
UP PCS Application Fees can be paid in both ONLINE and OFFLINE modes. In online mode, candidates can pay the fee via debit card/ credit card/ internet banking facilities. In offline mode, candidates have to remit the fee in any of the recognized SBI branches and obtain a challan acknowledgement for the same. They have to enter the challan number in the online application form then. Fees once paid to the commission will be non-refundable under any circumstances. Fees for different categories of candidates vary, and the same has been provided below for quick reference:
- General Merit Candidates – INR 125
- SC/ST Candidates- INR 65
- Persons with Disabilities – INR 25
UPPSC 2021 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of UP PCS consists of three rounds – Prelims, Mains, and the Personality Test round.
Preliminary Exam Pattern
- The Uttar Pradesh PCS Prelims exam consists of two papers – General Studies I & General Studies II.
- Each paper is allocated 200 marks. Duration of each paper is 2 hours.
- There will be around 100- 150 questions.
- The paper is of Objective Type.
- There will be negative marking
- This exam is for Qualifying purposes only.
|Paper I – General Studies||2 Hours||200 marks|
|Paper II – General Studies||2 Hours||200 marks|
Mains Exam Pattern
- The PCS Main exam consists of six compulsory papers and only one optional subject (2 Papers).
- Candidates have to quote their preference for the mains exam in the application; the optional subject will further have two papers.
- All papers are conducted for a duration of three hours each.
- The mode of language will be both languages i.e. Hindi or English.
- The list of optional subjects shall be provided in the official notification for the candidate to mention at the time of the application process.
|General Study (4 Papers of 200 marks each)||800|
|One Optional Subject||400|
- The Personality test is conducted for a maximum of 100 marks.
- Candidates are tested on general awareness, mental abilities, managerial capabilities, interpersonal interactions, good communication skills, suitability for civil services, etc.
- Time duration varies between each candidate.
UPPSC 2021 Syllabus
Prelims Syllabus: The prelims consist of the following syllabus areas.
- General Studies-I: Focus on the history of India and Indian national movement, Indian politics, governance, geography, general science, economics, environment, and social development topics.
- General Studies-II: Focus on comprehension, general mental ability, reasoning, analytical thinking, problem-solving aspects, elementary and foundation concepts of mathematics.
UPPCS Mains Syllabus: The syllabus for six papers of mains exam is provided below:
- General Hindi – Focus on grammar, essay type of questions, comprehension, letter writing, sentence correction, paragraph writing skills, etc.
- English Essay – Essay may be asked from diverse fields such as literature, Indian culture, science and technology, economical development of the nation, agriculture based, or any current topics of importance.
- General Studies I – Importance to be given to ancient and medieval history of India, social development of women, industrialization, women empowerment, natural resources distribution in our country, border issues, etc.
- General Studies II – Politics and Indian constitution, role of Union and state governments, allocation of power, finance commission, working of parliament, executive and judiciary, etc.
- General Studies III – Economic planning, land reforms, food processing, liberalization, public distribution system and infrastructure development, science and technological development and various achievements, etc.
- General Studies IV – Ethics and human values, human interface, probity in governance, contributions of writers and philosophers, civil service code, conduct, integrity, ethics, and values, etc.
There is no fixed syllabus for the interview section of the exam. It all depends on the panel of interviewers who will cross-examine the candidate on various topics such as: Current Affairs, General Knowledge, subject chosen by the candidate, other subject related questions, etc.
UPPSC 2021 Admit Card
The admit card is an essential document for candidates to carry to the exam hall. It contains all relevant personal details of the candidate. Without the admit card, candidates may not be allowed to take up the exam. Below we have provided step by step process to download UPPSC PCS Admit Card 2021
- Visit the official website of the Uttar Pradesh PCS – uppsc.up.nic.in
- Login with your details.
- Check if the ‘Admit Card’ is available for download.
- Enter your registration number, date of birth, and captcha code, if any.
- Once the admit card is displayed, check for all relevant details.
- Print/save a copy of the same.
UPPSC 2021 Cut off
The cut off marks vary every year. The state commission decides the cut off marks for the corresponding year by giving weight age to a number of factors like:
- A number of participants and the number of candidates who cleared the test.
- Toughness level of the exam.
- Section wise vacancies in various departments.
- Any other criteria decided by the state commission for the current year.
Candidates can check the cut off marks on the official website soon after the results are announced.
UPPSC 2021 Result
The state commission will display results after each phase of the examination. The results, along with the answer keys, will be made available to candidates on the official site. Step by step process to check UPPSC Result 2021 is given below
- Visit official website of the commission – uppsc.up.nic.in
- On the home page, access the link/section that provides the results.
- Click on the appropriate exam that you’re seeking results for.
- Enter the correct data to get the mark sheet.
- Usually, registration number, date of birth, and captcha code will be required.
- IF all entries are made correctly, then the mark sheet will be displayed.
- For any discrepancies in the mark sheet, candidates can approach the commission using the helpline numbers displayed on the site.
- Take a print copy or save the mark sheet as a PDF copy for future references.
UPPSC 2021 Preparation Tips
- The number of candidates that appear for the exam is relatively high compared to other states. Candidates have to brace themselves for tough competition.
- Beware of negative marking in the exam and practice according to that.
- Try the best method of ‘elimination criteria’ when it comes to multiple-choice questions.
- Keep a timeline of events for the complete year in which the exam is conducted and track them for the latest updates.
- Memorise all important facts and figures.
- Practice from UPPCS previous year question papers
- Write down all important facts and important data and present them on flashcards.
- Put more focus on the economic, social, and political scenarios of the UP state.
- The political system and latest developments in bureaucracy and governance of the country need to be given due importance along with administrative and geographical notes.
- Referring to NCERT Books is a must.
Recommended Books for UPPCS 2021 Preparation
Here are some of the best books that we recommend as part of your preparation. Candidates shouldn’t get overwhelmed by the list of books; instead, they must try and find out the best sources from where they can get the best information possible for the relevant subject and study according to that. Here is the suggestive list:
- History of Modern India by author Bipin Chandra
- Book on Geography – A Comprehensive Study – by Mahesh Kumar Barnwal
- Book on Environmental Studies: From Crisis to Cure by author Rajagopalan
- Uttar Pradesh Year Book ( For economics studies)
- For General Science, refer Lucent Publications book on Science.