UPSC Admit Card 2021: The UPSC is a central recruitment authority working under the guidelines of government of India. It inducts eligible candidates after a tough recruitment process into various posts of All India Services, Central Services and Armed Forces of India. Through the Civil Services Exam, candidates can enter the IAS, IPS, IFS, IRS posts etc. It involves the prelims, mains and the interview round for candidate selection. All eligible candidates can apply for the exam. Candidates whose applications are accepted shall receive admit cards to appear for the exam.
How to Download UPSC IAS Admit Card 2021?
UPSC provides the link to download admit card on the official website a few days before the exam. Candidates can click on the link to access their admit cards by entering these details:
- Registration number and date of birth OR
- Roll number and date of birth
Steps to Download IAS 2021 Admit Card
- Visit the homepage of UPSC official website – www.upsc.gov.in
- Locate the link and click on“Download IAS Admit Card 2021”.
- Enter registration and date of birth details for validation.
- Click on login.
- IAS Admit Card 2021 shall be displayed.
- Download and take a print out of the admit card.
Steps to follow after download
- Once a candidate has downloaded his/her admit card, check out for correctness of data.
- In case details are printed incorrectly, contact the concerned authorities immediately.
- If the candidate’s photograph or signature appears with lesser clarity, it’s advisable to carry a correct photo and valid ID card to the exam hall.
Details Mentioned on UPSC IAS Admit Card 2021
The IAS admit card provides all important information about the candidate and the exam which they are attempting. All details on the admit card should be correct and matching with the ID proof. The list of information on the admit card is given below:
- Name of the candidate
- Roll number of the candidate
- Date of birth of the candidate
- Candidate’s father’s name
- Candidate’s photograph
- Exam date and timings
- Exam centre venue
- Guidelines for examination.
Discrepancies in the UPSC Civil Services Admit Card 2021
Once the candidate downloads his admit card, he has to check for correctness of printed data. For rectifying the errors candidates must immediately contact the concerned officials. If candidates do not get their details corrected before the exam commencement, then they may face issues on the day of the exam. Candidates should contact officials in case they find:
- If there is a spelling error in the candidate’s name.
- If the PWD or DA status is incorrectly provided.
- If there is confusion in the exam centre or city printed in the card.
- If the candidate photo is too dull on the admit card.
- If there is a technical issue in downloading the admit card.
To solve any or all of these issues, candidates must communicate with the exam conducting authority. Helpdesk numbers would be open between 9 AM to 6 PM on all working days from Monday to Saturday. The exam commission’s office has a separate facilitation centre. They can be contacted over the phone from the list of numbers given below:
- 011- 23381125
Documents Required at IAS Exam Center 2021
Candidates are required to bring these documents along with admit card to the examination hall:
- Original and Xerox copy of valid Photo ID document along with admit card.
- Reserved category candidates should carry original proof of caste/disability certificate along with admit card.
- Candidates should carry proof for change of name [if any] along with admit card.
Documents to be produced as proof along with admit card
- PAN Card
- Voter ID Card
- Aadhaar Card
- Driving license
Items Prohibited at IAS Exam Center
- Electronic gadgets like cell phones, mobile devices, watches, microphones, Bluetooth devices, earphones and headsets, health bands, calculators, pagers, paper bits, geometry boxes with technical information display etc. should not be carried inside the exam hall.
- It’s highly advisable to wear sandals and chappals instead of closed footwear like shoes and gumboots.
- Candidates have to keep their hands clean to avoid error during fingerprint scanning. Ladies should refrain from applying tattoos and mehndi on their hands during the exam.
- Candidates who are unable to process positively for fingerprint scan may be disqualified from the exam.
Instructions for IAS Exam Day 2021
These basic instructions and guidelines should be followed without fail during the conduct of the exam. Candidates must make a note of these rules at the IAS exam centre on the day of the exam. Keep these points in mind:
- The admit card is a compulsory document and must be carried to every exam session without fail.
- The admit card should be preserved till the final recruitment process is over.
- Reach the exam centre half an hour in advance and locate the room where you will sit for the exam. Plan your journey with exact directions to reach your exam centre.
- Candidates who are visually impaired or have orthopaedic disabilities and have opted for a scribe need to produce a separate admit card for them as well.
- If you’re in possession of any electronic gadgets or similar devices, leave them outside the examination hall and don’t take anything inside the hall.
- Candidates caught copying/ impersonating or using unfair means of cheating shall be debarred from the exam hall.