Dogri is one of the optional literature paper in IAS Mains Exam. It consists of two papers, i.e. (Paper I and II) carries 250 marks each, in a total of 500 marks. This paper is considered an easy one, for aspirants who are well versed with the Dogri language and are familiar with the grammatical aspects too! It is considered an easy ride for those who are native Dogri speakers and have a hold on the general characteristics of the language. This article provides you with the latest UPSC Dogri Literature Syllabus for IAS Mains 2021. Download the complete syllabus PDF from here.
UPSC Dogri Syllabus – Paper I
History of Dogri Language and Literature (Answers must be written in Dogri)
History of Dogri Language
- Dogri language: Origin and development through different stages.
- Linguistic boundaries of Dogri and its dialects.
- Characteristic features of Dogri language.
- Structure of Dogri Language :
- Sound Structure: Segmental: Vowels and Consonants Non-Segmental: Length, Stress, Nasalization, Tone and Juncture.
- Morphology of Dogri: Inflection Categories: Gender, Number, Case, Person, Tense and Voice.
- Word Formation: use of prefixes, infixes and suffixes.
- Vocabulary : Tatsam, tadbhav, foreign and regional.
- Sentence Structure: Major Sentence – types and their constituents, agreement and concord in Dogri syntax.
- Dogri Language and Scripts : Dogre/ Dogra Akkhar, Devanagari and Persian.
History of Dogri Literature
- A brief account of Pre-independence Dogri Literature : Poetry & Prose.
- Development of modern Dogri Poetry and main trends in Dogri Poetry.
- Development of Dogr i shor t -story, main trends & prominent short-story writers.
- Development of Dogri Novel, main trends & contribution of Dogri Novelists.
- Development of Dogri Drama & contribution of prominent Playwrights.
- Development of Dogri Prose : Essays, Memoirs & Travelogues.
- An introduction to Dogri Folk literature – Folk songs, Folk tales & Ballads.
UPSC Dogri Syllabus – Paper II
Textual Criticism of Dogri Literature (Answers must be written in Dogri).
- Azadi Paihle Di Dogri Kavita – The following poets : Devi Ditta, Lakkhu, Ganga Ram , Ramdhan, Hardutt, Pahari Gandhi Baba Kanshi Ram & Permanand Almast.
- Modern Dogri PoetryAzadi Bad Di Dogri Kavita – The following poets: Kishan Smai lpuri, Tara Smailpuri , Mohan Lal Sapolia, Yash Sharma,K.S. Madhukar, Padma Sachdev, Jitendra Udhampuri, Charan Singh and Prakash Premi.
- Sheeraza Dogri Number 102, GhazalAnk – The following poets: Ram Lal Sharma, Ved Pal Deep, N.D. Jamwal, Shiv Ram Deep, Ashwini Magotra and Virendra Kesar.
- Sheeraza Dogri Number 147, GhazalAnk – The following poets: R.N. Castro , Jibtendra Udhampur i , Champa Sharma and Darshan Darshi.
- Ramayan (Epic) by Shambhu Nath Sharma (upto Ayodhya Kand).
- Veer Gulab (Khand Kavya) by Dinoo Bhai Pant.
- Ajakani Dogri Kahani The following short story writers : Madan Mohan Sharma, Narendra Khajuria and B.P. Sathe.
- Ajakani Dogri Kahani Part-II The following Short Story writters : Ved Rahi, Narsingh Dev Jamwal, Om Goswami, Chhattrapal, Lalit Magotra, Chaman Arora and Ratan Kesar.
- Khatha Kunj Bhag II The following Story writters : Om Vidyarthi, Champa Sharma and Krishan Sharma.
- Meel Patthar (collection of short stories) by Bandhu Sharma.
- Kaiddi (Novel) by Desh Bandhu Dogra Nutan
- Nanga Rukkh (Novel) by O.P. Sharma Sarathi.
- Nayaan (Drama) by Mohan Singh.
- Satrang (A collection of one act plays) – The following pay wrights: VishwaNathKhajuria , Ram NathShastri, Jitendra Sharma, Lalit Magotra and Madan Mohan Sharma.
- Dogri Lalit Nibandh – The following authors: Vishwa Nath Khajuria , Narayan Mishra, Balkrishan Shastri, Shiv Nath, Shyam Lal Sharma, Lakshmi Narayan, D.C. Prashant, Ved Ghai, Kunwar Viyogi.
UPSC Dogri Syllabus 2021 – PDF Download