VITEEE 2021: The full form of VITEEE is Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination. The official notification for VITEEE is soon going to be out anytime now in November. VITEEE is a university level entrance exam and provides admission into various B.Tech courses in its campuses. VIT University conducts this exam every year. This article provides complete details about VITEEE 2021 notification that includes exam date, eligibility criteria, application/registration process, exam pattern, syllabus, admit card, result, admission process and more.
VITEEE 2021 Exam Dates
This section covers details about important exam events and relevant dates.
|Commencement of application process||Last week of November 2020|
|Deadline to submit applications||Last week of February 2021|
|Application correction facility window||Last week of February 2021|
|Slot booking window||March 2021|
|Admit card availability||March 2021|
|VITEEE 2021 exam date||2nd week of April 2021|
|Result announcement||Last week of April 2021|
|Counselling process||2nd week of May 2021|
VITEEE 2021 Application Form
This section explains the important aspects of the application form and relevant payable fee for VITEEE 2021.
- The application form shall be released for VITEEE 2021 from the last week of November 2020.
- Candidates can opt for either offline or online mode for submitting applications.
- The application form has many sections to fill up, like the personal information part, communication details part, educational qualifications part, uploading documents part and finally fee payment.
- Candidate’s latest passport photo and signature need to be uploaded in the correct size and format without fail.
- Around the last week of March 2021, the application correction facility shall be open to candidates to modify erroneous data filled in their submitted forms, if any.
- Candidates can send their applications before the last week of February 2021.
- Candidates sending their application online need not send additional hard copy submission of the same filled-in form.
- Candidates can take additional copies of their submitted applications and save it for future reference.
- Fees can be paid in both online and offline modes.
- Fee once paid is non-refundable at any cost.
- Online payment can be made through net banking/ debit card/ credit card usage. Online fee charges are INR 1150.
- For offline fee payment, candidates need to obtain a DD of INR 1250 in favour of “VIT” payable at relevant campus. VIT has its campuses at Bhopal, Chennai, Amravati and Vellore.
VITEEE 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates need to go through the following conditions before filling up their application forms:
- All Indian citizens, PIOs, NRIs can apply for VITEEE Exam 2021.
- Candidates born on or after 1st July 1999 and passed 10+2 exam from a recognised board can apply.
- Candidates appearing for 10+2 exam this year can also apply.
- Candidates should have attained minimum 60% marks in the qualifying 10+2 exam to apply.
- For SC/ST/Jammu and Kashmir and other northern state applicants, the minimum qualifying score is 50% in 10+2 exam from a recognised board.
- Candidates must have compulsorily studied Physics, Chemistry, Maths/Biology and English subjects at 10+2 level.
VITEEE 2021 Exam Pattern
- VITEEE is a 2 hour and 30 minutes duration exam conducted in the online CBT mode.
- The paper consists of around 125 MCQs.
- The paper shall be set in English language only.
- Every correct answer fetches one mark.
- No negative marking for wrong answers.
The distribution of questions according to the section of the exam paper is listed below:
VITEEE 2021 Syllabus
Candidates can refer to these important topics for VITEEE 2021 preparation:
- Physics – Topics including laws of motion, matter and their properties, work, energy, power, current electricity, laws of induction, electromagnetic induction, alternating current, electrostatics, magnetic effects of electric current, optics and nuclear physics.
- Chemistry – Topics including atomic structure, p, d and f block elements, thermodynamics, chemical equilibrium, chemical kinetics, electrochemistry, carboxylic acids, carbonyl compounds, alcohols, ethers and their derivatives.
- Maths – complex numbers, matrices, analytical geometry, trigonometry, vector algebra, discrete maths, differential calculus, integral calculus, probability.
- Biology – cell biology, molecular biology, taxonomy, biotechnology, human physiology, genetics, human diseases, biodiversity, ecology, plant physiology, biochemistry.
- Aptitude – Data sufficiency, clock problems, calendars, directions, syllogism type problems, data interpretations, number series, codes.
- English – Grammar, vocabulary, composition, comprehension, sentence completion and poetry.
VITEEE 2021 Preparation Tips
Candidates can utilize these useful tips for carrying out a structured preparation for VITEEE Exam:
- Start early preparation and understand the exam pattern and syllabus well.
- Prepare well by attempting mock test papers and previous year question papers,
- Study only from recommended authors and prescribed authors’ books.
- Refer to class 12th NCERT books for getting a good foundational knowledge of topics.
- Practise well with solved examples, numerical type of questions and exemplar problems.
- Prepare a structured timetable and balance your studies by giving equal importance to all subjects.
- Do not leave any section unattended and attempt maximum questions possible.
VITEEE 2021 Slot Booking
In the month of March 2021, candidates can start booking their slots for VITEEE 2021 exam. Slot booking should be done through the OTBS – Online test booking system. Once a slot is booked by a candidate, no further changes can be made to it. Candidates have to select the city name and timings during the online slot booking process. For booking slots, candidates need to login with the correct password obtained during the form submission process.
VITEEE 2021 Admit Card
In the month of March 2021, candidates who have successfully booked exam slots shall receive admit cards for download. All candidates have to carry their admit card to the exam hall without fail. The admit card is a mandatory document containing important candidate details along with exam information. Along with the admit card, candidates have to produce a valid ID proof at the time of the exam. Candidates who fail to bring admit card to exam hall shall be refrained from attempting the exam.
VITEEE 2021 Result
Tentatively, around the last week of April 2021, results are expected to be announced in the online mode. A rank list of candidates in the order of percentiles shall be released by VITEEE authorities on the website. Login with your application number and password to check results. Download the scorecard and save it for further rounds.
VITEEE 2021 Cut off
Soon after the result declaration, the authorities release the cut off marks on the website. Several factors like candidate scores, number of students attempting the exam, seat availability, toughness level of exam etc. decide the cut off range of VITEEE. Based on online cut off scores, candidates scoring the qualifying marks shall be shortlisted for counselling round.
VITEEE 2021 Counselling
Based on cut off marks, shortlisted candidates shall be called in for an offline counselling round. Counselling is expected to commence from the second week of May 2021. The counselling process is carried out in a series of organised rounds like registration, seat allotment, verification of documents, payment of counselling fee etc. List of documents to be carried to counselling round are listed below:
- Class 10th and 12th mark sheets
- Class 10th and 12th certificates.
- Migration certificate
- Caste/ community certificate if applicable
- Nativity certificate
- Income certificate
- Passport size photos