With an intention to recruit the medical graduates for different Central Government Organisations and Services, UPSC conducts the Combined Medical Services Examination or CMSE every year. This civil service exam is conducted as per the rules and regulations prescribed by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare in the Gazette of India.
The main objective of UPSC is to recruit the officers to fill up the following posts:
- Assistant Divisional Medical Officer in Indian Ordnance Factories Health Services
- General Duty Medical Gr.-II in East Delhi Municipal Corporation, North Delhi Municipal Corporation, and South Delhi Municipal Corporation
- Assistant Divisional Medical Officer in the Railways
- Junior Scale Posts in Central Health Services
- General Duty Medical Officer in New Delhi Municipal Council
Therefore, the procedure to recruit various medical officers to fill up vacancies should be accurate. To make this procedure up to the mark, keep reading this article, especially designed to reveal the application procedure, admit card, important dates, etc. required to be known to become reputed medical officers.
Important Dates for Combined Medical Services 2019 exam
|Date of notification of CMSE exam 2019||10-04-2019|
|Closing date of application process for CMSE exam||06-05-2019|
|Date of CMSE exam 2019||21-08-2019|
Eligibility Criteria to attempt CMSE Exam
Eligibility as per Nationality
A candidate must be either:
- a citizen of India
- a subject of Bhutan
- a subject of Nepal
- a person of Indian who must be migrated from Sri Lanka or East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Pakistan, Burma, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the objective of permanently living in India.
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 01st January, 1962 with the with the objective of permanently living in India.
Eligibility as per Educational Qualification
- A candidate should have cleared the written and practical parts of the final MBBS Examination
- A candidate is eligible for an exam even he has not completed his internship yet. But once all the process of this CMSE exam has cleared, he must have obtained his internship certificate, else he will not valid for the further services.
- A candidate who is going to appear in the final MBBS Exam may also apply for CMSE exam 2019. In this case, admission will consider to be provisional and may be cancelled if needed. In any circumstance, they do not produce a proof of written and practical part of the final MBBS Exam along with the entire application which will be needed to be submitted to the Commission by the candidates, he may get his cancellation of application for CMSE exam.
A candidate for Combined Medical Services 2019 examination must not have attained the age of 32 years as on 01st August 2018
Upper Age Relaxation
- Up to a maximum of 5 years if a candidate belongs to an SC/ST;
- up to a maximum of 3 years in the case of Defence Services personnel disabled in operations at some point of hostilities with any overseas country or in a disturbed region and released for that reason thereof;
- up to a maximum of 5 years in the case of Ex-servicemen which comprise Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have completed beyond 5 years Military Service as on 01st August 2018 and have been released;
- up to a maximum of 3 years in the case of applicants belonging to OBC (other backward classes);
- up to a maximum of 5 years if a candidate had commonly been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the duration from the 01st January 1980 to the 31st December 1989;
- up to a maximum of 10 years in the case of a deaf-mute, Orthopaedically handicapped, and blind candidates
- up to a maximum of 5 years in the case of ECOs/SSCOs who’ve finished an initial period of venture of five years Military Service as on 01st August 2018 and whose undertaking has been extended beyond five years and in whose case the Ministry of Defence issues a certificate that they are able to practice for civil employment.
- Ad-hoc doctors who were appointed after 01st October 1984 in the Ministry of Railways will be eligible to get relaxation as well
Moreover, the candidates who are physically or mentally fit as per the physical/medical standards for the Combined Medical Services Exam 2018 as per regulations contained in Appendix III will get become eligible to get relaxation.
Application Procedure to attempt CMSE exam 2019
If you’re interested to apply for CME exam to be recruited as the medical officer, you may apply through the website upsconline.nic.in or even by clicking on the following link:
- Candidates are required to use online by way of using the hyperlink www.upsconline.nic.in because offline ways to apply for the civil service exam are not valid. In brief, instructions for filling up the online Application Form for CMSE exam is given within the Appendix-II
- The candidates are recommended to put up only single application; but, if because of any unavoidable state of affairs, if he/she submits every other/multiple applications, then he/she need to make certain that application with the highest RID is complete in all respects like an exam center, photo, signature, applicant’s details, fee, and many others.
- The candidates who are submitting multiple applications should note that only the applications with higher RID shall be valid.
UPSC CMSE Exam Admit Card 2019
Needless to say that for every civil service exam, admit card should be required from every candidate going to appear for this exam. All the interested candidates should take their UPSC CMSE Admit Card 2019 before entering the examination center, else they will not consider attempting the exam.
Moreover, all the candidates who are going to appear in the exam can easily download the UPSC CMS Admit card 2019 from the official website that is upsc.gov.in by fill up the necessary details like registration no. and date of birth (DOB).
Some of the basic rules for the e-admit card for Combined Medical Services exam 2019:
- Make sure to check your name, serial No., and Registration ID on your admit card
- Without an admit card, candidates will not be supposed to enter the hall for the exam
- Once entered in the examination hall, the candidate must have registered bio-metric appearance.
- Candidates are considered to keep only valuable possession to the exam hall
- Candidates without a photo on e-card will have to bring additional proof.
- Moreover, only those candidates will be allowed to get the admit card 2019 CMSE exam who will have filled up the application form for CMSE exam 2019.
The fact is that the selection procedure for UPSC CMSE exam 2019 will be depended on the following parts:
- Written Examination,
- Personality Test,
- Document Verification and
- Medical Examination
Part-I: Computer Based Examination
This exam will be about 500 marks. Basically, this exam will be divided into two papers, each will carry a maximum of 250 marks. Moreover, each exam will be about two hours in duration.
Part-II: Personality Test
Once cleared the Computer-based examination, the next will be the Personality test that will be around 100 marks.
Part III: Document verification
Once done with the above exams, the next will be thorough checking of documents in terms of accuracy. This step is significant as in a case of any fraud, the next process will not be valid as well as the above will become cancelled.
Part IV: Medical Examination
The final step to becoming CME or Combined Medical Service officer in India is a medical examination. Moreover, this step will entirely base on the medical reports.
Syllabus for CME exam 2019
The syllabus required to learn to crack CMSE exam 2019 will contain 96 general medicine questions and 24 questions will be asked only for Paediatrics section. To get the entire syllabus for CMSE exam 2019, the students can take the help of the following link.
Moreover, the syllabus contains by the paper Paper 2 of Part 1 shall have subdivided three sections of Surgery, Gynaecology & Obstetrics and Preventive & Social Medicine. Furthermore, Personality test will carry testing of general knowledge and awareness questions.
Therefore, it is recommended to the interested candidates to attempt for the Combined Medical Service officer 2019 only after grabbing the complete guide.
This article is perfectly framed which has added all the information which is required to be known by every candidate going to fill up the application form of CME exam 2019.
Hence, in the case of any misunderstanding, the candidates can ask their queries in the comment box mentioned below.
Good luck for your future 🙂