VITMEE 2021: The full form of VITMEE is Vellore Institute of Technology Masters Entrance Examination. From the second week of March 2021, the formal application process for VITMEE is going to commence. VIT conducts the VITMEE exam for offering admission into various courses such as MCA, M.Tech and other master’s degree courses. Admission into various courses in VIT campuses shall be offered based on the entrance exam scores. This article gives detail information about VITMEE 2021 notification that includes exam dates, application form process, admit card, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus and more.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
VITMEE 2021 Exam Dates
|Formal beginning of application process||2nd week of March 2021|
|Deadline for application submission||3rd week of May 2021|
|Exam slot booking window||4th week of May 2021|
|VITMEE 2021 Exam date||1st week of June 2021|
|Result announcement||2nd week of June 2021|
|Publication of merit list||2nd week of June 2021|
|Counselling process||3rd week of June 2021|
VITMEE 2021 Application Form
Candidates must read and understand the application process completely, here are the details:
- From the second week of March 2021, candidates can start submitting online applications for VITMEE 2021.
- All applications need to be sent before the third week of May 2021.
- Candidates must submit completed applications. All sections like personal information, communication details, educational details and document uploading part should be complete in all respects.
- Upload scanned copies of signature and passport size photos in prescribed size and formats.
- After online submission, candidates are not required to send a hard copy via post/courier to exam authorities.
- Save a hard copy of the submitted form for future references.
- Exam fees can be paid in the online mode via internet banking/ debit card/ credit card usage. INR 1200 is the requisite application fee for all categories.
VITMEE 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- All Indian nationals/ NRIs/ PIOs/ foreign nationals can apply for VITMEE 2021.
- Candidates must have passed graduation in any discipline with minimum 60% marks from a recognised university board.
- Candidates must have proven academic consistency throughout class 10th, 12th and graduation.
- Candidates appearing for the final year of their final year exams can also apply for VITMEE 2021.
- An academic age gap of 2 years is allowed for students to apply for VITMEE Exam.
VITMEE 2021 Exam Pattern
- VITMEE 2021 shall be conducted for 2 hours duration in online CBT mode.
- The test would be conducted in English language only.
- All questions shall be of MCQ format.
- All correct answers shall be awarded 1 mark.
The distribution of questions and marks according to sections in the exam is tabulated below:
|Section||Total number of questions||Total Marks|
|Subject related section||80||80|
|General English communication||20||20|
VITMEE 2021 Syllabus
The syllabus for VITMEE shall be based on the course chosen by the candidate for the exam. The choice should be corresponding with the subject of study in graduation. Refer the complete syllabus and understand the important topics provided in the information brochure. Apart from the candidate’s choice of subject, General English communication is the second paper. Here are the important topics from the subject:
- Writing Technical instructions and leads.
- Writing memo notes and preparing minutes of meetings.
- Grammar related questions from verb agreements, tense forms, conjunctions, articles and prepositions.
- Forming structural questionnaires
- Proofreading techniques
- Trans-coding formats.
VITMEE 2021 Preparation Tips
These important tips and tricks prove very valuable to every student who is interested in appearing for VITMEE exam:
- Prepare a good time table and follow time schedules correspondingly.
- Choose a good textbook and recommended material for the subject of specialization.
- Keep adequate time for revision.
- Learn the high-level English skills required for the exam from a prescribed book.
- Practise well from mock tests and previous year papers.
- Prepare notes for each topic of study to help you during revision.
- Achieve in-depth knowledge and comprehensive understanding of both specialized subject and English Communication.
VITMEE 2021 Exam Centres
Exam centres for VITMEE shall be organised in various locations in Hyderabad, Kolkata, Kochi, Jaipur, Patna, New Delhi, Pune, Bangalore, Chennai, Chandigarh and Bhopal.
VITMEE 2021 Admit Card
From the third week of May 2021, candidates can download their admit card from online mode. Candidates who have successfully completed the exam slot booking window can go ahead and generate their respective hall ticket. Slot booking for the exam is purely based on a first-come-first-served basis. The admit card is a very important document containing important fields like name, roll number, exam centre, date, timings and important instructions for the exam. Carry the admit card along with a valid ID proof for the exam without fail.
VITMEE 2021 Result
Results of VITMEE 2021 are expected to be announced online in the second week of June 2021. Results shall be declared in the form of a scorecard indicating both specific ranking and merit order ranking of students. Login to the website with appropriate credentials to check your results. Merit list based on the scores of candidates shall be displayed for all candidates who have attempted the exam.
VITMEE 2021 Counselling
After result declaration, candidates shall be called in for counselling process. From the third week of June 2021, the counselling process is slated to commence. All candidates who have qualified in the entrance exam with cut off marks shall receive a call letter for counselling. At the time of counselling, candidates have to carry the call letter, photo, original documents and counselling fee without fail. Counselling process begins with registration, seat selection, locking preferred seat, document verification and payment of counselling fees. Documents required for verification are listed below:
- VITMEE 2021 exam admit card.
- Class 10th and 12th mark sheets.
- Degree certificate.
- Qualifying exam mark sheets of all years.
- The provisional mark sheet and provisional degree certificate for candidates writing final year exam.
- Transfer certificate
- No objection certificate
- Community certificate [ for SC/ST categories]
- DD drawn in favour of “Vellore Institute of Technology” payable at Vellore.