UPSEE 2021: UPSEE shall be conducted in the month of April/May 2021. Online notification for the exam is expected by December 2020/ January 2021. The state-level entrance test is organised by Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU). It provides admission for various courses like engineering, architecture, pharmacy, design, management, computer applications and so on. B.Tech admissions do not consider UPSEE scores; they are based on JEE Main scores. UPSEE provides lateral entry admission into B.Tech, B.Pharma and MCA courses. Students seeking admission into government/ private/ affiliated universities of UP state have to attempt UPSEE exam. This article gives detail information about UPSEE 2021 that includes exam date, eligibility, application process, admit card, exam pattern, syllabus, result and more.
UPSEE scores offer admission into various UG and PG programs as listed below:
- Under Graduate Courses – B.Tech, B.Des, B.Arch, B.Pharma, BFAD, BHMCT, BFA, B.Voc programs.
- Post Graduate Courses – MBA and integrated MBA, MCA and integrated MCA programs.
- Lateral Entry – B.Pharma, B.Tech and MCA programs.
UPSEE 2021 Exam Dates
Tentative dates for various events of UPSEE/UPTU Exam are listed below:
|Exam Event||Exam Date|
|Official Release of Online Application||4th week of January 2021|
|Deadline for Application Submission||Last week of March 2021|
|Deadline for Fee Payment||1st week of April 2021|
|Application Correction||Last week of March 2021 to 1st week of April 2021|
|Issue of Admit Card||4th week of April 2021|
|UPSEE Exam Date 2021||Last week of April 2021 to 1st week of May 2021|
|Release of Answer Key||1st week of May 2021|
|Deadline to Challenge Provisional Answer Keys||Till 1st week of May 2021|
|Result Declaration||Last week of May 2021|
|Commencement of Counselling||Last week of June 2021|
UPSEE 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check detailed eligibility criteria in the following section before making an application for UPSEE:
General Eligibility Conditions
- Nationality: Indian citizens, NRIs, Persons of Indian Origin, foreign nationals and children whose parents are working in Gulf nations and migrants of Jammu and Kashmir can apply for UPTU.
- Age Criteria: There is no age limit to apply for UPSEE 2021
- Appearing: Candidates appearing for final year exams can also apply for UPSEE.
Course Wise Eligibility
Below we have provided information on the minimum qualification needed to apply for various courses:
- B.Tech, B.Des and Integrated MCA courses: Passed Class 12 with compulsory Physics and Mathematics and one of Chemistry/ Biology/Biotechnology/ Technical vocational courses with minimum 45% aggregate [ 40% in case of reserved candidates]
- B.Arch course: Passed 10+2 with compulsory Physics and Mathematics and one of Chemistry/ Computer Science/Biology/ Engineering Drawing/ Technical vocational courses with minimum 50% aggregate score.
- B.Tech in Biotechnology: Passed Class 12 with compulsory Physics and Mathematics/Biology and one of Chemistry/ Biology/Biotechnology/ Technical vocational courses.
- B.Pharma: Passed Class 12 with compulsory Physics and Chemistry and one of Mathematics/ Biology/Biotechnology/ Technical vocational courses with minimum 45% aggregate [ 40% in case of reserved candidates]
- BHMCT/ BFAD/BFA/ Integrated MBA courses: Passed Class 12 in any stream of study with minimum 45% aggregate and 40% for SC/ST categories.
- MBA/MCA courses: Any Bachelor’s degree with minimum 50% aggregate and 45% for SC/ST categories. For MCA- Candidates should have studied Mathematics compulsorily in class 12th/ Graduation
- B.Tech [Lateral Entry scheme]: Candidates who have an engineering diploma qualification or B.Sc candidates who have pursued Mathematics compulsorily in class 12 can apply.
- MCA [Lateral Entry scheme]: BCA OR B.Sc in IT/Computer Science fields can apply.
- B.Pharma [Lateral Entry scheme]: Diploma holders in Pharmacy can apply.
UPSEE 2021 Application Form
Candidates can thoroughly understand the application procedure, fees and correction window details from the following section:
- The ONLINE application procedure includes these steps – candidate registration, entering details in a form, uploading relevant documents, fee payment, and submission and taking print copies of acknowledgements.
- UPTU Form will be available on the official website from the fourth week of January 2021.
- Candidates have to upload their signature and photograph in the appropriate formats.
- There is no need to send hard copies of submitted forms to the university.
UPSEE application fees can be paid in ONLINE mode through debit cards/ credit cards/ Net Banking facilities and e-wallets. Fee corresponding to various categories are given below:
- General Merit and OBC candidates [Males and transgender communities] – INR 1300
- SC/ST/PWD categories [Females] – INR 650
UPSEE 2021 Application Form Correction
Details about UPSEE application form correction is discussed below:
- Candidates can make changes to submitted application forms in ONLINE mode.
- Correction window falls between last week of March 2021 to the first week of April 2021.
- Corrections can be made to editable fields, specified by UPSEE authorities.
- After the closure of correction window dates, further requests to change details shall not be entertained.
UPSEE 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates can gain complete knowledge about exam pattern by reading the below section:
- UPSEE shall be conducted in the OFFLINE mode only.
- All papers are based on multiple-choice questions. Drawing paper shall be descriptive in nature.
- Total exam time is 3 hours.
- Every correct answer marked shall produce 4 marks, and wrong answers have NO negative marking.
Table indicating marks distribution based on the number of questions is discussed below:
|Paper||Subjects||Total Questions||Total Marks|
|Paper 1||Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics||150 questions.|
[50 questions in each of P,C and M]
|Paper 2||Physics, Chemistry and Biology||150 questions.|
[50 questions in each of P,C and B]
|Paper 3||Architecture and Design Test|
Part A: Mathematics and aesthetic sensitivity
[50 questions each in Mathematics and Aesthetic Sensitivity and 2 marks in drawing test]
|Paper 4||General awareness Test|
(BHMCT/BFAD/BFA/Integrated MBA courses)
|Paper 5||Test for B.Sc graduates in (lateral entry) Engineering and 2nd year MCA students.||100 questions||400|
|Paper 6||Regular test for MBA/MCA||100 questions||400|
|Paper 7||Test for Diploma holders in Pharmacy subject (through lateral entry scheme)||100 questions||400|
|Paper 8||Test for Diploma holders in Engineering (through lateral entry scheme)||100 questions||400|
UPSEE 2021 Syllabus
The UPSEE syllabus is different for UG and PG courses. For UG courses, the syllabus pertains to 10+2 level. For PG courses, syllabus shall be set from graduation level topics.
- B.Tech course: Syllabus shall be framed based on the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics of class 12.
- B.Pharma: Syllabus pertains to the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Biology of class 12th.
- PG courses, respective graduation subjects can be referred to.
UPSEE 2021 Admit Card
- From the third week of April 2021, UPSEE admit cards can be downloaded from the website.
- Admit cards would be made available in the online mode for download.
- If any discrepancies are found in the details, contact UPSEE helpline desk immediately.
UPSEE 2021 Answer Key
- Few days after the entrance exam, UPSEE answer keys shall be made available in the online mode.
- For all the questions asked in the UPTU exam, the answer keys provide the right answers.
- Candidates can submit objections to answer keys before 1st week of May 2021.
UPSEE 2021 Result
- In the last week of May 2021, online result declaration shall be made on the website.
- UPSEE merit lists indicate individual scores of candidates.
- Tie-breaking criteria is applied for a candidate who scores the same marks.
- Within a week of result announcement, candidates can obtain a photocopy of their answer sheets by paying INR 5000 per paper.
UPSEE 2021 Cut Off
- Candidates should score above the UPSEE cut off range to be eligible for applying to various courses.
- Cut off range for General Merit is 25% and for SC/ST, it is 20%.
- Candidates who score above the cut off marks shall be named in the merit list.
- Merit list candidates shall receive a further call for admission process.
UPSEE 2021 Counselling
- From last week of June 2021, counselling rounds shall be organised for merit list candidates.
- Online counselling is held in the order of merit list.
- Counselling process includes registration, seat selection, fee payment and document verification.
UPSEE 2021 Preparation Tips
Candidates can use these useful tips to excel and score high in UPSEE exam:
- Candidates should be well versed with the format, pattern and syllabus of the exam.
- Candidates should prepare a strategic time table and plan their preparation.
- Online resources, recommended books and expert reference material should be referred during preparation.
- Mock tests and previous year question papers should be an integral part of preparation.
- Candidates should write down their own notes and make good use of it during revision.
- Identify your strong and weak areas and work on improving scores in each section.
- Practice answer writing from NCERT prescribed textbooks to solve papers easily.