IAS Exam has one of the optional literature paper as Bodo. It has two papers (I & II), each of 250 marks summing up to 500 for the paper. This paper proves to be a scoring subject for aspirants who are well versed & acquainted with the Bodo language. Having knowledge of the grammatical aspects of the language is also important. It is easy to crack this optional subject for those who are native Bodo speakers and familiar with it. This article provides you with the latest UPSC Bodo Literature Syllabus for IAS Mains 2021.
UPSC Bodo Syllabus – Paper I
History of Bodo Language and Literature (Answers must be written in Bodo)
Section A – History of Bodo Language
- Homeland, language family, its present status and its mutual contact with Assamese.
- (a) Phonemes : Vowel and Consonant Phonemes (b) Tones.
- Morphology : Gender, Case & Case endings, Plural suffix, Definitives, Verbal suffix.
- Vocabulary and its sources.
- Syntax : Types of sentences, Word Order.
- History of Scripts used in writing Bodo Language since inception.
Section B – History of Bodo Literature
- General introduction of Bodo folk literature.
- Contribution of the Missionaries.
- Periodization of Bodo Literature.
- Critical analysis of different genre (Poetry, Novel, Short Story and Drama.
- Translation Literature.
UPSC Bodo Syllabus – Paper II
The Paper will require first-hand reading of the texts prescribed and will be designed to test the critical ability of the candidates. Answers must be written in Bodo
- Khonthai-Methai (Edited by Madaram Brahma & Rupnath Brahma).
- Hathorkhi-Hala (Edited by Pramod Chandra Brahma).
- Boroni Gudi Sibsa Arw Aroz : Madaram Brahma.
- Ra j a Ni l amb a r : Dwa r e n d r a Na t h Basumatary.
- Bibar (Prose section). (Edited by Satish Chandra Basumatary).
- Gibi Bithai (Aida Nwi) : Bihuram Boro
- Radab : Samar Brahma Chaudhury
- Okhrang Gongse Nangou : Brajendra Kumar Brahma.
- Baisagu Arw Harimu : Laksheswar Brahma.
- Gwdan Boro : Manoranjan Lahary.
- Jujaini Or : Chittaranjan Muchahary.
- Mwihoor : Dharanidhar Wary.
- Hor Badi Khwmsi : Kamal Kumar Brahma.
- Jaolia Dewan : Mangal Singh Hozowary.
- Hagra Guduni Mwi : Nilkamal Brahma.
UPSC Bodo Syllabus 2021 – PDF Download