The William J. Clinton Fellowship is offered by the American India Foundation or AIF for the year 2020-2021. This fellowship is provided for Indian citizens in America/India and permanent residents of the US.
All candidates who are willing to engage themselves in careers such as volunteering and social service can apply for this fellowship. This fellowship is to be carried out in India only. Prospective applicants should be willing to display enormous talent and knowledge in the area of the social sector. They should be willing to commit themselves for rendering services in the economic and social sector of India.
Some of the work areas that majorly describe the performance of Clinton fellows include healthcare, education, environmental concerns, rural development, providing better leadership among the youth etc.
This fellowship offers a detailed account of Clinton fellowship for the year 2020-2021. We get complete insights about this fellowship regarding important dates, eligibility criteria, the application process, documentation process, selection procedure, renewal process [ if applicable], various rewards offered as part of this fellowship, terms and conditions, results, FAQs and contact details.
William J. Clinton Fellowship 2020 – Overview
|Provided By||American India Foundation|
|Fellowship Name||William J. Clinton Fellowship|
|Eligible Standards||Only for America & Indian nationality students|
William J. Clinton Fellowship 2020 – Key Dates
The following timeline and sequence of dates correspond to the important events taking place with respect to Clinton fellowship 2020. Here is the list:
- The last date for application submission stands closed. It was 20th January 2020.
- All candidates who were selected through written tests have already been notified by March end.
- Those candidates who successfully cleared the written test were sent an invitation letter to attend an interview in April.
- In the month of May, successful applicants who cleared the interview shall get further clearance to associate with host organizations.
- Offer letters to the final list of selected candidates shall be dispatched by June.
- All the selected finalists have to utilize the months of July and August in obtaining Visas for the fellowship program. Also, other essential preparations needed as part of the fellowship program need to be secured in these two months.
- The orientation program shall begin by August. Location for the orientation is at Delhi only.
There may be some variations in the timeline specified above. The orientation program for the candidates may vary based on the time taken for conducting the final rounds and other formalities. Hence candidates need to stay updated and watch out for communications related to this fellowship by concerned officials.
William J. Clinton Fellowship – Eligibility Criteria
All candidates applying to this fellowship shall qualify in the below mentioned eligibility conditions to successfully apply for Clinton fellowship. Following are the eligibility criteria:
- Candidates need to have Indian/US citizenship. Candidates could also be in possession of a permanent resident certificate from the US.
- With reference to the date taken into account as 1st September 2020, the age of applicants should be in the range of 21 to 34.
- Candidate should satisfy the minimum qualification of a bachelor’s degree. The degree should be in the candidate’s possession before the start of the fellowship.
- All candidates must be willing to render their services in India.
- All statutory rules and regulations laid down by the AIF should be strictly adhered to.
- All conditions laid down by the host organization should be conformed to.
- The program consists of various phases starting from orientation, midpoint program and finally, the endpoint, which is the concluding phase. Candidates need to attend and take part in all these phases without fail.
- Formal agreements and policy guidelines between selected fellows, the AIF and the host organization needs to be complied at every stage of the fellowship tenure.
William J. Clinton Fellowship Application Process – How to Apply Online?
Candidates who are interested in applying to the Clinton fellowship must ensure they satisfy all eligibility conditions before proceeding to apply. Here are the step wise details of the application process:
- Visit the homepage of AIF portal
- Read through all the information points laid down by the fellowship committee.
- Click on the link mentioning “Click here to apply for fellowship”.
- Register yourself on the portal before proceeding any further.
- Enter basic registration details. Once your details are registered, candidates shall receive a confirmation message to their respective e-mail IDs.
- Click on the link provided in the e-mail message.
- Click on AIF William J Clinton fellowship application.
- Enter all relevant details in the application form and submit.
Key Documents Required For William J. Clinton Fellowship
Different phases of the application procedure require different documentation with respect to the Clinton fellowship. Here are some of the key documents that are needed at various phases of the fellowship process:
- Proof of age [ Birth certificate/class 10 academic certificate]
- Citizenship document of the applicant
- Academic certificates of the latest qualifying exam.
- Bonafide letter from the host organization.
- Candidates who clear the tests to appear for the interview round shall present references. Offering two references is mandatory. Reference information with credentials should be uploaded in the online application portal.
William J. Clinton Fellowship – Selection Process
In the first round, all applicants shall be screened by a review committee against the eligibility conditions quoted as part of Clinton fellowship guidelines.
Selected applicants shall then be notified to take up written tests soon after. This phase shall shortlist students based on their ability and skills. Students shortlisted in the written round shall then be called in for a personal interview process.
Candidates shall receive a notification quoting their necessity to travel to the nearest interview center, closest to their place of stay. Final list of candidates shall comprise candidates who make it successful in the interview round.
Following selection, candidates shall be offered ample time to select and work through an association with host organizations. Time duration shall be allotted for pre-fellowship conditional fulfilment like VISA formalities amongst others. The process will lead to the orientation program at Delhi at a date announced to candidates during later stages.
William J. Clinton Fellowship – Renewal Process
The fellowship is on offer for 10 months. All benefits offered as part of this fellowship holds good for a duration of 10 months only. Later, host organizations and candidates can work out sustainable future plans to carry out the later phase of the project. No further extension on Fellowship offers shall be entertained formally.
William J. Clinton Fellowship – Rewards and Benefits
The rewards and benefits are different for candidates in India and their US counterparts. Here, we present the various rewards and benefits provided to Indian fellows:
- Travel allowance from the candidate’s hometown to the fellowship location.
- Coverage for the fellow through insurance.
- Support system for candidates in case of emergency/ crisis situations.
- Stipend on a monthly basis.
- Stipend amount shall be calculated on the basis of the candidate’s necessity to cover rent charges, food allowance, transportation charges and other essential services.
William J. Clinton Fellowship – Terms and Conditions
Following are the terms and conditions that every candidate needs to fulfil to apply and obtain a Clinton fellowship successfully. They are:
- The Clinton fellowship is a full-time fellowship offered for volunteering service in India only.
- This fellowship encourages young and dynamic individuals as also promising and sustainable development organizations.
- Candidates could choose work in varied fields like education, healthcare sector, rural and sustainable livelihood among local communities etc.
- Candidates should be willing to leave a positive impact on society, especially a civil society that we are all part of. There should be evidence of transformation at the grassroots level, and a high sense of commitment is essentially needed in this regard.
- Fellowships are to be commenced and completed in India only.
- The entire 10-month program comprises of various participation stages such as orientation, midpoint, endpoint and other program points. Attending all stages of the fellowship with true interest and dedication backed by the spirit of learning and gaining leadership skills is quintessential to a fellow’s success.
- Selected fellows shall be offered a basic stipend to cover their minimal living costs. Thereby, it is made clear that they should quit their comfortable lifestyles and adapt to new changes quickly. Costs and expenses incurred should be minimum while working on the fellowship project.
William J. Clinton Fellowship – Results
Candidates shall receive notifications via e-mail and personal contact references for all updates on selection procedures. They shall receive intimations for selection in the first round of application screening, written test round and later the interview round.
Between January last week and March candidates shall be reviewed based on their application and intimated accordingly. By March candidates shall be invited for written test rounds.
Following written test results, candidates shall be invited for interview rounds in the month of April.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the tenure of Clinton fellowship?
The Clinton fellowship is a comprehensive and elaborate fellowship offered to selected students for a total duration of 10 months.
- What are some of the project areas that selected fellows can be a part of?
Fellows can participate in various and diversified projects ranging from education, sustainable living and healthcare, public health etc.
- What is the exact timeline for which the fellowship is offered?
The fellowship is offered from 1st of September to 2nd of July every year.
- What are some of the eligibility criteria that candidates need to satisfy?
Candidates should mandatorily be a US or Indian citizen. Permanent residents of the US can also apply. Age criteria should be between 21 to 34 years. Minimum qualification required is a bachelor’s degree.
- What are the language requirements to apply for this fellowship?
Good oral cum written skills in English is a must. Spoken English skills are mandatory. Good knowledge of local languages is a value addition though not mandatory. Ability to grasp and communicate in new languages is expected out of selected fellows.
For any further queries or doubts with regard to selection or application procedures with respect to Clinton fellowship, drop in your e-mails to this address: email@example.com. Mention your subject message clearly and present your e-mail in the most official reach possible.