Are you planning to appear for the IAS exam 2020? then this is a must-read article for you. This article gives details about the IAS exam preparation and records the best books to buy for IAS aspirants.
The prestigious Indian Administrative Service (IAS) examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) each year. The examination is held in three stages, viz. Prelims, Mains and the interview.
Your success in the IAS exam directly depends on the study material that you choose to prepare for the exam. You should choose the absolute best study material available in the market. This includes the standard books which are recommended by the IAS toppers.
Given below is the list of best books to buy for prelims, mains, and the interview round of the IAS exam 2020. This study material is recommended by IAS toppers and without this material, IAS aspirants cannot succeed in the UPSC exam.
Best Books For UPSC IAS Prelims Exam Preparation 2020
History and Culture Books For UPSC
|India’s Ancient Past||R.S. Sharma|
|History Of Medieval India||Satish Chandra|
|India’s Struggle For Independence||Bipan Chandra|
|History Of Modern India||Bipan Chandra|
|Indian Art and Culture||Nitin Singhania|
|The Wonder That Was India||A.L. Bhasham|
|Facts of Indian Culture||Spectrum|
Indian Polity and Economy Books For UPSC
|Indian Polity||M. Laxmikanth|
|Indian Economy||Ramesh Singh|
|Economic Survey||Ministry of Finance Government of India|
Geography Books For UPSC
|Indian and World Geography||Majid Husain|
|Geography of India (Old Edition)||Majid Husain|
|Oxford School Atlas||Oxford|
|Certificate Physical and Human Geography||Goh Cheng Leong|
Environment and Biodiversity Books
|Environmental Studies||R. Rajagopalan|
|Environment for Civil Services Prelims and Mains||D R, Khullar & J A C S, Rao|
|Environment||Shankar IAS book|
Current Affairs & General Knowledge Books
|India Year Book 2019||Publications Division Government of India|
|Manorama Yearbook 2019||Philip Mathew|
|Current Affairs Yearly 2019||Arihant Experts|
|General Knowledge 2020||Arihant Experts|
|General Knowledge||Dr. Binay Karna, R. P. Suman, Manvendra Mukul|
|Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning||R. S. Aggarwal|
|Analytical Reasoning||M. K. Pandey|
|Cracking the CSAT||Arihant Experts|
|Quantitative Aptitude||R. S. Aggarwal|
Best Books For UPSC Mains Preparation 2020
Essay Books For UPSC
|Selected Contemporary Essays||Saumitra Mohan|
|151 Essays – Latest edition||Arihant Publications|
|The Best Approach to Precis Writing||S C Gupta|
|ESSAYS for Civil Services||Pulkit Khare|
UPSC Mains 2020 – General Studies Paper 1 Books
|India Since Independence||Bipan Chandra|
|India After Gandhi||Ramachandra Guha|
|Social Problems In India||Ram Ahuja|
|History of Modern World||B V Rao|
|World History||Krishna Reddy|
|Social Change in Modern India||M N Srinivas|
|IAS Mains General Studies Paper 1||Arihant Experts|
UPSC Mains 2020 – General Studies Paper 2 Books
|Governance in India||M. Laxmikanth|
|International Relations||Pavneet Singh|
|Pax Indica||Shashi Tharoor|
|IAS Mains General Studies Paper – 2||McGraw-Hill|
UPSC Mains 2020 – General Studies Paper 3 Books
|Internal Security for Civil Services Main||M. Karthikeyan|
|Challenges to Internal Security of India||Ashok Kumar|
|India’s National Security||Bajpai|
UPSC Mains 2020 – General Studies Paper 4 Books
|Ethics, Integrity & Aptitude||G Subba Rao & P N Roy Showdhury|
|Lexicon for Ethics, Integrity & Aptitude||Niraj Kumar|
IAS Preparation Books For Interview
|Civil Services Interview||Madhukar Bhagat|
|How To Face IAS Interview||Prabhat Paper Backs|
Recommended Books For IAS By Toppers
|25 Years UPSC IAS/ IPS Prelims Topic-wise Solved Papers 1 & 2||Disha Experts|
|IAS Mains General Studies Solved Papers||Rohit Vadhwana, IFS Officer|
|UPSC Civil Services 2011-2018 (Prelim) GS & CSAT||Kiran Prakashan|
|GIST of NCERT Books||UPSC Portal|
|Mujhe Banna hai UPSC Topper||Nishant Jain, IAS Officer|
|All Civil Services books under one roof||—|
|All IAS Books in Hindi medium||recommended by IAS toppers|
|IAS books in Telugu medium||—|
UPSC Free Study Material For IAS Exam 2020
Key Points to Remember
- Before beginning with your study make sure that you have chosen the right books to avoid wasting your crucial time and effort for preparing for the exam.
- Prepare a schedule before starting with the preparation so that you dedicate the right amount of time for your studies and cover all the topics on time.
- Study with complete concentration and keep making notes and pointers that highlights all the things that you have read. These notes will come handy during revision.
- Please stick to the books recommended by us because they are the best books for IAS preparation available in the market. There are high chances that many questions in the exam are asked directly from these books
- The recommended books are from significant writers, and they provide comprehensive information which is essential for the IAS exams.
- Do not panic with the length of content provided in the books. Break it down and get clarity on the concepts of the material. This will help to make your learning easy.
- Apart from the information collected through the books, it is highly recommended that you keep yourself in sync with the matters of current affairs as it is a crucial aspect of the IAS exam.
- Keep researching and learning about important topics and subjects online. Read surveys, case studies, and reports to get relevant information about the subject.
- Refer to question papers of the last five years of the UPSC exams. This will help you to get an understanding of the format and the nature of questions asked in the IAS exam.
- Revision is the key to memorise things. So make sure you revise all the content which you have already learned. Dedicate a good amount of time for it so that you rush or forget things at the end.
Why should you opt for these UPSC Books 2020?
All the listed books are highly recommended by the IAS toppers and experts. These books have high customer ratings and positive reviews on Amazon. On average these books have about 4.1 out of 5 ratings on Amazon.
Amazon has an ongoing sale on these books so grab your copy today and enjoy the benefit of Amazon sales. These books are available at discounted rates making it affordable to buy for IAS aspirants.
Also, Read Other UPSC 2020 Articles
|UPSC Eligibility||UPSC Admit Card||UPSC Application Form|
|UPSC Syllabus||UPSC Exam Pattern||NCERT Books in Hindi|
|IAS Preparation||Free UPSC Material||UPSC Toppers|
|NCERT Books||IAS Books||Essay for UPSC|