IAS Application Form 2021: The UPSC is a central authority for recruiting candidates into Civil Services, Engineering Services, Defence and Medical Services. UPSC conducts the Civil Services Exam in three phases – prelims, mains and interview round to recruit candidates into various Group ‘A’ and Group ‘B’ administrative positions including IAS, IPS, IFS etc.
The UPSC is expected to release its online application form by 10th March 2021. The deadline for candidate enrolment would be around 10th April 2021. All applicants who fulfil the eligibility criteria set by UPSC in its notification can attempt the exam. The online application process is relatively, very simple. It starts with candidate registration, followed by application form entry, uploading documents and finally fee payment and submission.
By registering themselves, candidates can create a valid login ID and password. In the form filling section, candidates need to enter personal details, educational details and information about parents. Further, candidates need to choose exam centres from the list provided by UPSC. Recent passport-sized photograph followed scanned signature need to be uploaded in the correct format and dimension. Pay the requisite application fees. Review the form after entering all details. Submit the form. Download the submitted form and take a hard copy for future references.
UPSC IAS 2021 Online Registration Process
The application form has various modules and sections to capture the personal as well as educational information of the candidate. Make sure you that you filled all the details correctly before moving on to the next page. Below we have provided instructions for filling UPSC Online Application Form.
Step I: IAS 2021 Registration Process
- Visit the homepage of the official website www.upsc.gov.in.
- Locate the link “UPSC Civil Services Exam 2021” under the section “Active examinations”.
- In the next section, enter personal, academic details, parent information and employment details.
- This entire section is subdivided into six modules. After each module completion, “SAVE” the page at the end of the form.
- Review the form before submission. Saved changes can be modified before final submission.
- After final submission, no editing can be done to the form.
- Note that, some fields in the form shall be auto-filled using registration form entries.
- The auto-filled data cannot be changed. However, with a due request sent to the commission, modifications can be done later on.
Step II: Application Fee
- Candidates can make payment in online and offline modes.
- Online payment can be made through net banking or credit/ debit cards/ Rupay cards.
- For offline payment, download and print the e-challan from the website. Fill up this form and submit with the prescribed fee at any recognised SBI branch within a day of form submission.
- General Registration fee is INR 100.
- After fee payment and form submission, save the completed application form.
- Female applicants, candidates belonging to SC/ST/ PWD are exempted from fee payment.
Step III: Exam Centre Selection
- Candidates have the option to choose their exam centres from the list provided by UPSC.
- Select the exam city where you can attend the exam.
Step IV: Upload Documents – Signature & Photograph
- Candidates have to upload their photograph and signature in the prescribed formats given below:
|Document||Size allowed||Dimension||Format allowed|
|Photograph||20 Kb- 300 Kb||3.5 cm * 4.5 cm||.jpg|
|Signature||20 Kb- 300 Kb||3.5 cm * 1.5 cm||.jpg|
Step V: Declaration Part
- In the last part, read through the guidelines and click on “I Agree”. Soon after that, press the SUBMIT button.
- Download the submitted form. Take a hard copy print out for future reference.
IAS 2021 Application Fee
Registration fee is INR 100. Female applicants and SC/ST/ PWD candidates are exempted from paying exam fees.
|Candidate Category||Fee Applicable|
|General Merit/ Economically weaker sections/ OBC candidates [ MALES]||INR 100|
|Female candidates from all categories||No fee|
|SC/ST/ PWD candidates||No fee|
Fee payment can be done in two modes:
- Online Payment – SBI Net banking facility/ Debit Cards/ Credit Cards/ Rupay card
- Offline Payment – Firstly, download and print the e-challan or pay-in-slip. Enter details about candidate and fee payment. Remit the fee along with the slip within the next working day only. Obtain acknowledgement.
Candidates who are unable to pay through the offline mode within the stipulated time can resort to the online modes of payment.
Pre-requisites to fill IAS 2021 Application Form
Candidates should keep these documents handy before beginning application form entry. Details should match between the original document and the application form. Mismatched/ incorrect information may lead to cancellation of candidature.
- Valid E-mail ID
- Functional mobile number
- Bank details
- Class 10th and 12th mark sheets
- Graduation mark sheets and degree certificate
- Medical certificate
- Category/caste certificate
- Income certificate
- Scanned photograph
- Scanned signature.
UPSC IAS 2021 Application Form Guidelines
Candidates who are aspiring for getting into IAS cadres should keep the following guidelines in mind while filling up application form:
- Candidate impersonation is illegal, and any person found doing so can be tried with severe action by UPSC.
- Candidates must not resort to unlawful gratification as a means to get their application duly accepted.
- Harassing or threatening any exam official for acceptance of application is prohibited.
- Blackmailing exam authorities and putting undue pressure on them for application processing is not acceptable.
- Submission of fabricated/ fake documents, tampered papers can invite legal action against the candidate.
- Information that is true and backed by documents should be produced. False information should never be cited anywhere in the application.
- One application per person is the norm. Multiple applications by a single candidate must be avoided.