Essay on Wildlife Conservation: Protecting the wild animals, plants and the related fauna is collectively referred to as wildlife conservation. Man exploited wildlife and exercised poaching for his personal benefits. Due to his selfishness, many species are on the verge of extinction today. In 1972 the Indian government passed a wildlife protection act to prevent damage to wildlife. Zoos, botanical gardens, and wildlife sanctuaries are some of the ways wildlife is being preserved.
Essay on Wildlife Conservation 500 Words in English
Below we have provided Wildlife Conservation Essay in English, suitable for class 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 & 10.
“Wherever there are wild animals in the world, there is always an opportunity for caring, compassion, and kindness.”
Wildlife refers to the species of animals that are not domesticated. It plays a significant role in preserving the Earth’s ecological balance. It also provides stability to different natural processes. Wildlife conservation is a well-protecting wildlife population, ecosystems, and plants. Each species in the world needs food, water, shelter and, most importantly, reproductive opportunities.
Wildlife is a beautiful divine invention. God did not construct the universe exclusively for man. On this Earth, we consider the magnificent oak to the tiniest grass, from the giant whale to the smallest fries, in the wood. God forms all of these in a very balanced way. We, human beings, cannot contribute to these marvellous creations of nature but can preserve them. Thus, wildlife protection is essential to preserve the equilibrium of mother earth.
Types of Wildlife Conservation
Conservation of wildlife can be divided into two essential terms, namely “in situ conservation” and “ex-situ conservation.”
- In-Situ Protection: This form of protection preserves the imperil animal or plant in its natural environment. In Situ Conservation falls under initiatives such as National Parks, Biological Reserves.
- Ex-Situ Conservation: Ex-situ wildlife protection simply means off-site protection of wild animals and plants by eliminating and relocating a portion of a population to protected habitat.
Need for Wildlife Conservation
Conservation of wildlife is necessary to maintain a healthy ecological equilibrium among all living things. Every living being on this planet has a unique place in the food chain, and therefore contribute in their specific way to the ecosystem. Unfortunately, humans are destroying many natural ecosystems of plants and animals for land creation and firming. Some other factors that lead to the disappearance of wildlife are like poaching for fur, jewellery, meat, and leathers etc. If we do not take any action to save biodiversity, then one day all animals will be on the list of endangered species.
It is up to us to save the wildlife and our planet. It is also vital for medical values since a considerable number of plants and animal species are used to derive certain essential drugs. Ayurveda, India’s ancient medicinal system, also uses extracts of various herbs and plants. Wildlife protection is essential for preserving a safe and healthy climate. Birds like Eagle and Vulture, for example, contribute to nature by collecting dead bodies from animals and keeping the surroundings healthy.
Effective Wildlife Conservation Methods in India
To protect the environment, various types of wildlife management approaches may be employed. The following are some vital wildlife conservation methods in India:-
- Wildlife Conservation Laws – The 1972 Wildlife Protection Act is an act which attempts to protect the Indian wildlife. The Indian parliament enacted this act on 9 September 1972, and after that, the destruction of wildlife was limited to some degree.
- Habitat Management – This approach is used to perform wildlife conservation surveys and to hold statistical data. After that, the wildlife habitat can be improved.
- Creation of Protected Area – Protected areas are created to preserve wildlife, such as national parks, reserve forests, wildlife sanctuaries, etc. In these restricted regions, wildlife protection laws are implemented to protect the species.
- Awareness – There is a need to educate the people about the value of wildlife for wildlife conservation in India. Some people neglect or hurt wildlife since they are unaware of wildlife’s significance. Thus, awareness of conserving wildlife in India can be spread amongst people.
- Eliminating Superstitions – Wildlife has always been endangered by superstition. Many body parts of wild animals, parts of trees are used as treatments for other diseases. Such remedies have no theoretical basis at all. Also, some people claim that bone, fur etc. will heal their chronic illness by wearing or using other animals.
India has a wide range of wild animals such as Indochinese tigers, Asian lions, Indochinese leopards, various deer species, and many more. However, due to certain factors such as unnecessary hunting, illegal trade, habitat degradation, deforestation, etc., some animals and birds are on the border of destruction. While India’s government is taking measures to protect Wildlife, India’s fundamental heritage, every Indian person needs to think it is their responsibility to protect wildlife.