Clinton Fellowship 2020: The William J. Clinton Fellowship is offered by the American India Foundation (AIF). This fellowship is provided for Indian citizens in America/India and permanent residents of the US. All candidates who are willing to engage themselves in careers such as volunteering and social service can apply for this fellowship. This fellowship is to be carried out in India only. Prospective applicants should be willing to display enormous talent and knowledge in the area of the social sector. They should be willing to commit themselves for rendering services in the economic and social sector of India. Some of the work areas that majorly describe the performance of Clinton fellows include healthcare, education, environmental concerns, rural development, providing better leadership among the youth etc. This article gives detail information about Clinton Fellowship 2020 that includes the last date to apply, eligibility, application process, documents required, selection procedure, rewards and more.
Clinton Fellowship 2020-21 Summary
|Provided By||American India Foundation|
|Fellowship Name||William J. Clinton Fellowship|
|Eligible Standards||Only for America & Indian nationality students|
AIF Clinton Fellowship Dates
- 1 AIF Clinton Fellowship Dates
- 2 Clinton Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
- 3 Clinton Fellowship Application Process
- 4 Documents Required for Clinton Fellowship
- 5 Clinton Fellowship Selection Process
- 6 Clinton Fellowship Rewards and Benefits
- 7 Clinton Fellowship – Terms and Conditions
|Application Start Date||October 2019|
|Last Date of Application||January 20, 2020|
|AIF Program Dates||September 01 – July 01, 2021|
There may be some variations in the timeline specified above. The orientation program for the candidates may vary based on the time taken for conducting the final rounds and other formalities. Hence candidates need to stay updated and watch out for communications related to this fellowship by concerned officials.
Clinton Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
All candidates applying to this fellowship shall qualify in the below mentioned eligibility conditions to successfully apply for Clinton fellowship. Following are the eligibility criteria:
- Candidates need to have Indian/US citizenship. Candidates could also be in possession of a permanent resident certificate from the US.
- With reference to the date taken into account as 1st September 2020, the age of applicants should be in the range of 21 to 34.
- Candidate should satisfy the minimum qualification of a bachelor’s degree. The degree should be in the candidate’s possession before the start of the fellowship.
- All candidates must be willing to render their services in India.
- All statutory rules and regulations laid down by the AIF should be strictly adhered to.
- All conditions laid down by the host organization should be conformed to.
- The program consists of various phases starting from orientation, midpoint program and finally, the endpoint, which is the concluding phase. Candidates need to attend and take part in all these phases without fail.
- Formal agreements and policy guidelines between selected fellows, the AIF and the host organization needs to be complied at every stage of the fellowship tenure.
Clinton Fellowship Application Process
Below we have provided step by step application process.
- Visit the official website of AIF Portal
- Read through all the information points laid down by the fellowship committee.
- Click on the link mentioning “Click here to apply for fellowship”.
- Register yourself on the portal before proceeding any further.
- Enter basic registration details. Once your details are registered, candidates shall receive a confirmation message to their respective e-mail IDs.
- Click on the link provided in the e-mail message.
- Click on AIF William J Clinton fellowship application.
- Enter all relevant details in the application form and submit.
Documents Required for Clinton Fellowship
Here are some of the key documents that are needed at various phases of the fellowship process:
- Proof of age [Birth certificate/class 10 academic certificate]
- Citizenship document of the applicant
- Academic certificates of the latest qualifying exam.
- Bonafide letter from the host organization.
- Candidates who clear the tests to appear for the interview round shall present references. Offering two references is mandatory. Reference information with credentials should be uploaded in the online application portal.
Clinton Fellowship Selection Process
- In the first round, all applicants shall be screened by a review committee against the eligibility conditions quoted as part of Clinton fellowship guidelines.
- Selected applicants shall then be notified to take up written tests soon after. This phase shall shortlist students based on their ability and skills. Students shortlisted in the written round shall then be called in for a personal interview process.
- Candidates shall receive a notification quoting their necessity to travel to the nearest interview center, closest to their place of stay. Final list of candidates shall comprise candidates who make it successful in the interview round.
- Following selection, candidates shall be offered ample time to select and work through an association with host organizations. Time duration shall be allotted for pre-fellowship conditional fulfilment like VISA formalities amongst others. The process will lead to the orientation program at Delhi at a date announced to candidates during later stages.
Clinton Fellowship Rewards and Benefits
The rewards and benefits are different for candidates in India and their US counterparts. Here, we present the various rewards and benefits provided to Indian fellows:
- Travel allowance from the candidate’s hometown to the fellowship location.
- Coverage for the fellow through insurance.
- Support system for candidates in case of emergency/ crisis situations.
- Stipend on a monthly basis.
- Stipend amount shall be calculated on the basis of the candidate’s necessity to cover rent charges, food allowance, transportation charges and other essential services.
Clinton Fellowship – Terms and Conditions
Following are the terms and conditions that every candidate needs to fulfil to apply and obtain a Clinton fellowship successfully. They are:
- The Clinton fellowship is a full-time fellowship offered for volunteering service in India only.
- This fellowship encourages young and dynamic individuals as also promising and sustainable development organizations.
- Candidates could choose work in varied fields like education, healthcare sector, rural and sustainable livelihood among local communities etc.
- Candidates should be willing to leave a positive impact on society, especially a civil society that we are all part of. There should be evidence of transformation at the grassroots level, and a high sense of commitment is essentially needed in this regard.
- Fellowships are to be commenced and completed in India only.
- The entire 10-month program comprises of various participation stages such as orientation, midpoint, endpoint and other program points. Attending all stages of the fellowship with true interest and dedication backed by the spirit of learning and gaining leadership skills is quintessential to a fellow’s success.
- Selected fellows shall be offered a basic stipend to cover their minimal living costs. Thereby, it is made clear that they should quit their comfortable lifestyles and adapt to new changes quickly. Costs and expenses incurred should be minimum while working on the fellowship project.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the tenure of Clinton fellowship?
Answer: The Clinton fellowship is a comprehensive and elaborate fellowship offered to selected students for a total duration of 10 months.
2. What are some of the project areas that selected fellows can be a part of?
Answer: Fellows can participate in various and diversified projects ranging from education, sustainable living and healthcare, public health etc.
3. What are some of the eligibility criteria that candidates need to satisfy?
Answer: Candidates should mandatorily be a US or Indian citizen. Permanent residents of the US can also apply. Age criteria should be between 21 to 34 years. Minimum qualification required is a bachelor’s degree.
4. What are the language requirements to apply for this fellowship?
Answer: Good oral cum written skills in English is a must. Spoken English skills are mandatory. Good knowledge of local languages is a value addition though not mandatory. Ability to grasp and communicate in new languages is expected out of selected fellows.