The authorities shall publish the VITEEE 2021 Exam Pattern. The exam pattern includes the exam format and type of questions asked in the examination. VIT regulates VITEEE, a university level entrance test to offer admission into UG engineering courses at VIT Bhopal, Chennai, Vellore and Amravati campuses. The relevant information regarding the VITEEE Exam Pattern 2021 is disclosed in this article.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
VITEEE 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates can look into the below section to access the comprehensive VITEEE 2021 exam pattern to seek admission into various UG engineering programmes in various VIT campuses. Candidates can do slot booking by themselves or slots shall be booked by the University based on the details furnished in the application form.
- The entrance test shall be supervised via online CBT mode and shall be conducted in three sessions on a single day, i.e. session I – 9:30 AM to 11:30 AM, session II – 12:30 PM to 3:00 PM and session III – 4:00 PM to 6:30 PM.
- The exam paper is set in the English medium.
- The questions are formulated from Physics, Mathematics/Biology, Chemistry, English & Aptitude Section.
- The exam paper comprises 125 multiple choice questions in the following proportion – Maths/Biology (40 MCQs), Physics (35 MCQs), Chemistry (35 MCQs), Aptitude (10 MCQs) and English (5 MCQs).
- The total time duration for exam completion is 2 hours and 30 minutes.
|Subjects||No. of Questions|
VITEEE 2021 Marking Scheme
Candidates seeking VITEEE 2021 engineering programme admission are advised to look into the marking scheme before preparing:
- The question paper of VITEEE 2021 is set for 125 marks.
- 40 marks are allotted for each of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology section. In comparison, the English section is allotted 5 marks.
- Every correct answer bags +1 mark.
- No negative mark is provided for the wrong response.
VITEEE 2021 Syllabus
The VITEEE 2021 entrance test syllabus comprises topics from Physics, Mathematics/Biology, Chemistry and English of Class 11th and 12th grade under CBSE syllabus and State Board of Higher Secondary Education. Few topics under the VITEEE 2021 Syllabus are enlisted below:
Topics include Laws of Motion & Work, Energy & Power, Electrostatics, Properties of Matter, Magnetic Effects of Electric Current, Current Electricity, Optics, Electromagnetic Induction & Alternating Current, Nuclear Physics, Dual Nature of Radiation and Atomic Physics, Semiconductor Devices and their Applications.
Topics include Atomic Structure, Coordination Chemistry & Solid State Chemistry, p,d and f – Block Elements, Electrochemistry, Thermodynamics, Chemical Equilibrium & Chemical Kinetics, Alcohols and Ethers, Isomerism in Organic Compounds, Carboxylic Acids and their derivatives, Carbonyl Compounds, Organic Nitrogen Compounds – Amino acids, Carbohydrates and Lipids.
Topics include Matrices and their Applications, Analytical Geometry of two dimensions, Trigonometry and Complex Numbers, Analytical Geometry of Three Dimensions, Vector Algebra, Integral Calculus and its Applications, Differential Calculus, Probability Distributions, Differential Equations, Discrete Mathematics.
Topics include Cell and Molecular Biology, Taxonomy, Genetics and Evolution, Reproduction, Biochemistry, Human health and diseases, Human physiology, Plant physiology, Biodiversity, ecology and environment, Biotechnology and its applications.
The English section includes questions related to English grammar and pronunciation, reading comprehension/factual passage.