The NSDL infrastructure e-governance limited has created a unique scholarship scheme for students. In our country, there are many meritorious and deserving students who are missing out on their basic right to education due to hefty fees and course rates.
To provide such students with financial assistance and lessen the gap between education and financial board rooms, the Vidyasaarathi scholarship was envisaged. It is an online scholarship scheme for students.
The scholarship is mainly intended to help deserving students pursue their dreams of engineering/technology (BE/ B.Tech course) and receives its main funding sponsor from ACC Limited. It is basically provided for the undergraduate level of studies.
This scholarship is brought together by ACC in association with Vidyasaarathi scholarship to aid students in pursuing higher studies in BE/B.Tech Streams.
Also, the scholarship is particularly available, and only those candidates who are residing close to the ACC plants are eligible to apply. Neither the employees of ACC nor their children can actually apply for the scholarship.
Vidyasaarathi by itself is a huge umbrella wherein financial schemes are available in plenty, and candidates may apply according to their portfolio. These schemes are actually designed by corporate, industrial establishments, and fundraising organizations wherein they have the freedom to promote and develop their own unique kind of schemes that will provide financial aid to students.
Learn about National Scholarship Portal
Vidyasaarathi Scholarship 2020 – Tentative Dates
- Notification date of scholarship issue – October 2020
- Deadline to submit application form – November 2020
Vidyasaarathi Scholarship 2020 – Overview
|Organization||ACC (Associated Cement Companies)|
|Scholarship Name||Vidyasaarathi Scholarship|
|Eligibility||Under Graduate Course, ITI, B.E./B.Tech, Diploma.|
|Customer care number||(022) 4090 4484|
|Email Id||[email protected]|
Vidyasaarathi Scholarship 2020 – Eligibility Criteria
Students must check whether they are eligible to apply for the scholarship before going ahead in filling the online application form. They must carefully read all the instructions in the portal and check to see if they qualify all conditions before submitting the form. Here are some minimum eligibility criteria:
- Minimum 50% marks in Class 12th or pre-university level.
- In case a student has pursued a diploma, the student should have completed his course with a minimum 50% score.
- For ITI candidates, a minimum of 35% is prescribed at the SSC level.
Basic income of family
- The scholarship is mainly to encourage economically weaker sections of society.
- Students coming from families whose annual income is below 5 lakhs per year are only eligible to apply.
- If students do not satisfy these criteria, then they must not apply.
- Students of ACC employees are not eligible to apply.
Vidyasaarathi Scholarship 2020 Application Form
The application form has been made easy for students to fill up and submit without much difficulty. All relevant details must be entered correctly and as is in the documents.
Follow these guidelines to fill up the Vidyasaarathi application form for the year 2020
- Login to the official Vidyasaarathi portal.
- Create a registration ID and password.
- Go to the profile section.
- Enter all personal information correctly and create your profile.
- Search for the schemes that best suit your career track and click on apply.
- Submit the application form.
Documents Required For Vidyasaarathi Scholarship
Candidates have to present and upload relevant documents along with their application form as attachments. The list is given below:
- Domicile certificate indicating the place of stay of the student
- Address proof and ID proof of the student
- 10th standard and 12th standard mark sheets
- Bank passbook number to authenticate student account number
- Fee receipts issued by college authorities
- Parents’ income certificate
- PAN Card/ Voter ID/ Passport ( Originals should be scanned and then uploaded)
Vidyasaarathi Scholarship Renewal
- All candidates who have availed scholarships under the Vidyasaarathi scholarship scheme have to renew their application without fail.
- They have to apply again on the portal and select the scheme they have already availed.
- The indication of fresh/renew application shall be indicated next to the scheme, and the candidate should choose accordingly.
Vidyasaarathi Scholarship Benefits
- General scholarship amount declared is INR 5000
- Diploma and ITI students can avail scholarship amount up to INR 20000
- For undergraduate students, the scholarship amount they would be granted is INR 5000
- If a candidate is successfully selected to receive the scholarship amount, then he shall receive financial aid of INR 30,000. (This amount shall be credited to the beneficiary’s bank account directly.)
FAQ’s on Vidyasaarathi Scholarship
- What is the condition of renewing the scholarship amount?
The scholarship can be renewed for candidates who have successfully gained 50% in the previous year of their study.
- IS it compulsory for all applicants to possess a bank account
Yes. All applicants must hold a valid and active bank account. The scholarship amount shall get credited directly into the bank account.
- Can an applicant apply to multiple scholarship schemes?
Yes, it is possible for a candidate to choose many schemes, provided he satisfies the criteria mentioned under each one of them.
- How to retrieve lost ID and password of the official portal?
Candidates shall be sent a unique password to their e-mail id to retrieve their lost ID and password.
- How to check the status of my application on the portal?
Visit the official portal and go straight to the dashboard. Check the status of schemes applied in the action window of the portal.
- Whom to contact in case of general inquiries about the scholarship?
For any further queries about the scholarship, the following can be contacted:
Times Tower, 1st Floor,
Kamala Mills Compound, Lower Parel,
Mumbai-400013, Maharashtra state
Official Website: www.vidyasaarathi.co.in
Read about other Scholarship articles
|PFMS Scholarship||Vidyasaarathi Scholarship|
|US Awasthi Scholarship||UP Scholarship|
|Punjab Scholarship||Oasis Scholarship|